Anyone up for a 30-Day Shred Challenge?

Yep, sounds good to me too RawrGirl so stick around!

Yay! Thanks, it would have stunk to drop out of my own challenge, lol.

I have started doing push-ups on my toes too! I don't get as many done as I did in my knees but it's a first for me. Next step: push ups with hand claps in between, army style!!

Oh, I know...nor do I. And WOW are you ambitious. RawrGirl is surprised she can even do them on her toes. She didn't even know she could except that one day she did Level 2. But she knows it's from doing pushups 3x a week since September. She went from being able to do 2 on her knees (RawrGirl has torn tendons in her shoulder/underarm area) to doing 10 in perfect form after the last 2+ months (even Prince Charming was shocked at her form), so when Jillian did them on her toes, she decided to try. Right now, RawrGirl thinks she is at 2 sets of 6 reps, maybe 8, (she can't remember as she did Chest Flies today), but anyway yea.

The thought of being able to do them with a clap in between and not falling flat on her face....hmmm....More power to Squishy!

Last edited:
Day 9 done :)

And yes eek for level two looming.

Body attack tomorrow morning so no shredding till Saturday.

That is inspiring Rawgirl - will keep trying on the push ups.....

Nettee said:
Day 9 done :)

And yes eek for level two looming.

Body attack tomorrow morning so no shredding till Saturday.

That is inspiring Rawgirl - will keep trying on the push ups.....

Well done Nettee. Feeling the effects of no food and a lack of sleep so took a night off tonight and just brought the dog for a little walk instead. Off to bed soon and will be back shredding tomorrow.

Wow Nettee, you are kicking all our butts. Way to go!

RawrGirl -- @ Level 1 (6 done, 24 to go)

dominoes -- @ Level 1(0 done, 20 to go)
BerryBerry -- @ Level 1 (0 done, 30 to go)
zeke -- @ Level 1 (5 done, 25 to go)
Nettee -- @ Level 1 (9 done, 21 to go)
Squishy -- @ Level 1 (7 done, 23 to go)

RawrGirl did not Shred today, but she did yesterday so just updated now. Today was busy with so many errands, she actually never made it back home and it was time to pick up the guys, and..well..RawrGirl does not work out in front of them (esp since she has to hold the girls, lol).

Just did 2 shreds back to back to make up for yesterday...

RawrGirl -- @ Level 1 (8 done, 22 to go)

Okay, time to make supper...

RawrGirl said:
Just did 2 shreds back to back to make up for yesterday...

Okay, time to make supper...

Wow! Super shredding RawrGirl! Well done. X

Well done RawrGirl - That must have hurt!

Level one complete! I have a date with level 2 tomorrow - watched it on fast forward earlier and feeling a bit aprehensive but will just have to get on and do it and see what happens. I was quite pleased that I managed my last level one with just the 2 and 3kg weights and no swapping. Only just did the anterior raises with the 2kg to the end but just about made it.

I found body attack easier than usual as well on Friday so the shred must be doing something for me.

Quite excited to have a change tomorrow though and a new challenge.........

Nettee -- @ Level 2 (10 done, 20 to go)

Well done Nettee, you're flying along. Great stuff! I haven't done the shred again. Not sure if it's diet or TOTM or both but I'm so lethargic, especially in the evenings. I'm going to see how kickboxing goes tomorrow night and if it's ok, I'll start shredding again on tues. Can't say I'm missing it but I do really need to start toning up.

Well I survived level 2 I think. Had a long break between circuits one and two as my baby needed me but apart from that it was ok. Not sure that I did it all right by any means - double jump rope is a bit of mystery as you say. She is keen on her dumbell rows isn't she. I am sure it will all become more clear as the days go on. Quite nice to get into the teens for session left to go!

Nettee -- @ Level 2 (11 done, 19 to go)

Yes, well done Nettee, you're doing so well! Thanks RawrGirl. Dreading kickboxing tonight but I'm getting off my butt and I'll see how I get on! Still stiff from my hockey match on Saturday so need to get moving again.

And you RawrGirl - I see your statistics are ticking along nicely.

Hope the kickboxing was good Squishy - I am going to have to give up body attack as the baby is getting more and more miserable at creche.

level 2 certainly makes me breathe harder and "glow" more than level 1 did. I think this time round it is circuit 3 that is the hardest......

RawrGirl -- @ Level 1 (9 done, 21 to go)
Nettee -- @ Level 2 (12 done, 18 to go)

Hi Guys. Iv'e just completed 1 of level 1 of 30 day shred this morning! Really happy as I didn't manage past 5 minutes back in July when I bought the dvd!!! :(!! But since, I've been on slim and save and lost over a stone which has made a huuuggge difference. Managed to get through it all with a few second stops here and there. Felt I was getting stronger as I progressed through the half an hour. Not excersised in years. Made a commitment to change this! Is it ok if I join in your challenge? Your all doing well!! I hope to incorporate kettleworx soon once i build up a stamina again! ciao!! xx

oO~SaDiA~Oo said:
Hi Guys. Iv'e just completed 1 of level 1 of 30 day shred this morning! Really happy as I didn't manage past 5 minutes back in July when I bought the dvd!!! :(!! But since, I've been on slim and save and lost over a stone which has made a huuuggge difference. Managed to get through it all with a few second stops here and there. Felt I was getting stronger as I progressed through the half an hour. Not excersised in years. Made a commitment to change this! Is it ok if I join in your challenge? Your all doing well!! I hope to incorporate kettleworx soon once i build up a stamina again! ciao!! xx

Welcome welcome! And well done! It's amazing how much excess weight can affect our exercise isn't it? Imagine trying to do the Shred with 14lbs strapped to you and how difficult it would be!

Thank youu!! I know! It's been a major eye opener, it's the biggest Iv'e gotten and got too much! So on a big mish to be uber tiny! hehe. So below I have added my progress! Hope you guys are getting on ok. Hope to see you all on the other side! :D xXx

RawrGirl -- @ Level 1 (10 done, 20 to go)
Sadia -- @ Level 1 (1 done, 30 to go)

You guys are putting me to shame!!
I've only done two since I posted on here (weeks ago!)

Squishy & RawrGirl - amazing work on the proper pressups. I find them sooooooooooooo hard on my knees. Can't wait to see some improvement as I feel like a total weakling at the mo :(

RawrGirl -- @ Level 1 (10 done, 20 to go)
BerryBerry -- @ Level 1 (2 done, 28 to go)
Sadia -- @ Level 1 (1 done, 30 to go)

BerryBerry, you're doing better than me! I've managed a grand total of 0. Half marathon training and the dark mornings are really taking it out of me. I might postpone my attempts until 2013...

Hey everyone! I'm going to wait until I've finished with Lipotrim before starting back up. Just too lethargic on such low cals. By the time evening comes I'm wiped and I'm just about managing kickboxing and hockey as it is. Will keep checking up on everyone though, so no slacking allowed ;) I'll be back in a week or so. X

Back