Anyone up for a 30-Day Shred Challenge?

Day4 came alot later than I planned due to diet slip up, but finally got there and back to it! Feeling much stronger now and can see me progressing well. Glad to see more joinging in. Good luck to you all xx

RawrGirl -- @ Level 1 (11 done, 19 to go)
dominoes -- @ Level 1(0 done, 20 to go)
BerryBerry -- @ Level 1 (2 done, 28 to go)
zeke -- @ Level 1 (5 done, 25 to go)
Nettee -- @ Level 2 (17 done, 13 to go)
Squishy -- @ Level 1 (8 done, 22 to go)
Sadia -- @ Level 1 (4 done, 26 to go)

Well done Sadia, keep at it.

Number 18 done for me. Progress as I touched both my toes for the first time in the cook down stretch.

Well done ladies! Nettee, what will you do when you're finished?!!! I know you'll miss Jillian ;)

Kickboxing for me tonight but hoping to Shred in the morning depending on nap times.

Now that is a good question Squishy. I am doing the shred in order to stay motivated after my body magic gold award from Slimming word. I think I need a target in order to do anything much! I can't have the platinum award until I know I won't stop doing at least 5 x 30 minutes per week. I will finish the shred just before the school christmas holidays so I imagine I will be doing a lot less for a few weeks until January. I am half thinking of just walking the dog further and doing a 10 minute solution toning each day.

Has anyone got any suggestions for new challenges for the new year?

I have considered couch to 5 K but don't think it is compatable with having a baby and I am not sure that running is really my thing anyway.

rest day for me today but I will update the list now from yesterday:

Nettee -- @ Level 2 (18 done, 12 to go)

Me again. I have decided to do Davina Fit for two weeks to ease me in and then 30 DS. After that though, I was considering trying Kettleworx 6 week challenge. Have you heard of it? Not cheap but it would make a great Xmas present and the kettle bells can be bought cheaply at Tesco etc. after that there is a truly hardcore exercise plan called Insanity which my friend raves about. Also n YouTube...... I am on mat leave at the moment but back to work in Jan so a work out that is 3 to 4 times a week would be better for me than something that is daily.

Now that is a good question Squishy. I am doing the shred in order to stay motivated after my body magic gold award from Slimming word. I think I need a target in order to do anything much! I can't have the platinum award until I know I won't stop doing at least 5 x 30 minutes per week. I will finish the shred just before the school christmas holidays so I imagine I will be doing a lot less for a few weeks until January. I am half thinking of just walking the dog further and doing a 10 minute solution toning each day.

Has anyone got any suggestions for new challenges for the new year?

I have considered couch to 5 K but don't think it is compatable with having a baby and I am not sure that running is really my thing anyway.

rest day for me today but I will update the list now from yesterday:

Tough slog this morning after a great kickboxing session last night, but it's done.

Squishy -- @ Level 1 (9 done, 21 to go)

Quick reply Nettee as it's lunch time and I'm about to chew my own hand off!

I was never a runner, I absolutely detested it. Until I did the C25k that is! It starts off so gradually and you think you'll never possibly run 5k but you will. I then did the Bridge to 10k app and ran a 10k race in the summer. The thing is, once you've done the C25k, you never have to go back to the beginning again. I went for a run last month for the first time since July and managed a 4k loop around my local area without a problem. You're out and back before you know it, and it's only 10mins longer than the shred. Have a think about it but I highly recommend it! X

Nettee Iv'e been looking into c25k recently and despite not being a runner the forum iv'e been on has really motivated me to become one. And just like squishy has said. Alot of people convert to becoming runners and eventually progress furthur, I really like the idea of becoming a runner there is something about it, that intrigues me. Iv'e looked into kettleworx too, it is quite expensive but it looks so good!

At the moment shred/c25k is as much as I will/should only do as Im on a vlcd and shred alone is enough for such low calories. If I can manage c25k aswell great!

If anyones interested have a look on here it's got loads of information on health and wellbeing as well as a great forum for c25k etc http://couchto5k.healthunlocked.com/

Day 5 done! Still struggle with circuit 1, maybe because i'm not fully warmed up but the moves are becoming easier to handle now especially the knee press ups, but I still need some knee pads hehe.

Sadia -- @ Level 1 (5 done, 25 to go)

Thanks for the suggestions. The Kettleworx and insanity look interesting (if expensive) - as I said I quite like the idea of a set program like those are. c25k is still a thought but maybe one for the future. I was also looking at Jillian's ripped in 30 which sounds like the shred really but with 4 work outs - meant to be done over 4 weeks I think which is maybe a bit short.

I think the press up part is easier in work out 2 than 1 you will be glad to hear but not much else.......

Another one done - one more at level 2 for the weekend and then I will see if everyone is right about level 3 not being much harder than level 2 - I do hope so!

Nettee -- @ Level 2 (19 done, 11 to go)

Woohoo, Level 1 done!

Nettee -- @ Level 2 (19 done, 11 to go)
Squishy -- @ Level 2 (10 done, 20 to go)

fantastic Squishy - good luck with level 2

an early morning shred and level 2 is complete! :D :D

even did some deeper push ups this morning and all of circuit 3 with my 2 kg weights (although I can't say my form stayed perferct to the end of the v flys)

I have a date with level 3 tomorrow.......

Nettee -- @ Level 3 (20 done, 10 to go)
Squishy -- @ Level 2 (10 done, 20 to go)

fantastic Squishy - good luck with level 2

an early morning shred and level 2 is complete! :D :D

even did some deeper push ups this morning and all of circuit 3 with my 2 kg weights (although I can't say my form stayed perferct to the end of the v flys)

I have a date with level 3 tomorrow.......

Wow, good luck with Level 3 Nettee! You are doing so well. Can you feel/see any difference in your body yet?

Got up this morning and jumped straight into level 2 to help relieve the bloated gross feeling that I have as a direct result of a buffet yesterday. Forgot how tough level 2 was!

Nettee -- @ Level 3 (20 done, 10 to go)
Squishy -- @ Level 2 (11 done, 19 to go)

Well level 2 did get easier as I went along so that is a difference I suppose. Still not quite into my size 10s yet - I won't measure until the end. I did have a good weight loss last week but a gain the week before. I suppose I have lost 4 1/2lb in the first 3 weeks of doing the shred which is quite good for me especially as I am getting closer to target and that includes a week of eating rubbish and two good weeks on the slimming world plan so perhaps the shred can have some of the credit!

well done on getting on with level 2 - it certainly is a jump up from level 1 - enjoy all those plank related exercises.......

RawrGirl's cold has put her so far behind...:cry:

But she will start tomorrow with a vengeance!

Congratulations to all of you -- you're all doing fantastic!!!

Squishy -- you reached ultimate goal while RawrGirl was gone??? You couldn't have waited till she got back?!?! Off to read your journal and catch up on the juicy details.

RawrGirl's cold has put her so far behind...:cry:

But she will start tomorrow with a vengeance!

Congratulations to all of you -- you're all doing fantastic!!!

Squishy -- you reached ultimate goal while RawrGirl was gone??? You couldn't have waited till she got back?!?! Off to read your journal and catch up on the juicy details.

Oh prepare to snore your way through it!! X

Into single figures! Day one level 3 done - nearly thought I would have to start tomorrow as the power was off today but it came back on just in time! Definately more consistantly breathless in this one and the new muscles hurt and OMG full sit ups! But survived it and ready to go again tomorrow.....

Hope you are feeling better Rawrgirl and that you have a good shred today

Nettee -- @ Level 3 (21 done, 9 to go)

Well, RawrGirl did her Shred today...but due to being sick, she now has 18 days to do 18 Shred's. Grrr.

RawrGirl -- @ Level 1 (12 done, 18 to go)

Oh dear has it really been 4 days since my last shred! nooo, Well despite not shredding long which wasn't my intention, today went really well!! I really handled the moves alot better I feel like my posture during them is better and I am also breathing properly through them Hooorah!. The only downside is, you are all hardcore and I'm still getting though level 1 boo. 4 more and im ready for Level 2. Although I have to admit I am s*%***g it eeep!! xx

RawrGirl -- @ Level 1 (12 done, 18 to go)
Sadia -- @ Level 1 (6 done, 24 to go)

Back