Anyone up for a 30-Day Shred Challenge?

All done and the results are in:

1" off my waist, 1/2" off my thigh and no change in my calf or upper arm. I am reasonably happy with that - we always want more but I was expecting less to be honest. Having said that I did wear my size 10 jeans out and about yesterday which is probably the most exciting thing.

And I did my 4 press ups this morning! ;)

I will be back on Wednesday with my final weigh in.

Good luck to everyone else - keep at it guys.........

RawrGirl -- @ Level 2 (18 done, 12 to go)
dominoes -- @ Level 1(0 done, 20 to go)
BerryBerry -- @ Level 1 (2 done, 28 to go)
zeke -- @ Level 1 (5 done, 25 to go)
Nettee -- @ Level 3 (30 done, 0 to go) :D
Squishy -- @ Level 2 (12 done, 18 to go)
Sadia -- @ Level 1 (6 done, 24 to go)

All done and the results are in:

1" off my waist, 1/2" off my thigh and no change in my calf or upper arm. I am reasonably happy with that - we always want more but I was expecting less to be honest. Having said that I did wear my size 10 jeans out and about yesterday which is probably the most exciting thing.

And I did my 4 press ups this morning! ;)

I will be back on Wednesday with my final weigh in.

Good luck to everyone else - keep at it guys.........

RawrGirl -- @ Level 2 (18 done, 12 to go)

Woohooooooo!! Well done Nettee! Wish I could give you a prize or trophy for finishing. Mind you, wearing a pair of size 10 jeans is a pretty nice prize! Best of luck on Wednesday with the weigh in.

I'm over my stomach bug finally but not have a stinking sinus infection so haven't shredded in over a week. My daughter is bringing all the bugs home since she started crèche- I just didn't realise I'd catch them too!

Thank you Squishy, hope you are feeling better soon

Congratulations Nettee! RawrGirl is with Squishy...wish we had a pot or something that you could win.

(In case a "pot" is a US thing, I will explain...sometimes people in a competition will all put a dollar in the pot in each week, and at the end, the winner gets the pot, i.e. all the money.)

Fantastic job on the inches lost!

congrats nettee! That's fab.. Not shredded since last week, ended up with heart palpitations which were due to lack of protein from vlcd so gone a bit awol. So will be joining u guys again hopefully within next few days.

Well done again xx

Last edited:
congrats nettee! That's fab.. Not shredded since last week, ended up with heart palpitations which were due to lack of protein from vlcd so gone a bit awol. So will be joinging u guys again hopefully within next few days.

Well done again xx

WOW -- hope you are okay! RawrGirl always aims for about 80 grams of protein a day.

WOW -- hope you are okay! RawrGirl always aims for about 80 grams of protein a day.

Hi love, Im fine now. I usually have a chicken protein meal but for a few days went for cod. At 100G a meal but didn't think to look into protein for each 100g doh so I was missing quite a bit overall those few days. Hopefully all should be good now. Cant wait to get back on :) x

Glad you are feeling better Sadia

2 more down...but RawrGirl is really starting feel burned out. Sheesh...only a few days ago she felt like she could do this forever. She has another Jillian DVD that is all cardio broken down into 6 minute segments, so she might start that and then finish up with her weights. Might be a good change. For now, she is looking forward to exercise break over Christmas.

RawrGirl -- @ Level 2 (20 done, 10 to go)

Well done Rawrgirl - variety is good. I have done nothing since Sunday.

weight results are in: 8 lb in 6 weeks. Really pleased with that :)

Nettee 8lb is fantastic! Enough for a noticeable difference! Well done you. X

So RawrGirl did an amazing amount of exercise considering she was on holiday. She did the Shred Sat, a lower body workout Sun, Shred Thursday and Friday and a lower body workout Saturday. And yet she still gained 1.5 inches in her waist. :(

RawrGirl -- @ Level 2 (23 done, 7 to go)

While RawrGirl is not giving up on the Shred Challenge (she will finish, gosh darn-it!), she just wanted to let Nettee and others close to goal that she started a weight loss challenge of reaching ultimate goal by Valentines Weekend here: Team Skinny Ultimate Goal

RawrGirl has not yet done Shred today, but she really hopes she gets to it. Right now, she is sitting on couch, under blankets with son's laptop, and feeling quite lazy.

Well done Rawrgirl - only 7 left now. I have hardly done anything since I finished the shred. Need to get going again. Will check out your other thread. I want to get to target by then too - in fact a bit below as I am of on holiday on the 16th and would like to stay in range.

I gained a fair amount over Xmas :( will you be getting back on the 30 day shred?

RawrGirl has 7 left to do, which she does plan on doing. But then she may do a diff Jillian DVD after that.

Currently, most of us who had done this challenge are now doing this challenge which is to reach goal weight by Valentines weekend. We call ourselves Team Skinny and plan on keeping a maintenance journal in the maintenance forum here for a year...something like RawrGirl's Team Skinny Maintenance Journal, and so forth, to help us keep the weight off. You are more then welcome to join us. :)

Back