Anyone Who Knows Stansted Airport..........

mustdoit

susan
i know dizzy lives nearby ...could you or dizzy let me know if there is a good garage or takeaway ......nearby stansted to feed the children ............sandwiches etc on monday morning ............thanks susan x.......don't want to pay airport prices x:sigh:

Hi Susan

Great Dunmow has tesco with cafe. The store is open 24 hours although the cafe is not. Lots of people who use airport use it, taxi drivers etc. May be worth doing we are only 10 minutes away. However there is Boots at the airport that sells sandwiches and the prices seem to be same as instore. When is your trip? Is it next week half term?

Dizzy x

thanks ............ half term and skiing ..........but on the cheap ..............thanks for the info

picked someone up from bristol airport .flight delayed .............cost me 15 pounds to feed my 3 !!!!!

sorry mich should of said .........going up sunday to stay at friends house who will most likely put something up for us ........but just like to be prepared ...x

My mother grew up in Gt Dunmow and I still have a few relatives there :D.
There are services on the roundabout when you come off the M11 for stansted airport. No idea what they are like though.
Bishops Stortford is nearer than Dummow and has lots of eating places. Including the usual fast food places.
I grew up in and around Bishops Stortford :D and still have relatives there too :D

thanks laura ............you look great in your feb photos xx

sorry mich should of said .........going up sunday to stay at friends house who will most likely put something up for us ........but just like to be prepared ...x

No worries - you could always just take a few bits and leave in the car - it's cold enough that nothing will go off....lol!!! What about some of them dunker type things - some fruit shoot type drinks/or water some mini packs of jaffa cakes - mini pringles etc - all stuff that if you don't need to you leave in the car and it won't go off - or they can stick in their rucksacks and take on the plane.....

I find I have to feed my three all the way there when we go on hols....:eek: They usually have their own back packs and I put a selection of stuff for them...... small boxes of raisins, pack of crisps, cheese strings, small packs of biscuits, cereal bars, small bottle of water or fruit shoot...... keeps them entertained for ages......!!!!

Anyway, just a few suggestions..... hope you have a great time skiing......:D

brilliant ...............advice will pack up their own and no squabbles or fat mama diving in !!!! xx

Back