Are many still on the JUDD diet?

I am also thinking of combining my up days with fast 5... So there's no danger of going absolutely mental when I do eat. At the moment I am quite hungry but wouldn't eat anything as I don't wanna mess it up. So I will have a home made smoothie at 2 o clock. But then i know I won't always feel so good about it! So if I combine it with fast 5, if I do eat lots at least I will only have 5 hours to do the damage lol. Will have a think about it and see how I feel :) x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

yes ive been half tempted to turn around to them and say shut the eff up and get out if you dont want to listen

aw your fiance sounds sweet! makes it harder to lose weight though, my boyfrinds the same

ive been on here since april (i think) but just sort of faffed around for quite a while, only recently started to try to actually lose weight. ive had quite a few naughty days really so i was 16st 7 this morning, so ive put on 3lbs since i weighed in at 16st 4 on friday, bloody hell lol 3 lbs on in 3 days oh dear. time for some damage control - hello JUDDD! lol

so! our first down day! whats ur calorie target for today? i think i'll set myself 600cals and see how much i eat, shouldnt be too bad if i can resist the urge to pick at food at work.

going to have a cup a soup in a bit, that should be about 70cals, then have a meal of about 400 cals when i get home tonight. must remember to only have sweetener in my cups of tea at work! that leaves me with a bit of wriggle room for a piece of toast if im struggling or something.

down days are ok when ur busy but when i dont have uni or work and im at home, its like the food calls out to me lol will need to distract myself

what doesnt help is that weve got tubs of chocolates like heroes and celebrations, and mice pies and loads of yummy stuff in the kitchen

when i did JUDDD before, i didnt eat as much as i thought i would on my up days. i thought i'd think 'oh yay i can stuff my face!' but i just couldnt eat as much as i did before, i think ur stomach gets used to eating smaller amounts on down days, so on up days u feel fuller quicker

doing a combo does seem a good idea :)

how are u doing so far? x

Hey!

Haha, 3 pounds. It's often water as well, it will come and go so don't worry about it too much. Although, it's always better to see it go than come :D

Sounds like you have a plan sorted! Try and stick to it the best you can! Also, if you feel like you are desperate to eat something naughty just think - if I do want it REALLY REALLY bad I will have it in an hour. Hopefully in an hour's time your willpower will be stronger again ;) Sometimes works for me. I try not to buy any sweet stuff so it wouldn't tempt me. I got some pink wafers as they are low cal and nice so I might treat myself to a few later. I am finishing my 24 h fast at 2pm and that's when I can eat again. But because I have an up day tomorrow I will keep myself to low cal's after 2 and maybe do the F5 and eat from 2-7. Even I can't believe how good I am planning to be! Whether it will work out as well, we shall see! Like you said, after fasting or not eating much you keep dreaming of food but once you actually can eat you fill up really fast and don't want all the fatty foods. I was dreaming of a fry up last night but now when I think about all that fat it makes my physically sick!

Good luck to you today, be strong and let me know how you get on! :) x

i hope its water weight lol

im feeling positive about this down day so far, i have a cup a soup in hand and im not feeling ravenous, so far so good

good idea about waiting an hour :)

with the sweet stuff, its cuz of my boyfriend, hes 6' 3 and about 12 stone so hes lovely and slim and can eat whatever he wants, sooo not fair!

ah pink wafers, i used to get them! i also used to get something called 'pink and whites', theyre wafer with marshmallow, 50 cals each. think i might stock up :)

haha yeah ur plan is looking good!

i should probably go and get ready for work, and stop sitting around in my dressing gown :D

yeahhh i likes me tickers! lol

good luck to you too hun, i'll try my best to be good i promise lol hope u do ok! i wont be home til about 9.30 but will let u know how ive done and see how ur getting on xx

I know the feeling, bloody men! They never feel guilty about eating crap or put on pounds. I could just look at sweets and already gain!

Yessss, pink and whites! Yumm, must stock up! Going to make an order for tomorrow :) And lots of healthy stuff of course! :p

Good luck and have a good day! I am desperately waiting for my smoothie. And I might have a crumpet. Feel like actually chewing on something :D

I shall be up late TRYING to study anyway so update me when you get home!

Speak soon xx

hey!

how was the smoothie and crumpet? bet it was looooovely to be able to have something to EAT and actually chew :D

i hope ur studying is going/went well :) ive got loads to get through, got deadlines in december that have crept up and appeared as if from nowhere, the ******* lol

ive done well today even if i do say so myself, had the cup a soup before i left for work and had 4 spoons of soup while i was at work, it was either that or scoffing a whole cheese scone...or 6 hehe omg the smell mmmmm i was eyeing them up but remembered what u said about waiting an hour, then an hour later yes i still did want it lol but thought i should wait another hour so i did, than another one, next thing i know it was nearly the end of my shift yay

so thats all ive had so far today, with the exception of 2 cups of tea and 1 cup of coffee, all made with semi skimmed milk and sweeteners

ive got a horrible niggling feeling ive eaten something horrifically high in calories but i know i havent, its weird to have actually behaved myself for a whole day

had my pedometer on today (i use another thread which encourages u to take 10,000 steps a day and dont think ive actually done the full 10,000 in a day - except for once) and just took my pedometer off and it says ive done10,443 steps what the helllllll, which is the equivalent of 4.2 miles, whats happening to me - im actually doing stuff properly :O lol its a good feeling though

im quite hungry now though so think i'll treat myself to a frozen spag bol or something, then probably going to go to bed so i can get up early (ish) and try to get some studying done before uni in the afternoon

hope ur ok x

Samprand said:
hey!

how was the smoothie and crumpet? bet it was looooovely to be able to have something to EAT and actually chew :D

i hope ur studying is going/went well :) ive got loads to get through, got deadlines in december that have crept up and appeared as if from nowhere, the ******* lol

ive done well today even if i do say so myself, had the cup a soup before i left for work and had 4 spoons of soup while i was at work, it was either that or scoffing a whole cheese scone...or 6 hehe omg the smell mmmmm i was eyeing them up but remembered what u said about waiting an hour, then an hour later yes i still did want it lol but thought i should wait another hour so i did, than another one, next thing i know it was nearly the end of my shift yay

so thats all ive had so far today, with the exception of 2 cups of tea and 1 cup of coffee, all made with semi skimmed milk and sweeteners

ive got a horrible niggling feeling ive eaten something horrifically high in calories but i know i havent, its weird to have actually behaved myself for a whole day

had my pedometer on today (i use another thread which encourages u to take 10,000 steps a day and dont think ive actually done the full 10,000 in a day - except for once) and just took my pedometer off and it says ive done10,443 steps what the helllllll, which is the equivalent of 4.2 miles, whats happening to me - im actually doing stuff properly :O lol its a good feeling though

im quite hungry now though so think i'll treat myself to a frozen spag bol or something, then probably going to go to bed so i can get up early (ish) and try to get some studying done before uni in the afternoon

hope ur ok x

Oh wowwwww, well done! I am so so proud of you, that's amazing! Once you get through the first few down days it will get easier. Normally second is the hardest as the first one you are full of enthusiasm, second is like "oh no, not again" like me today, haha. But then it should get better from there! And the steps as well, you are doing great and should be very proud of yourself! I need to start carrying my pedometer around as well! Have a bit of food and don't feel guilty!

My day has been good. Finished my fast at 2, the last two hours were soooo hard but I stuck with it! I have had lots of food today but I combined it with fast 5 so finished eating at 7. I had quorn chicken pieces with some peas and sweetcorn and potatoes. Then had some jelly babies, yummmmm. Then some pink wafers and a few breadsticks with dairylea. That was it. Lots of crap but it felt good, lol.

I have not done any studying so am very annoyed with myself. So much more to read so I really need to get on with it. Like you, I have a deadline 1st December and then another one 4th january etc.

Any nice food plans for tomorrow? Looking forward to weighing in? When are you weighing in?

Good luck with studying too, hope I will get more done tomorrow! x

thankyou! just put my frozen spag bol in the oven, treated myself to a little galaxy caramel from the tub of celebrations, couldnt resist it, but im not going to feel bad for eating 1 chocolate, i live on the wild side yehaaa! lol it was sooo good, u really appreciate the taste of food when you havent eaten much

so u finally got to eat those jelly babies :D

deadlines, mine are mostly around the 8th and 9th, stressful much! ive thought about doing the open university, whats it like?

with tomorrows food, im hopefully going to get into uni early so i can get my head down in the library for an hour or two and make some headway with my work, then have my lectures from 12 until 5 urgh so many hours! so im thinking, ill probably skip breakfast as i need to clean the flat in the morning, get myself to uni but make myself some pasta with bolognese sauce before i leave to eat for lunch, will take lots of water too, then when i get home i reckon we're either going to have gammon or spicy chicken mmm nom nom nom

dont feel bad about not getting any studying done, sometimes it just goes like that and the time slips away from you, theres always tomorrow :)

my weigh in day is friday

its really sad but i weighed myself just now, and from being 16st 7 this morning i was 16st 6 (and a 1/4 or something, but i ignore those bits) so ive lost a pound today, so maybe tomorrow i'll be 16st 6 but i reeeeeally need to get out of the habit of weighing myself so much, i swear im getting ocd with it lol probably only lost water or something but its still nice seeing the numbers go down. i should really try to not weigh until friday, but i say that every week and it never happens. i'll try though

have u got plans food-wise for tomorrow?

do u have a weigh in day? x

Samprand said:
thankyou! just put my frozen spag bol in the oven, treated myself to a little galaxy caramel from the tub of celebrations, couldnt resist it, but im not going to feel bad for eating 1 chocolate, i live on the wild side yehaaa! lol it was sooo good, u really appreciate the taste of food when you havent eaten much

so u finally got to eat those jelly babies :D

deadlines, mine are mostly around the 8th and 9th, stressful much! ive thought about doing the open university, whats it like?

with tomorrows food, im hopefully going to get into uni early so i can get my head down in the library for an hour or two and make some headway with my work, then have my lectures from 12 until 5 urgh so many hours! so im thinking, ill probably skip breakfast as i need to clean the flat in the morning, get myself to uni but make myself some pasta with bolognese sauce before i leave to eat for lunch, will take lots of water too, then when i get home i reckon we're either going to have gammon or spicy chicken mmm nom nom nom

dont feel bad about not getting any studying done, sometimes it just goes like that and the time slips away from you, theres always tomorrow :)

my weigh in day is friday

its really sad but i weighed myself just now, and from being 16st 7 this morning i was 16st 6 (and a 1/4 or something, but i ignore those bits) so ive lost a pound today, so maybe tomorrow i'll be 16st 6 but i reeeeeally need to get out of the habit of weighing myself so much, i swear im getting ocd with it lol probably only lost water or something but its still nice seeing the numbers go down. i should really try to not weigh until friday, but i say that every week and it never happens. i'll try though

have u got plans food-wise for tomorrow?

do u have a weigh in day? x

You shouldn't feel guilty about one chocolate! As long as it doesn't turn into a whole box of celebrations! :p but it's better to have when you fancy it rather than deprive yourself and eat a whole box later.
Open uni is really good as it gives you flexibility which I really need but then at the same time you need to be really determined and self motivated. Which I am not. Thankfully my fiancé never stops nagging so he helps me get everything done! Apart from my current subject I am loving it :).
Good idea to have your day planned out, less likely to fail. Says me who has no plans for tomorrow yet. I need to tidy up the flat too and go outside with the boys. Cooking enchiladas as for dinner - I cannot wait!
I have the same problem, I am so inpatient I wanna weigh myself every day but I know it's not a good idea as I might be disappointed come my weigh in day - which is Wednesday by the way. So we shall see :) I will try and keep myself away until then. x

Well done one the one pound loss too!!! We will get to our targets in no time (ish). All we gotta do is stick to our diet! We can do it!!!!!!! x

to be honest im always in danger of scoffing the whole box lol but i stopped at just the 1, could this be the start of some willpower? im scared lol

ah yes nagging, one of the greatest motivators there is :D im glad ur enjoying it :)

im sure u can make it til wednesday, just resist the temptation to weigh for tomorrow and then bam! its wednesday!

ur right, we can do this. we've both done really well today! if we can survive the first few days, like u said, it will get easier xx

Hey Hun! How are you doing today?

I've had a brilliant day. Tidied up the whole flat so good exercise and no eating all at once! I had one chocolate bit as well and didn't want any more! Actually made me feel quite sick which is a pleasant surprise :D

im doing ok, ah its a good feeling to finish tidying up, its like hey i forgot we had carpet! lol

sounds like youve done well! so far ive had some pasta and bolognese sauce at uni, and have just had a few celebrations and 2 scones cuz ive just got home and was peckish, got tea on the go, going to have gammon and potato wedges

i meant to come online this morning to post but had a manic morning, forgot about the landlord being due today to get his rent, so spent about an hour and a half in a mad rush getting through the mountain of dishes in the kitchen, shampooing the hallway carpet, and doing 2 loads of washing, then got myself ready for uni and out the door. then to top it all off the landlord didnt turn up all day, so we rang to see where he was and he said he'll be out tomorrow arrrrrgh! so i could have had a lie in lol my plan to go into uni early to study for a while in the library also went down the pan, so will try to get something done tonight but it could go either way

after studying all day i just really dont feel like it but i know i should

who'd have thought feeling sick could be a positive thing lol x

Gosh, sounds like you had a hectic day!

I have done sweet f all again - watched made in Chelsea, I know it's sad but I love it so much. Last episode and I was upset. Haha.

Feeling really hungry at the moment for some reason. Been eating all day :D not over my calories but constantly munching on something. Going to eat breakfast tomorrow morning and start my fast again at 8 am until 8 am on Wednesday an will also weigh in then - eeeeek. First week results! x

aw bless you being upset for a tv show lol

ive been really hungry since tea time, seems like all ive done is eat!

ur weigh in is close, i take it ur excited!? :D

i wasnt sure about having a down day tomorrow as tuesdays are normally the days my mum comes over to visit and i find it really awkward being strictly on diet food when people come over, so i was thinking of making it a 'medium' day instead hehe but now im not sure if mums coming over, so will have to see how it goes. if she comes, ill have a medium day, if she doesnt i'll do a 100% down day and will get some studying done, partly cuz i really have to cuz deadlines are getting closer and also partly to keep myself busy

im pretty sure - almost certain - that ive gone over my calories for today, maybe got something to do with the fact ive been feeling tired so have in some subconscious way been using food to keepy myself interested in staying awake. i never think of this stuff while im scoffing lol

how much are u hoping to have lost for wednesday? x

hiya hun

hows the fast going? x

Hiya :)

Super well actually as I've had a crazy busy day at work and not even thought about food. Just need to get through the evening now.

How's your day been? X

its good when ur busy :)

i actually got some studying done today, finally! but was craving something sweet so had a few choccies from the celebrations tub, and a highlights hot chocolate. also had 2 packs of crisps coming to about 150 cals. so not a great down day as ive had roughly 450cals so far today and still need to get through this evening. will probably have a small meal coming to 3/400, meaning i should have between 7/850 total for today

ive found it harder today than the first down day, but then ive been in all day which no doubt hasnt helped

i keep having random cravings for fish fingers with beans lol

weigh in day for you tomorrow! i reckon you'll have lost between 2-4lbs, i think on JUDDD ur meant to lose 2lbs a week (but i think thats based on someone who weighs less so we should lose more), plus youve been fasting so youve obviously eaten even less than someone who does JUDDD on its own

have u got any idea how much weight loss is water loss? i cant seem to find an answer anywhere online

im thinking i should make a plan of what i can eat on down days, giving myself a very low calorie munch every hour or 2, cuz when im home i find myself staring at the clock waiting for big blocks of time to pass until i can eat, how lame is that lol my theory is that if i allow myself to eat every hour, i'll get bored of going to the kitchen all the time, so wont bother getting food

during my cravings ive felt guilty, which is so stupid, its eating for god sake i shouldnt feel bad for wanting to eat lol its not even as though i craved bad food, i had a major craving for pasta at lunch which isnt bad for me or anything : /

hows ur willpower going so far for tonight? x

Samprand said:
its good when ur busy :)

i actually got some studying done today, finally! but was craving something sweet so had a few choccies from the celebrations tub, and a highlights hot chocolate. also had 2 packs of crisps coming to about 150 cals. so not a great down day as ive had roughly 450cals so far today and still need to get through this evening. will probably have a small meal coming to 3/400, meaning i should have between 7/850 total for today

ive found it harder today than the first down day, but then ive been in all day which no doubt hasnt helped

i keep having random cravings for fish fingers with beans lol

weigh in day for you tomorrow! i reckon you'll have lost between 2-4lbs, i think on JUDDD ur meant to lose 2lbs a week (but i think thats based on someone who weighs less so we should lose more), plus youve been fasting so youve obviously eaten even less than someone who does JUDDD on its own

have u got any idea how much weight loss is water loss? i cant seem to find an answer anywhere online

im thinking i should make a plan of what i can eat on down days, giving myself a very low calorie munch every hour or 2, cuz when im home i find myself staring at the clock waiting for big blocks of time to pass until i can eat, how lame is that lol my theory is that if i allow myself to eat every hour, i'll get bored of going to the kitchen all the time, so wont bother getting food

during my cravings ive felt guilty, which is so stupid, its eating for god sake i shouldnt feel bad for wanting to eat lol its not even as though i craved bad food, i had a major craving for pasta at lunch which isnt bad for me or anything : /

hows ur willpower going so far for tonight? x

Oh that's not bad hun. Some days are like that, you still haven't eaten loads of calories so don't worry about it! If you stress and deprive yourself too much you will fall off the wagon altogether.

It is a good plan to eat every hour so it will never feel like you can't eat much during the day. And I know what you mean about feeling guilty, I do all the time.

I am dreading weigh in tomorrow, I feel full today, no idea why, so it doesn't feel like I have lost weight. Silly. And I don't know about water loss... Will try and have a look!

I am doing alright so far, feeling hungry now that I got home. Hopefully the kids will keep me busy, then will do some studying and have an early night as I'm knackered.

I cannot wait for my breakfast, I can tell you that much haha.

How are you doing now? What are you having for dinner? xx

Back