Are u a hoarder?????

does anybody else wash out all the tubs? i have a nice collection of ice cream tubs (pre sw!) and margarine tubs. i dont use them, i jsut have a thing about storage!

what if i needed to store something and didnt have any storage...what would i do??? BF has to drag me out of WHsmith when they have storage on offer!

Noddynoobs said:
does anybody else wash out all the tubs? i have a nice collection of ice cream tubs (pre sw!) and margarine tubs. i dont use them, i jsut have a thing about storage!

what if i needed to store something and didnt have any storage...what would i do??? BF has to drag me out of WHsmith when they have storage on offer!

I do wash them out - but i also use them! How else would i transport my mountains of free food to work each day :)

I do wash them out - but i also use them! How else would i transport my mountains of free food to work each day :)

i normally have homemade soup at work, so i have 1 special box that has a proper seal.

other than that i have all the pasta and lentil type things in the cupboard in the boxes.

maybe i need to hoard food to put in my boxes?

We have a fridge in the kitchen, a freezer in the cupboard, a chest freezer in the garage and a spare fridge in the shed so I reckon you could say I'm a hoarder too!

Our canned goods cupboard is stacked 2 high, the shelf above has Super noodles, mugshots, Pasta and sauce, rice and scan bran to the brim. We have 2 massive fruit bowls and a veg rack in the shed. I'm the only one in the house doing SW!!

Clotheswise, my fella has about 1 metre of rail space and an underwear draw and I have about 4 meters plus 2 chests of drawers and 3 vacuum bags under my bed. I still have "nothing to wear" and I daren't even mention shoes!!

We have a fridge in the kitchen, a freezer in the cupboard, a chest freezer in the garage and a spare fridge in the shed so I reckon you could say I'm a hoarder too!

Our canned goods cupboard is stacked 2 high, the shelf above has Super noodles, mugshots, Pasta and sauce, rice and scan bran to the brim. We have 2 massive fruit bowls and a veg rack in the shed. I'm the only one in the house doing SW!!

Clotheswise, my fella has about 1 metre of rail space and an underwear draw and I have about 4 meters plus 2 chests of drawers and 3 vacuum bags under my bed. I still have "nothing to wear" and I daren't even mention shoes!!

Blimey!!

Me & the OH have an agreement that if I buy a pair of shoes I have to give a pair away. So now I just buy them, hide them in the bottom of the the wardrobe and then 'integrate' them as and when so he doesn't notice.

Same deal with handbags

Ha ha, when I saw savoury rice and pasta'n'sauce for 40p each in asda I really stocked up big time 10-15 of each, got home to find my cupboard was still full from the last offer!!! I now have a box of them on top of my cabinets for when I eventually have the space! I also seem to hoard bags of frozen spinach, had 4 full bags and 2 opened on the last count, tis all yummy though :)

kingleds said:
I might have to make a chilki, some soup & have tomatoes for brekkie all in one day - then i'd be left with only 2 tins and THAT would be unthinkable!

I know, I'm a bit mental

Lol thats so funny x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I too have a cupboard dedicated to plastics. Ranging from ice-cream boxes to marg boxes. And also a range of varying sizes in plastic bowls, which came from Christmas pudding, steamed sponge puddings and the like. Very useful for heating stuff in the microwave, or storing randoms in the fridge. Most of them are YEARS old, and came from mother, who has TWO cupboards dedicated to plastics. Am I jealous? Yes......

My freezers are daft. I have two, and they are constantly full. I am currently trying to eat our way through them, as its getting a wee bit daft. There are naughty things in there too, which I am slowly off-loading on the brother.

I do have quite a stash of pasta and sauce packs. And tinned tomatoes. And beans. I also have a strange thing about bacon - there always has to be at least one pack in the house.

joolyliss said:
What does STS mean? as an abbreviation on here? cheers :)

Stay the same

Since doing SW I've noticed I hoard tinned food and packet food lol lol, if I go to the cupboard and there is only one tin of chopped toms I start to panic a little lol lol I must have ten packets of Super-noodles lol anyone else out there the same?? I need to start using things up lol

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I didn't think I was but I have a huge stash of Pasta n Sauce, noodles, savoury rice etc. Maiunly because I was told to collect them, but truth be told I'm not keen on them and prefer cooking fresh rather than out of a packet.

Having said that I suppose I could have a week of eating out of the stock cupboard and save a few bob lol

There was a programme a whole ago trying to get people out of debt, presented by a lovely American man with a funny voice and a penchant for bow ties, anyway he made the people not buy food unless fresh veg and use up the stuff in the cupboards, most lasted a family of four two weeks! The money saved went straight into paying off CC debts!

He also ripped through DVD collections and sold them too! Let's face it we all have DVDs we've seen but won't watch again!

OH dear I have to confess to plastic containers too. I sometimes panic at the amount of stuff I have in the house. I like that Shirleen about eating the contents of the cupboard. Oh well - see u all next year then. LOL
Seriously I may have a go. How many cans of tuna do I really need lurking, and baked beans, and tinned toms......

There was a programme a whole ago trying to get people out of debt, presented by a lovely American man with a funny voice and a penchant for bow ties, anyway he made the people not buy food unless fresh veg and use up the stuff in the cupboards, most lasted a family of four two weeks! The money saved went straight into paying off CC debts!

He also ripped through DVD collections and sold them too! Let's face it we all have DVDs we've seen but won't watch again!

The highlighted bit literally made me lol.

The bit about the DVD's is true - am I the only one with several hundred DVD's that seldom watch them, but if one of said movies came on TV/movie channel I'd sit and watch it!!

The bit about the DVD's is true - am I the only one with several hundred DVD's that seldom watch them, but if one of said movies came on TV/movie channel I'd sit and watch it!!

Unfortunately I'm the same! :eek: Although I'm worse, because I'll start watching it on tv, then get the DVD out and put it on so that I don't have to sit through the adverts! :D

I'm a nightmare for box sets. I've lost count of the times I've watched the first few episodes of Friends, SATC, The Office, The Inbetweeners, The O.C with the view of watching them all and then never getting past Season One, episode 4. Still buy them though!

Back