Are you up for a challenge???????

wow great losses every1...

I'm still going strong woohoo this challenge keeping me motivated..

Well done everyone. Just remember anything you lose over 5lbs in a week is a bonus for this target. We can do this!! :)

Well.............. I have come on to post a confession and get a major kick up the ass!!!!!

:break_diet:
I feel soooooooooo angry with myself and ashamed 'cos I am the one who started this challenge and I have sadly had the worst day ever.
I signed my decree absolute to finalise my divorce and I have been getting victimised and bullied at Uni.
It all kicked off this morning. Because yesterday I had finally had enough of the way I was being treated and the nasty comments and jibes from a select few of my so called fellow students, I went to the head of the faculty to put in a formal complaint of bullying and harrassment. So, this morning at Uni was horrendous. I was called all the names under the sun, told to watch my back at all times, told I was a useless, grotesque, ugly fat ***** and I would get what was coming to me!!!!!!!!
Bearing in mind this is supposed to be an adult learning environment, it is Uni not playschool, and the fact that I had done absolutely nothing to warrent this treatment, because I made an official complaint and the Uni has a zero tolerance policy for bullying or discrimination of any kind, they will be put before a disciplinary panel and will probably be excluded from the course permanently. This has been going on for quite a number of weeks and there is only sooooooo much a person can take.
Sadly I let it have a negative effect on me and I think when you get told something often enough you start to believe it. I ended up eating toast with butter on it in Uni at breakfast time, at lunch I had a cheese toastie and then I came home and had 3 bowls of suger puffs followed by even more buttered toast.
Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am in self destruct mode and I have not stopped crying since I came home. I really hate myself for being weak and breaking my diet. I know these people have brought it on themselves and even some of the tutors have noticed them alienating me and it is totally out of order and because I have found the strength to stand up to them I am feeling the aftermath and it is really not a nice position to be in. It is unbearable!!:cry:

Am at Uni too and everyone know the rules. They treated you horribly and you can only take it for so long before it becomes too much. They are all adults and they should realise the consequences of their actions, so do not feel bad about what you have done. It had to be done and it takes alot of courage and strength to go through with it.

As for the eating side, don't worry about it now. It is already done. Accept it, draw a line under it and move on. Get back on CD as soon as you can and just get on with it. Remember what is motivating you and why you need to do this. You get weighed on Tuesdays, you can still have a good loss this week.

Lotsa hugs chic. Hope you are feeling much better.

YS you've had a really horrible day, the kind that nobody should have to suffer and because of that you ate - but the day is almost over and you need to get a good nights sleep and then when you get up in the morning it's a whole new day and you can carry on with your diet as before ---- do not feel bad about this otherwise it's just something else negative that you have to deal with, the slate is wiped clean (((hugs)))

As for the bullies you were right to report them, bullying is not acceptable at all and you're a very strong person for facing up to them - so you should be feeling proud of yourself not feeling bad.

One of those things happening would make for a horrendous day but both is really bad. Good for you for standing up to them.
Food wise - as Katie says its one day - Back on CD tomorrow.

Yasmine-Samara - Unfortunately, some people are total arse holes through their lives :(

Reading your post, I really, really felt for you (reminded me of being back at school) and while kids are cruel you always expect it to stop when we 'grow up'. Some.. clearly never do.

Understandably you'd be upset at your day today chick, the bloody pigs! Easier said than done to say forget about it.... but...

you pick yourself up, brush yourself down, look in the mirror and say 'i'm 'yasmine-samara' and i'm gorgeous and wonderful' Those 'people' are a waste of space and don't deserve to share the same air as you. I hope they don't 'only' get kicked off the course.... and NEVER believe what they say to be true, because they couldn't see real people for **** in their eyes!

but for you honey, this diet is going to change your life. It's going to give you so much happiness that no one can ever take away with ANY comments they make. You're doing this diet for yourself and you are a much better person than those 'idiots' (for want of a much ruder nastier word)

((hugs))

I hope you feel better tomorrow, you walk with your head held high hun... ballox to them!!

Maybe they'll get you down... but getting yourself back up there is what you're going to be doing, and I wouldn't even bother saying 'you'll show them all' because... who cares about them?!
Chin up... i really hope you feel better :D Hey... we're a team on here, and here for you any time you want xx

I was going to ask if I could join but that suddenly seems less important now compared to what has happened to you YS, dont let the b******s get you down hun, uni is for you and nobody else, although to you all must seem lost at the moment.

Put today behind you and move forward on CD dont let them destroy this for you or the bullies win.

keep smiling.

If I can still attach myself to this group that would be great my starting weight is 19.13 stone :sigh::cry:

x

Firstly I want to thank everyone for their kind words and support - yes you are all right and I have woke up feeling a bit better today. I have just had my bowl of porridge and the first of many glasses of water!!!!!!

I have got straight back on the plan but I have gained 5lb :(
If I am really good I should still show a loss by tues and to remain on target for the challenge I need to try and have a 3lb loss. All I can say is that I will do my best. I am sooooo glad I started this thread - you guys are great!!!!!! I am sure I would have carried on eating and feeling worse if it wasn't for all of the support I had received from all of you. Thank you all again!!!

Can we all give a mega big welcome to Dieting Rambler and doris. As you can see we are a great bunch of people and will support eachother no matter what.
Pammiedoll well done on your 9lb loss that was fab, I bet you're really chuffed!!! Did you post your starting weight?

Good luck to blueeyes for this week - looking forward to seeing you post your losses, you can do it hun!!

barnsie23 (thurs) 15st 9lb -4lb
blueeyes26 14st 7lb (mon)
Diet4-40
(Sat) 17st 11lb
Dieting Rambler (fri) 19st 11lb -8lb :eek:
doris (wed) 19st 13lb
downesy (wed) 14st 13lb -4lb:D
headdown (mon) 17st 7lb
karen.garraway (tues) 15st 11lb -1lb:)
x-katie-x (tues) 18st 12lb
michellethegooner (mon) 18st 2lb -4lb :D
MrsR2004 (mon)
Pammiedoll (wed) -9lb:party0049:
PoundPrincess (tues) 15st 8lb -7lb :D
rainbow27 (mon) -8lb:eek:
Sadsam26 (fri) 18st 11lb -11lb:party0011:
Sylvie86 (sun) 18st 1lb
TraceyR (tues) 21st 9lb -6lb
yasmine-samara (tues) 26st 12lb -8lb:cool:

YS, I really feel for you (big hugs) - like people have said some people are horrible & never grow out of it (I strongly believe in the saying what comes around goes around, but 10x f...king harder - so I am sure life will get them back eventually).

Don't worry about the eating, put that to one side - we have all done it. I think that's why most of us put on weight in the first place - comfort eating.
Just don't let those horrible people win - just think of their faces when they see you & you have meet your goal weight (you will treasure that moment forever).

Unfornuately those horrible people are everywhere in life at school, at uni, in the workplace. I have meet many in my 26 years including my parents & that is one of the reasons why I put on weight from comfort eating. I am making a change, I am losing weight (or I will be on monday) and it isn't because of all the horrible people that have been mean to me - it is for me!
The saying "sticks & stones will break my bones, but words will never hurt me" - is so not true, all the nasty comments people had ever said to me are at the front of my mind, I constantly think about them & I never remember the nice things said to me.

Be strong, you will get through it & remember you are a billion times better than those horrible bullies.

You can do this xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Y-S I'm so glad to see you back in your positive frame of mind .... those 5lb will disappear in no time don't worry about that --- have a great Saturday, hope you have a lovely day xx

Thanks guys,

I am feeling really hungry 'cos I knocked myself out of ketosis by eating but I will keep myself busy and try not to think about it too much. Have a good day and I will post later and let you know how my day has gone. Off to work now!!! :(

Thanks for letting me join!

Jasmine-Samara - I am glad you are feeling more positive today, together we can do this. Just remember you will lose the weight, they will remain bullies and complete and utter biatches for the rest of their lives. And keep yourself busy and drinking loads of water and the ketosis will soon kick in.

I 'think' that the way we deal with these situations is what makes us (royal us) different to slim people, and by getting back on the wagon straightaway you are taking control of you weight so well done!

Hope everyone is having a great Saturday, I have just finished the dread housework, going to spend 1/2hour on here and then I have to do paperwork.....oh and I have ironing to lookforward to this evening...oh what it is to be diet rambler!:8855:

:DI am back!!!!!
The scales haven't budged yet so that 5lb gain is still there :eek: but I have got loads of housework to do today and ironing 'cos I haven't hardly touched it all week. Thank you all for all your support - you really have helped me get back on track :D
Just waiting for a few more results and will anounce a slimmer of the week this evening. Could I have them in by 6pm please.
Will try my best to find a logo or picture in time.
good luck to those who are still to be weighed.

Only lost 2lbs this week but am happy. Lost 2 inches off my waist and 17lbs in 2 weeks. That's really motivating.

Well done Sylvie - that is brill.

YS & Sylvie - what are you studying at uni? I want to go back to uni, once I have lost weight (when I get my confidence back) I qualified as a solicitor (Oct 2006) - but I want to do some more studying, but I'm broke - so I will have to move back home, with my parents (rent out my house to help pay the mortgage) and I can only move back home with my parents when I'm slim - as they are both slim & are very mean to me about my size & have told me until I lose weight they won't let me come back home and help support me while I am studying.

Am studying Applied Biomedical Science, I graduate in a year plus am hoping to get into Warwick Medical School. Am lucky because my family have never really picked on me about the weight, I like you come from a family of really slim people. My CDC jokingly said that am the milkman's lol, but I have tiny hands and feet so I was meant to be small.

Well done Sylvie on your weightloss this week! 17 lbs in two weeks ....good going girl!

Well done to you all - haven't posted much this week as been in a bad mood and didnt want to bring you all down too ha. I still read this thread every day though and love the fact that we are all here for each other through our gains and losses.
Will be in touch again in the week. Have a good rest of the weekend xx

Back