Arghh..have stayed the same this week

happymonday

Having a mid-life crisis
:cry:

WHY is my body determined to not let me get to 10stone :confused:

I have never stayed the same whilst on TFR, I've always lost even if it's just 1lb!

Although I admit I haven't been drinking as much as I should this week due to hecticness of work (work in a lab so not allowed to drink at my desk so have to make concerted effort to go elsewhere to drink iyswim!)

This won't set me back. It might have done in the past. But it won't today. Because whats the alternative? Go pig out, put on another 5lbs and then it'll be even more of a longer slog to get to the elusive 10stone :rolleyes:

Although in 4 weeks I've lost a total of 5lbs...which is a bit crap. Oh well.

Onwards...

Last edited:
I'm glad it won't get you down - stay with it and you WILL get down to 10 stone. Which is incidentally what I'd like to be too but am a looooong way from!

Aw hun, I know how disheartening it can be. Try and up your fluid intake and see how it goes. You're not TOTM or constipated are you? Incidentally what solution are you on? 10 stone is my goal too, I have a long way to go but we will all get there!!!

I've spent the morning wondering if I should go up a level, and add a meal in. But I still don't feel I can 'trust myself' and worry that by eating a meal, I'll be opening up the floodgates...

Then I think, well, I feel ok, I'm wearing size 12's, I can't be fat still (even though what I see in the mirror is a fat person)..so perhaps I ought to refeeed...however!...My BMI is still 'high', I'm bordering on still being 'overweight'. I'd like to get it down a bit more, so I'm comfortably in my range iyswim

But it is hard, I'm fed up of not eating, but don't want to eat either! ;)

I think now you are under 25bmi you should not be doing TFR so you really need to be adding a meal, and if you don't learn to control your food now you will struggle when you reach goal. I am still above 25 but am only doing TFR 3 days a week and learning to eat again on the other 4 days. Am still losing decent amounts apart from 1 week which was my own fault. It could be your body's way of saying - enough now!
Bren xx

but am only doing TFR 3 days a week and learning to eat again on the other 4 days.

How do you find this Quak? Don't you find yourself feeling hungry on the days you go back to TFR?
I'm only asking because i'm interested. It might suit me. I work 3 long days (7-8) so find it really easy to TFR on those days but on my days off it's soooo much harder. I found it "easy" first time round, but now i've only got a small amount to lose in comparison i'm thinking perhaps i should add a meal.

sorry for waffling on :D

Some days are fine and others can be a challenge - I just get extra water down me where possible. Today has been a hungry day so before my 4.5 mile walk with the dog tonight I had a small amount of hummous on cucumber and celery and my soup when I got back and it did the trick. It does mean I can't honk today but in the scheme of things it is not too much of a problem. Because the days I eat I try to do very low carb I may still be in ketosis a lot of the time, don't use sticks so I can't be sure really.
B xx

Quak is right, if your BMI is now under 25 (even only a bit under!) you should come off TFR.

I've spent the morning wondering if I should go up a level, and add a meal in. But I still don't feel I can 'trust myself' and worry that by eating a meal, I'll be opening up the floodgates...

That worries me a bit, it's the top of the slippery slope into an eating disorder and I'm sure you don't want to be going there...........

You have to deal with food at some point, and I think the way to approach it is to think that by doing TFR YOU have been in control. Just because you are now adding food doesn't mean you need to let go of that control - it just means you have to wield it in a slightly different way.

All VLCD diets are designed so that you add your food slowly and within set limits, which should make it easier for you to retain that feeling of control whilst still losing weight.

if you don't want to continue on working solution maybe look at some of the other diets that combine VLC with "normal" eating, I am very interested in JUDDD personally.

Having food doesn't mean you will gain weight, or even that you will stop losing. Quak, Gina and several others here are testament to that and a real inspiration for those of us following behind them.

You'll be OK - after all how hard can eating be compared to not eating? :D

Back