arrrgggg

bali2001

i just relapssed and ate a big bag of boiled sweets. ive had a really bad week as my daughter was taken into hospital and ive been juggling work with visiting and looking after her 2 year old, then today someone drove into our car!!! I ate the sweets about 3 hours ago and have been beating myself up since. i feel such a failiure. going out the garden to see if the sun will cheer me up

Look -- just put it behind you -- stop beating yourself up. It's over and done with - and move on! A relapse is normal..just don't use it as an excuse to go off the diet and now eat whatever you want (the sort of thing I would do....thinking 'oh well, I've blown it now...might as well have a glass of wine, etc) This is WRONG thinking and will make matters worse. So enjoy the sunshine - and get right back on that horse!

This is a lesson for all of us here so thanks for sharing bali2001. One slip up is not a reason to write off a day, or worse, the whole blooming diet.
Well done - I think you have dealt with this excellently. I only hope I can treat my slip-ups as one-offs and not have them lead me down the slippery slope into a binge. Now that really does lead to ridiculous guilt!
When you finished the sweets - did you think that they didn't even taste that great after all anyway?!
I seem to have this crazy relationship with chocolate - I want it, I eat it, and am continually disappointed that it didn't taste as great as I imagined it would. So why don't I learn...?!

Well done Bali!! A little lapse here or there is NATURAL!!! As long as you have the courage to go back and do it properly again (you'd be surprised how many people after falling off teh wagon just once throw in the towel), you're fine. Honestly, you may be feeling a little guilty, but in the grand scheme of things you are doing brilliantly.

Put it behind you, don't let it sway any other decisions you will make in the future.

You're amazing, don't let anything get you down! ...and most of all remember - we're all only human. :D

Back