Total Solution Aryathebrave's fighting the flab

Adding the mushroom & spring onion won't do any harm Arya, I had to do it when I had some of the breakfast egg packs as they were so bland.

Well done on refusing the chocolate, save that for when you reach target :). x

Thanks for the reassurance, Susie. I haven't tried the eggs yet, I think I'll have to jazz them, too! X

I added ham and parmesan cheese to my risotto and the carbonara and cheddar to the chilli and the spag bol. Nothing, however, could redeem the spag bol with my taste buds!! You'll be fine.

Hope your day has gone well Arya x

Day 10 (I can't believe I'm still 100%)!

Started with a coffee and a toffee and caramel shake. Had a cup of bouillon mid morning and a banana shake for lunch. Curry for dinner (jazzed up with dry fried garlic, chives and of course Tabasco - really enjoyed that)! Since my little experiment with fresh herbs/mushrooms, I'm feeling much more positive about the diet. I really thought I would struggle since I'm off for the half term, but honestly, it hasn't been bad. I know week two is notorious for low losses and I'm prepared for that. I'm also expecting TOM any minute now, so that will probably contribute, too.

A quick question - quite a few people on the Facebook Exante group are talking of having to have a food week after week three. Has anyone done this? And is it necessary? I'd rather just plough on...

Off to relax with coke zero and Jack Bauer :D Have a lovely evening, everyone x

It is a requirement to have the food week, basically it's so your body doesn't go into starvation mode.

It doesn't have to be actually food, it can be a certain amount of milk ontop of your packs as well, and if you do it the way you're suppose to - low carb, or just adding safe ketosis foods to meal packs, it won't affect your weight loss because you're still under your allowed calories that allow you to lose weight.

There's more accurate information on the Exante website so I'd recommend looking there. :)

Well done on doing 10 days 100%!

That's fine Arya, I don't know the amounts for WS but I'm guessing you'd be allowed more than that and if that's what it takes to get you through this then you go for it :) x

It is a requirement to have the food week, basically it's so your body doesn't go into starvation mode.

It doesn't have to be actually food, it can be a certain amount of milk ontop of your packs as well, and if you do it the way you're suppose to - low carb, or just adding safe ketosis foods to meal packs, it won't affect your weight loss because you're still under your allowed calories that allow you to lose weight.

There's more accurate information on the Exante website so I'd recommend looking there. :)

Well done on doing 10 days 100%!
Thanks for all the info, Sheridan. Did you do a food week? How did you find eating food again?

Thanks for all the info, Sheridan. Did you do a food week? How did you find eating food again?

I haven't done a food week as it would have been this week and I had Sunday evening off, though after three weeks of only shakes and water, I was worried I wouldn't enjoy the food, but I did very much and it didn't make me feel especially hungry for more. Also, I have postponed the food week for this Saturday-Thursday as then it will help me cope with food on the wedding. :)

Just weighed myself and I am officially overweight and no longer obese!!!! Yay!

Well done Arya!

That's fantastic news! You're really getting on through those pounds!

Thanks Sheridan! Though according to my ticker, I'm still obese :mad:

That's great news Arya. well done.

Some people to the food week & some don't so worth having a look at some posts on here. I used to add a day here & there to accommodate the days of my migraine's but often found it difficult to get back on track.

Try it & see how you get on. I think someone just added extra milk on their food week can't remember who it was though. x

Day 11 (and still a 100%)!

Had a banana shake for brekkie and a coffee, bouillon mid morning, forest fruit shake (still not a fan) for lunch and another coffee, spag bol with 2 dry fried cloves of garlic, chives, basil and Tabasco for lunch (loved the garlicky taste of it)! Now having my 1/3 of dr pepper zero in front of TV.

TOTM started and feeling crampy, tired and irritable. Had a difficult conversation with hubby who finally coughed up that he's unhappy at work and doesn't feel like he's coping. Worried about that :sigh: and hence I was soooo close to chucking the diet and stuffing my face. But I dug into the wardrobe and tried on a tonne of clothes, some of which finally fit or fit much better, instead. It help me get back in the zone, at least for now. It's all about these little coping strategies... Onwards and downwards!

Have a nice evening, everyone. X

Awe bless you've had a bloomin awful day. You must feel so good staying 100% though. Well done you. That's a great strategy, trying on the clothes. I will try that. Thanks :) xx

Well done on getting through a difficult day, great news about the smaller clothes, you're doing so well - and your stats show you at overweight and they are what matters - congratulations on being overweight :D xx

Day 12, still 100%.

Had maple syrup pancakes and coffee for breakfast after making a mountain of regular ones for hubby and Olivia. Le sigh... They made a nice change from shakes, but the regular ones smelt (and most probably tasted) so much nicer... Had quite a busy day today as we took our baby to a live show, so I only managed half a chocolate shake for lunch and another coffee. I did, though, have a cup of bouillon at 11.00. When we finally got home from the show, I was starving so had shepherds pie with garlic, Tabasco, chives and two mushrooms, and I must admit, it still tasted vile... I need to get rid of the rest of these, I cannot see myself eating this vile meal ever again!!! Thank God for garlic and Tabasco! I just had half a vanilla shake and I really liked it. I think I might be a shake girl :)

I must be brewing a bit of a migraine and so feel a bit 'dull'. I hope I can nip it in the bud with loads of water, migraines are really crippling... Hope everyone's day has been lovely.x

Hope its not a migraine Arya, they really are nasty things ( I get them every 2-3 week & they so difficult to handle ).

Haven't tried the Pancakes yet, need to use up the packs that I have first. xx

Hope you're feeling okay this morning, I've never tried the pancakes or the eggs....or basically anything that you have to cook :)

You really are doing well keep at it x

Day 13. I can't believe I have been on this diet for nearly two weeks! Still 100%!

The migraine I suspected yesterday never really materialised, though I had a dull headache for most of the morning. It has been a difficult day, food wise... I started with a banana shake and a coffee and then hubby, baby and I walked to Asda to pick up a few bits. Shopping for food did not bother me, but when we got home hubbs made himself a bacon and blue cheese sandwich and I nearly died... So I had another coffee and half vanilla shake instead :) I really craved food today - both husband and I love food and he's constantly munching on something... I nearly caved again when he proceeded to finish his lunch with a bowl of strawberries and cream... But I didn't! Dinner was 'jazzed up' chilli and I really did not enjoy it. Just wanted some 'normal' food today.

I am getting a little tired of these (as someone on FB put it) 'space cadets meals with SMA'. I am not throwing in the towel, but also can't wait for the food week! I also ordered some salted caramel bars from the saints&slimmers site as I can't see myself eating many of the meals. I'm ok with shakes on their own.

I'm also feeling really fat and frumpy today... TOTM possibly plays a part... Hope everyone's day has been better than mine.x

Back