Asda chick pea dahl anyone?

I like mine with Batchelors mild curry rice - syn free on EE and Green Day.

Chic Pea Dahl

Gals and guys .. what do you do with chickpea dahl?

Is it free on all the plans?

Eat it!

ASDA canned chick pea dhal is free on green/EE and is lovely! (you could also make your own for free I guess, but tinned is soooo easy at lunch.

I have it:
In a jacket potato
With rice (like a curry) topped with chopped coriander and a dollop of fat free yogurt
On it's own in a bowl when I just can't be bothered to make lunch (great to microwave in work)

xxx

I finally tried it for the first time the other day and i really liked it,i had mine with rice it was really nice.I've just seen cocktails post and im going to have it in a jacket potato:).

i mixed mine with some passata and onions and then mixed it into some pasta - add some sweetcorn, mushrooms and peppers and you have the most filling tomato curry pasta EVER!!!! :D

Its a great meal cos its very good for you and you can reheat the next day if you make extras.

I had it on toast last night, cos I was starving and couldn't wait for the rice to cook. It was just as nice :D

ASDA canned chick pea dhal is free on green/EE and is lovely! (you could also make your own for free I guess, but tinned is soooo easy at lunch.

I have it:
In a jacket potato
With rice (like a curry) topped with chopped coriander and a dollop of fat free yogurt
On it's own in a bowl when I just can't be bothered to make lunch (great to microwave in work)

xxx

I'm so glad you said the Asda one is free on EE, I've been searching for ages to find the syn value!

Thank you!

Thanks everyone thats really helpful. I have to take something along to class tomorrow night that is a new discovery and free or with whatever syn value it has. I've got Ainsley Harriets new mexican rice and a tin of chickpea dahl. Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Why do I volunteer for these things lol.

mmmmm Chickpea Dahl Loaf.
A tin of Asda's chickpea dahl, a pack of mild curry rice, mix it all together and bind with a couple of eggs. Whack in a loaf tin and bake until golden. Serve hot or cold for a scrummy treat ♥

Mmm lovely, do you cook the rice before you mix it with the dahl? Thanks

I just had it on it's own for lunch. Very nom!

Sometimes, Carole, and sometimes I just sock it for a few mins and then whack it all in together. The rice doesn't totally cook that way, but it makes it seem quite nutty, and I like it both ways. If making it for anyone else I usually do make the rice up according to directions first x

I just had some over a jacket potato.

Threw the rest in my vegetable soup, so I now have spicy chickpea soup for tomorrow.

Back