aspirin mask/scrub

Discussion in 'Nutrition, Health & Beauty' started by lollycakes, 26 July 2009 Social URL.

1. lollycakes

lollycakes Full Member

Diet:
    Atkins
    anyone tried this? it's basically 2-3 aspirins dissolved in a couple of drops of water, and you can mix it with honey or plain yogurt or aloevera gel or something, and then you use it as a face mask/scrub. its one of the best things i've ever used, my skin is so much smoother and brighter than it was before.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Iris

Iris Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st6lb
    Current Weight:
    8st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st8lb
    Lost(%):
    7st11lb(47.39%)
    Diet:
    Calorie counting (also known as relentless self-denial)
    Intriguing idea! I think I read about it somewhere, but I've never given it a try. Do you reckon it would work with any type of painkillers I've got knocking around in the meds cabinet?

My one lone foray into homemade beauty remedies kind of ended in disaster so I've been wary ever since! I once mashed up an avocado and applied it to my hair... and oh my god, what a nightmare. After approximately a dozen desperate washings I still looked like a grease-slicked rat and I was picking bits of avocado out of my mop for days!!

4. lollycakes

lollycakes Full Member

Diet:
    Atkins
    Hahah!

Nah, it only works with aspirin because they contain salicylic acid whereas other painkillers such as paracetamol don't. I'd definitely suggest giving the aspirin thing a go (13p for a pack of 16 in Tesco) but definitely do a patch test first, just to make sure you don't react to it. :)

5. Tyraboots

Tyraboots Full Member

Start Weight:
    24st4lb
    Current Weight:
    22st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4lb(9.41%)
    Diet:
    Re feeding diet
    Do you ingest the asprin through the skin?

6. JennyPiccolo

JennyPiccolo Full Member

You probably ingest a small amount, but i wouldn't worry, it wouldn't do you any harm.

One of my mates did this and said it was great, i should give it a go.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.