At goal & now beyond... 5:2 officially rocks!

Got my 100lb loss back, honestly thought that would be next week. I'm amazed 5lbs this week which is 10.6lb since I started last Monday.... I'm gobsmacked but happy happy happy....

Attachments

• image-2213987649.jpg
    image-2213987649.jpg
    473.8 KB · Views: 157
Thanks, if I'm honest I'm too scared I'd lose control if I didn't count & I am so desperate to get back to my lowest weight of 11:7 I daren't eat whatever I want although I know that's maybe the idea.
Oh I have to count all my days! Tried not to but then I just tend to eat junk. I probably work my calories a bit differently from everyone else but four and a half months in and 3 stone gone...it's working!. I try not to panic when I see what other people eat on their non fast days as it makes me feel greedy, but there was some science behind my decision and reasoning, so just go with it. Well done on a fabulous loss today, fasting must suit you too! :D

Oh I have to count all my days! Tried not to but then I just tend to eat junk. I probably work my calories a bit differently from everyone else but four and a half months in and 3 stone gone...it's working!. I try not to panic when I see what other people eat on their non fast days as it makes me feel greedy, but there was some science behind my decision and reasoning, so just go with it. Well done on a fabulous loss today, fasting must suit you too! :D

I think you need to do what works for you & clearly this does xx

Found your new diary! (I'm a bit slow on the uptake) Here to subscribe :) Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Lol!

Think I'm going to do 5:2 this week & see if I can lose 1.5lb & if I can then I'll probably stick with that as 3 fasts is hard some weeks. I know my losses will slow down now, there's no way they can stay at this level so I'm happy as long as they're going down steadily!

HELP!!! Ok first freak out. I've weighed in after an up day & the scales are up 0.8lb from yesterday & that's the first time it's happened is that normal? Up to now I've lost or stayed the same. It's now freaking me out about planning to 5:2 this week....

HELP!!! Ok first freak out. I've weighed in after an up day & the scales are up 0.8lb from yesterday & that's the first time it's happened is that normal? Up to now I've lost or stayed the same. It's now freaking me out about planning to 5:2 this week....

You have had a really good loss this week. Enjoy it hun. X

Thanks ladies I just didn't like seeing it higher. Not fasting until Monday now but am in control ok I think ;)

UD is around 1450 cals & I've burnt a fair bit off. I'm absolutely shattered & off to cinema tonight. Really want my bed lol

Attachments

• image-4290345868.jpg
    image-4290345868.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 146
Really struggling with stressing tonight. I'm 1lb heavier than last night which suggests tomorrow morning I'll be almost 2lb heavier than official weigh in & feel like I need to fast tomorrow even though i said I was only gonna do 2 a week

The one drawback of fasting is the scale bouncing around. I used to weigh daily ( several times) and now I just weigh in on "official" weigh day. It is just fluid and food weight. To put on 2 actual pounds you would need to have eaten thousands of extra calories above your tdee...and you haven't. It is hard not to panic but for fasting to work and keep working and for it to be healthy and sustainable you do need to have plenty of UDs where your body gets the calories it needs...that's why it is happy to burn fat and you lose weight on fast days. It means taking a leap of faith and putting up with the bounces or avoiding scales till weigh in day x

The one drawback of fasting is the scale bouncing around. I used to weigh daily ( several times) and now I just weigh in on "official" weigh day. It is just fluid and food weight. To put on 2 actual pounds you would need to have eaten thousands of extra calories above your tdee...and you haven't. It is hard not to panic but for fasting to work and keep working and for it to be healthy and sustainable you do need to have plenty of UDs where your body gets the calories it needs...that's why it is happy to burn fat and you lose weight on fast days. It means taking a leap of faith and putting up with the bounces or avoiding scales till weigh in day x

Thank you so much Ali that has really helped I guess cos up to now it hadn't gone up after up days I panicked when I saw it. I'm not doing another fast day I'm doing what I said & just doing 2 this week which will be Monday & Wednesday & will try not to weigh today. You're right I know 2lbs is the equivalent of eating 7000 excess calories & even for the fat girl inside me I couldn't do that ;)

It's my sons birthday party today 30 kids to run around after so I reckon i will be burning stress calories & a lot of them!!!!!

What Ali said ^^^ Of course the scales will bounce around because your calorie intake is bouncing around from day to day. I have an app called "Happy scales" where you input your weight daily but it works on the general trend, not the actual weight. Might be useful if you want to weigh daily. Have a great party, hope there's something with bubbles chilling for after....

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

What Ali said ^^^ Of course the scales will bounce around because your calorie intake is bouncing around from day to day. I have an app called "Happy scales" where you input your weight daily but it works on the general trend, not the actual weight. Might be useful if you want to weigh daily. Have a great party, hope there's something with bubbles chilling for after.... Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

I have that but I don't get it if I'm honest x

Its stressful but we all keep doing the daily weigh thing. If I don't do it though I panic, I need to know what's going on incase I have to do something drastic to get it back off again. Oh the joys of being a chubby woman. Blah

This is what I needed to read too. Thanks Ali.

Lexie stop stressing my love. Says me who does the same haha. We need to stop weighing daily. Can we both not weigh till our next official weigh day ?!!

Sent from my GT-I8190 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Back