At the start of a long road

well, all in all, yesterday was very high in syns but I shouldn't have any problem using no or very few syns today, I'm at home all day and have plenty of free food options. It's strange but on the way home last night after that lovely meal I had to BATTLE with myself not to pull through the mcdonalds drive through...I was craving chicken selects and I had a good old inner tousle with myself. I knew I had blown my daily syn allowance and a huge part of me was saying 'you've blown it today anyway, why not enjoy a binge while you're at it?' and 'you've read somewhere that chicken selects are only(!) 15 syns, you can have them and make it up later in the week'. I knew I didn't want to do it and that it really wouldn't be worth it, it was touch and go all the way home (there are 3 different McD's to contend with between us, none of them on a direct route thankfully!). I mentally went through all things I could eat when I got home and finally when I thought of crackerbreads that worked....for some reason they would fulfill the chicken selects craving! Not syn free, granted, but certainly a better choice.
I think moderation is the hardest thing for me, it is way easier for me to stick rigidly to the diet...sorry...plan? than it is for me to have a little treat. I have rarely used my points for sweets/crisps for this reason....I don't want one bag of crisps or one biscuit or one chocolate bar....I want a whole carrier bag full of junky goodness.
I hope everyone is having a lovely weekend and managing to stay dry through all the torrential showers!

Day 24 - Sunday 19th June

Breakfast - leftover pasta bolognese (quorn one from friday)

Lunch - hummous (chickpeas, garlic, quark, lemon juice, salt, pepper, paprika) with crackerbread

Dinner - diet coke quorn (coke zero, tinned toms, red pepper, mushrooms, onion, beef style quorn pieces)with golden savoury rice

Snacks - onken mango + apple ff yoghurt, fibre plus

HexA - 250 ml semi skimmed milk
HexB - 6 wholemeal crackerbread

Syns - fibre plus bar 6

Total Syns - 6

Day 25 - Monday 20th June

Breakfast - banana

Lunch - tuna + lettuce with 0% total, apple

Dinner - leftover quorn dish from last night

Snacks - chicken mugshot, toast + frylighted eggs, alpen light

HexA - 250ml semi skimmed milk (doubt I used it all, must start measuring again)
HexB - 2 slices hovis

Syns - alpen light 3

Total Syns - 3

Body Magic - 45 mins aquarobics + 10 mins swimming

I've just come back from my first zumba class, it was lots of fun but I am expecting to ACHE tomorrow! I went to one run by a rosemary conley consultant and she said it was strictly zumba gold but not full blown 'manic' zumba either. After the first song I was thinking 'what on earth am I doing here?' and 'how much longer is this going on?' but then I started getting more into it. We had a break to glug water between each song and that was what got me through, without a doubt! I would recommend it to anyone who is hesitating :D

Day 26 - Tuesday 21st June

Breakfast - banana, apple

Lunch - leftover quorn pasta bolognese

Dinner - spinach + quark stuffed pasta shells in tomato sauce, salmon

Snacks - pineapple, supernoodles

HexA - 250ml 1% milk
HexB - Bear Granola Nibbles (btw - yum!)

Syns - none

Total Syns - 0

Body Magic - 45 minutes zumba

Haven't braved an actual zumba class personally only on the wii! Just wanted to say I get that feeling of - well I've gone over my syns well why don't I just have everything. Someone wrote on a message board about blow outs and how her very skinny friend could eat more that her but that the next day she went back into the healthy eating- it's going to be a struggle at first to get out of the old mentality but it really struck me when I read that. I had a really good weigh in last week and really struggled after that to stay within my points- go figure that's why the boards are so useful I treat it almost as a confessional!! Well done though for resisting the Macdonalds xx

I had a really good weigh in last week and really struggled after that to stay within my points- go figure that's why the boards are so useful I treat it almost as a confessional!! Well done though for resisting the Macdonalds xx

these boards are great, just the fact of writing on here everything I eat means that I have to be accountable for it. A big motivator for not getting the mcdonalds was not wanting to come on here and say I'd had it! I even considered having it and then not mentioning it on here but thankfully I realised that would only be cheating myself.
I am so glad I am doing SW at the moment. On the way home from zumba last night I was thinking that if I didn't have a weekly weigh in I definitely would have had mcdonalds on the way home and I would have justified it by thinking I had burned all those calories off in the class :eek:
Well done for you loss last week :D xxx

Day 27 - Wednesday 22nd June

Breakfast - banana, apple

Lunch - leftover spinach stuffed pasta with tomato sauce, ff blueberry yoghurt

Dinner - cucumber, tomato, spring onion + lettuce with fake blue cheese dressing. Baked potatoe + baked beans. Pineapple

Snacks - bear nibbles

HexA - 150ml 1% milk + 2 laughing cow light deli squares, blue cheese flavour
HexB - Bear nibbles

Syns - none

Total Syns - 0

fingers crossed for at least 1.5lbs off tomorrow evening so that I can get my stone award. I am happy with how I have done this week, if anything I am a little concerned that I haven't many syns (if any) each day since sunday but on the other hand, I haven't been depriving myself of anything, I have simply been full and not needed any for my meals. Hopefully getting started with some body magic will also help shift the pounds, I am planning on swimming before work tomorrow, I just need to get myself out of bed half an hour earlier - the gym opens at 6.30 and as long as I am there as soon as the doors open then I can manage a decent 45 minutes before work. I used to do this quite a lot a couple of years ago, it's just about getting into the pattern of going. Luckily, even though I am a seriously lazy person, I do love swimming! Good night and sweet dreams xx

I'm sure the results will show you seem really motivated well done xx

oh dear, I am NOT a happy bunny, I only lost 1lb :(

you guys can see exactly what I have been doing, any advice as to where I am going wrong? even my C can see that I should be losing more than a pound in a week. I know you need to look at the bigger picture and that 13.5 lbs over 4 weeks is good but I had way bigger losses on weight watchers.

I have just consoled myself with fish, chips, mushy peas and chocolate, I know that's not going to help things but I have been bloody good this week :mad:

Day 28 - Thursday 23rd June

Breakfast - 2 alpen light, grapes

Lunch - yoghurt, banana, apple, grapes

Dinner - fish, chips, mushy peas

Snacks - mint poppets, revels

HexA - Milk in tea/coffee
HexB - 2 alpen light

Syns - fish 15, chips 17.5, poppets 9, revels 8.5

Total Syns - 51

oh, and while I am having a moan and groan......it really pees me off that you can't record half pounds on here :rant2:hurrumph!

The results will show on the scales and 1lb loss is definately better than a gain and with this plan the results will hopefully last- also done ww and gained it all back on!. be proud of your achievements xx well done

The results will show on the scales and 1lb loss is definately better than a gain and with this plan the results will hopefully last- also done ww and gained it all back on!. be proud of your achievements xx well done

well, I suppose that IS true, I lost more and faster with ww but where did it get me? I was half a stone heavier when I started sw than when I originally started ww!
thank you xxx

Day 29 - Friday 24th June

Breakfast - 2 scan bran with 1 dairylea light and 2 boiled eggs

Lunch - 3 scan bran with 3 dairylea light, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, yellow pepper and grapes

Dinner - leftover spinach, quark + tomato salad

Snacks - deluxe hifi, mikados, mugshot, banana, apple

HexA - dairylea light 4/5
HexB - 5 scanbran

Syns - deluxe hifi 6, mikados 4

Total Syns - 10

Ok, my mission this week is to stick between 10-20 syns per day but still within 105 for the week. The only similarities I can see between weeks 2 (half a pound loss) and week 4 (one pound loss) is that I had days where I went a lot over and days where I was way under or used none. Maybe my body just doesn't cope well with up and down so I will do my damndest to make this week steady and to make sure I do always meet my minimum target of 10 syns.

I am also going to have 2 scan bran days, I had my first experience with them yesterday and when I nibbled my first corner the only thing I could think to describe it as was hamster bedding! However, with the right toppings and plenty of liquid they aren't too bad. I had always imagined they would be kind of a hardcore ryvita and I love ryvita but noooo, they are in their own league!

I am on a course today and tomorrow and need to take a packed lunch so I have treated myself to wholemeal pita, I am going to stuff it with morocan chicken, humous, spicy tomato and cucumber salad and lettuce. The fillings are all syn free and I am going to be a rebel and call the pita my HexB (don't call the sw police on me please!).

Speaking of the police, I had to give a statement to a rather dishy policeman on Thursday evening - my address has shown up in an investigation and he just needed a statement from me to say that it had been fraudulently used. Anyway, the important part was the dishyness, tall and strapping, mmmm, and I happen to have been told by one of his colleagues that he does a 7 mile run home from work so he must have good stamina :whistle:

sorry about that, just felt the need to share! :p

Back