At the start of a long road

lovetosew said:
What a miserable day! I'm happy I don't have to go out anywhere today, it's very rainy and windy here. I've just finished a tesco order to be delivered tomorrow and I have a tomato, feta and onion crustless quiche in the oven. Actually I suppose it is more of a baked frittata because it only has egg to bind it. I am really looking forward to it so I hope it is nice. I haven't eaten or drunk (I know, naughty, just don't fancy anything) yet today so I will enjoy it with a cup of tea.

Not really into eggs much but since I started this plan I've started to crave them. I'm gonna make the SW quiche tomorrow (which does look like a frittata I agree) and take it with me to weigh in on Tuesday to eat after my visit to the scales but before my exercise class.

You should really try and drink more fluid love, it will stop you retaining :) xxx

You should really try and drink more fluid love, it will stop you retaining :) xxx

you are right and when I read this I went and got myself a big bottle of water out of the fridge and drank at least half of it over the following hour. I am usually very good about drinking!

Day 17 - Sunday 12th June

Breakfast - nothing

Lunch - baked fritata using 3 eggs, feta, tomato, onion

Dinner - Veggie stir fry - bean sprouts, mushrooms, sugar snap peas, baby corn, boiled egg noodles

Snacks - pineapple, fibre plus, mikados

HexA - 42g Feta
HexB - fibre plus bar

Syns - 20 mikados 10, milk in tea 3

Total syns - 13

Good Luck for tomorrow lovetosew xxxxx :) Lisa

Thanks Lisa! So sweet of you to remember! Unfortunately the interview has been cancelled :( Not sure what the hell is going on but I am working on finding out and trying not to get too hung up about it! xxx

Day 18 - Monday 13th June

Breakfast - apple

Lunch - leftover chow mein, salmon fillet + muller light

Dinner - sushi :D first attempt at making my own + yummy!

Snacks - onken ff yoghurt, alpen lights, chicken mugshot

HexA - 250ml semi skimmed milk
HexB - 2 x alpen light

Syns - options sachet 2, alpen lights x 2 - 6

Total Syns - 8

Last edited:
Day 19 - Tuesday 14th June

Breakfast - banana

Lunch - leftover sushi, nectarine, peach activia snackpot

Dinner - quorn sausages, baked beans, tinned tomatoes, toast

Snacks - banana, strawberries, nectarine

HexA - ? :(
HexB - 2 slices weight watchers bread

Syns - chocolate 4.5, peach activia snackpot 0.5

Total Syns - 5

Day 20 - Wednesday 15th June

Breakfast - apple

Lunch - chilli chicken low fat super noodles, nectarine, banana

Dinner - asda chickpea dahl, tilda brown basmati, asda bombay potatoes, 2 tablespoons 0% total

Snack - fibre plus, strawberries, grapes, strawberry onken ff yoghurt

HexB - fibre plus bar

Syns - half a packet of rice 1.5, half a tin of bombay potatoes 4.5

Total Syns - 6

weigh in day again and I am feeling quite down about it, I have stuck rigidly to plan all week but I don't feel as if I have lost any weight and after last week I have lost faith. I really don't mean to suggest that losing half a pound is nothing because I know that it is a healthy amount to lose in a week but I know that I have lost larger amounts using other sensible diets e.g. ww. I am going to write out a food diary sheet for the week so if I don't lose much this week I can give it to my C. Maybe I need to start doing green days? Red days seem to be the best for losses but as you can see I don't eat much meat so I don't know whether they would be realistic for me. I would feel so much better if I could do a damn poo - I always get constipated and feel super bloated on weigh in day. Oh well weigh in is still 13 hours away so I suppose I am being a bit preemptive in my negativity! I hope everyone else is having a good week :)

That's the little secrets to slimming down that most of us don't know. It's all about been consistent with whatever we get involved in,aimed at shedding that silly weight.In other words the point i am trying to emphaisize here is that remain consistent okay?

That's the little secrets to slimming down that most of us don't know. It's all about been consistent with whatever we get involved in,aimed at shedding that silly weight.In other words the point i am trying to emphaisize here is that remain consistent okay?

Good morning Charles, thank you, that does seem like very good advice indeed! I needed to think about that because I know I am eating healthily, when I compare some of my choices to what I would have selected had I not been on sw sometimes I am staggered at the difference.

Weigh in this evening and I lost 3.5lbs. I am quite happy with that, it hasn't completely made up for last week but I know I am being a bit mean to feel bad that I didn't lose more. I had to go straight from weigh in to another meeting so my only chance to eat was en route and I decided to treat myself to a McDonald's. I've just worked out the syns and let me tell you....it so wasn't worth it! Oh well....I've just gone over the past week and counted up that including today I have 43.5 syns left over. The McDonald's cost me 45.5 so I am not going to beat myself up about it, I can easily forfeit two of tomorrow's syns.
I was also Slimmer of the Week so I came home with a big bag full of fruit to munch this week.
I am off to down a couple of glasses of water, I get the feeling I am going to wake up with an icky McDonald's hangover!

Day 21 - Thursday 16th June

Breakfast - Baked beans, tinned tomatoes, toast

Lunch - muller light, banana, apple

Dinner - McDonald's

Snacks - cherries, grapes

HexB - 2 slices hovis

Syns - double cheeseburger 22, small fries 8.5, chicken and spiced onion snackwrap 15

Total syns - 45.5

lovetosew said:
Weigh in this evening and I lost 3.5lbs. I am quite happy with that, it hasn't completely made up for last week but I know I am being a bit mean to feel bad that I didn't lose more. I had to go straight from weigh in to another meeting so my only chance to eat was en route and I decided to treat myself to a McDonald's. I've just worked out the syns and let me tell you....it so wasn't worth it! Oh well....I've just gone over the past week and counted up that including today I have 43.5 syns left over. The McDonald's cost me 45.5 so I am not going to beat myself up about it, I can easily forfeit two of tomorrow's syns.
I was also Slimmer of the Week so I came home with a big bag full of fruit to munch this week.
I am off to down a couple of glasses of water, I get the feeling I am going to wake up with an icky McDonald's hangover!

I agree Maccy D's is sooo not worth it!
But losing 3.5 lbs is brilliant :D AND Slimmer of The Week :D keep chugging along, it's not a sprint but a walk xxxxxx Lisa :)

I agree Maccy D's is sooo not worth it!
But losing 3.5 lbs is brilliant :D AND Slimmer of The Week :D keep chugging along, it's not a sprint but a walk xxxxxx Lisa :)

thanks! Oh well, it just had to be done and now it is over! I haven't eaten ANYTHING yet today - I'm not trying to starve myself - I had a job interview today and was too angsty to eat before I left and have only just got back! Obviously I am not hungry enough to eat before checking e-mail and coming on here....will go and find something now though :D

Well done on your losses you should feel very proud so as an average you've lost 2lbs each week which is brill- hope your interview went well x

Well done on your losses you should feel very proud so as an average you've lost 2lbs each week which is brill- hope your interview went well x

thank you! :D I am happy (it's actually 4lbs a week, 12.5lbs total over 3 weeks)

The interview went really well, I was offered the job and accepted, all I need now is the formal written offer and I will be celebrating :553:

Day 22 - Friday 17th June

Breakfast - none

Lunch - bombay potatoes, brown rice, 0% total

Dinner - pasta, quorn bolognese with mushroom, green pepper + onion. Grapes + cherries.

HexA - milk in coffee while at interview so not measured but definitely under allowance
HexB - butterscotch hifi + alpen light

Syns - half a tin asda bombay potatoes 4, half a packet tilda brown basmati 1.5, bisto vegetable gravy granules 4

Total Syns - 9.5

Day 23 - Saturday 18th June

Breakfast - frylighted eggs, quorn sausage, mushrooms, toast

Lunch - pineapple, quorn sausages, salad cream

Dinner - 1/2 tortilla (baked into chips), quark dip, new potatoes, pickled cucumber, cucumber, red pepper, boiled egg, salmon, rice salad, cottage cheese, coronation coleslaw, brownie, ice cream, strawberries, blueberries

Snacks - crackerbread

HexA - 125ml semi skimmed milk, 3 laughing cow lights
HexB - 2 slices hovis

Syns - 4 crackerbread 4, 1 tablespoon salad cream 2.5, brownie 12, ice cream 8, coleslaw 2.5, 1/2 tortilla 3.5

Total syns - 32.5

Last edited:
I went over to a friends for dinner last night and had a lovely time. She had fresh home baked brownies made by a mutual friend who is famous for them so I had to try one! I did have a reasonably small piece and a smallish scoop of ice cream.....it was absolutely delicious and completely worth it as a special treat :D

The rest of the meal was pretty harmless, my friend is doing Rosemary Connely so there were lots of good options...ooh, I just remembered I need to add half a tortilla to my food diary. As a starter she chopped wraps into triangles and baked them for tortilla chips and we had them with a dip made out of quark, salt, pepper and garlic granules. It was delicious!

Back