Athena's Diary

Hi all, still here sorry it went a bit quiet in here for a while so I was just updating on my fitness pal! Had a few cheat meals this weekend so getting back into the swing of things this week :)

Full day back on track, totm has struck again, today's meals:

B - Bacon, scrambled egg, mushrooms and coconut oil
L - corned beef, babybel and mayo
D - chicken, red pepper, cheese, mixed leaf salad, cucumber with guacamole
S - 1 40g bar 85% cocoa chocolate

Menu looks yum! x

Hi athena, well done getting back on track - can be tricky!

Struggling to get back on track, have got disheartened after gaining 6lbs back after only a couple of cheat meals so carried on eating rubbish. Planning to start again properly Monday as I have a wedding to attend Saturday which will kick me out of ketosis anyway!

I found it totally disheartening on Atkins when I cheated, you just can't do it, its such an unforgiving diet! A lot of the ladies on here are trying carb cycling, have a read up on it. xx

Done get too discouraged Athena, all plans are pretty much unforgiving after a few weeks. I tend to do calorie counting as my default or carb/calorie cycling may be an option too? x

Thank you both, I will have a read up on the carb cycling, I need to pull some willpower from somewhere!

The reason I come back to vegetarian Atkins every time is ketosis. Or should I say, 'bliss'.

I can't stick to a VLCD for very long - when the food has the upper hand my determination can last a mere few hours. I can't calorie count successfully if I include carbs. Only Atkins/low carbing is sufficiently forgiving whilst allowing me to actually eat. Regular food, too! Miraculous.

But I am human and addicted to sugar and starches so the road is always rockier than I'd like. Stick with it everyone! Good luck and be kind to yourselves x

Back