Atkins bars - emergency use ok?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by NicolaH75, 18 July 2008 Social URL.

1. NicolaH75

NicolaH75 Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st3lb
    Current Weight:
    15st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st2lb
    Lost(%):
    3st12lb(20.07%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hiya

I was just wondering if you guys think it would be ok to get a couple of Atkins bars to keep me going over the weekend??

I cant get any CD bars until sunday night & really need some chocolate to keep me going!!

The weekend is the worst time for me & I dunno if I'll be able to stick to it without a couple of bars to nibble on? What do you think?? x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. amethyst

amethyst Banned

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    17st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(3.17%)
    Diet:
    CD
    hey hun, me personally used to have the odd atkins bar when needed, they are less carbs than cd's BUT more calories, dont abuse them! (i did and i suffered :( )

4. missmf

missmf getting slimmer

Diet:
    cambridge, sole source. (trying!)
    ohh,,,dont know soz hun, hopefully a cdc will be along soon - could you ring yours?? x

5. CW Consultant

CW Consultant Gold Member

Hi

You cannot substitute a CD bar for an Atkins bar you would not be nutritionally complete for the day.

See if you can contact your CDC to get a couple of bars.

6. NicolaH75

NicolaH75 Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st3lb
    Current Weight:
    15st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st2lb
    Lost(%):
    3st12lb(20.07%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I can't get any bars until sunday night which is why i was asking the question!

7. Springador

Springador Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st2lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(4.59%)
    Diet:
    CD
    Why dont you freeze a choc tetra and eat your way through it with a spoon, it takes ages and will take away the urge for bars.

8. NicolaH75

NicolaH75 Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st3lb
    Current Weight:
    15st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st2lb
    Lost(%):
    3st12lb(20.07%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks Springador

But it's not the same as actually being able to chew something with real chocolate... I usually cut my bars into bitesize chunks & freeze them so that when I get the urge to eat something I can.

Usually only 2/3 bits per day - so not even half a bar but it helps satisfy my chocolate cravings & stops me reaching for the chocolate hob-nobs! Lol x

9. karenO

karenO Step away from the chips!

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Have you tried making a bar of chocolate from a choc shake pack? I did it yesterday and it was absolutely bloody gorgeous lol.

Just mix it into a thick paste, spread it out into a bar shape on a piece of baking paper and pop into the freezer for about an hour/hour and a half. Really is delicious, like a bar of chocolatey fudge :D

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.