atkins diet weight loss v's CD...

cambridge*diet*08

Silver Member
would you lose more weight following a strict atkins diet???

for example 20g of carbs a day instead of 40+g grams with 3 shakes/soups?

i only ask as i am thinking of having a week off CD but not out of ketosis but dont want to gain.
i have completed 12 weeks of ss with no aamw and am thinking 'when will i eat again'...

still got a stone and a half to lose so dont want to mess this up.

was considering a strict atkins for my week 13 and began thinking that i might lose more weight as a lot less carbs could mean faster weight loss!

week 13 may not be as unlucky as it sounds lol...

any comments welcome, good or bad!!!

Hi Keeley,
Sorry I can't help you but i'm glad you posted this. I've got probably another 3 months left to go on CD, but as this takes me into Summer I was looking into the possibility of doing atkins at some point, so I don't miss too many of those yummy BBQ's. :D
I'll be interested to see the answer to this.

i love the atkins diet and am determind to stick to it properly when i decide to end CD for good.

like you i too love a good summer bbq and its nice to be able to eat and not feel guilty.

i do feel guilty for wanting to finish CD and dont want to look like a failure BUT i would like to eat again!!!!!

You are no way a failure. Look how much weight you've lost & how quickly.
I'd be sooo chuffed if I could lose it as quickly as you.

thanks Liz but i know what my other half will say if i even mention wanting to switch...

after 2 months on this diet i mentioned how i missed eating and he happened to say 'you always give up when you are doing so well'... this so far has been a deterrant for ending CD but when will i ever be able to say i have had enough without the fear of people being disappointed in me!

aaarrgghhhh.... what to do????

You can't be expected to be on CD forever. I know what i'd tell him to do. ;)

lol Liz... no one else seems interested in our bbq love!

have spoken to OH and he says go for it, do it for a week and see how it goes...

he even said you may lose more on atkins and want to stick with that instead!

soooo i shall see how i feel in the morning and decide whether or not to take a week off ss and do a week of induction atkins (>20g carbs).

watch this space, will week 13 be lucky or not!!!!

Shhhh !! I have to admit I have had the odd atkins style cheat and so far stayed in ketosis. I know my weight loss hass not been fatastic to date but feel that is probably due to the rather large quantities of alcohol i drank on my weekend away :jelous::eek:;)

your secret is safe with us Aly! (fab user name btw)

you sure can have mayo... full fat though! no low fat/ww style is allowed

i did see garlic mayo in tesco's dips section the other day and almost began drooling!

i used to have sliced chick breasts and mayo for lunch every day... mm mm mm

this time round i will def need to be more disciplined and not start nibbling on non-atkins foods.

ive got too much to lose by cheating now, i really want to get to goal and NEVER get to 11/12/13/14 stone something ever again!!!!

Cheers...I plan to lose the first couple of stone on this VLCD before moving over to the Atkins.
I think I may have said goodbye to bread/potatos/sugar/wheat/rice etc for good....maybe once or twice a year I may have the odd bit of choccy (special occasions only lol).

i know what you guys mean. I'm on week 11 and since week 7 i'm supposed to be SS but more like 790. I am really really needing to eat now. Fine at work but at home all i seem to think about is eating! I'm fighting with myself over what is more important food or being thin...not sure which is winning!! My daughter has just taken a packet of hula hoops off me before i had too many.....

Have read this thread with interest. My initial target weight is 13st (i have 5st to lose to get there though, oh no i dont its "only" 4 now lol). My plan is to get to 13st with CD (or maybe 12 depending on how things go) then switch to Atkins to get down to my ideal weight of 10st. Although i'm doing well, i'd be a liar if i said i dont miss meat. I'm also regretting that my last proper meal before starting CD was cheese & onion quiche & salad instead of a yummy chop or a steak or some roast chicken lol

omg stop it guys your all making me drool..

but i do wonder if the weight loss will be the same?

when i did atkins before yes i lost weight but i also cheated alot.. this time obviousley i wont cheat cus i want weight loss more now than i did before..

so whats you all saying then? lol

Oooooh, you guys got me thinking....

As you can see my BMI Goal is far to low, mor of a maximum amount. I know I definitely need to lose about 2 more stone but then.... Atkins... hmmmm

Its the mayo and steak that are swinging it :)

Hi, I do a low carb diet now to lose weight. Like anything else, works if you stick to it!

I do 20g carb and 800-1000 cals and I lose about the same as I did on the original 790 plan of around 3lbs a week.

I do go into ketosis and I use some low carb products for variety but not when I'm trying to get into ketosis.

My menu is on my diary I think, if not I can post here.

When i do aam i always try to go Atkins. I have lost more than my ticker says but i don't know how much as I am not weighing, just going off looser clothes. Eating food other than fish, meat, etc. makes me want to eat more so i try to stick to just the protein...............and cabbage which i could live on.

Back