Atkins with one eye on the calories!

Sounds like a plan. Well done sweet.

'tis indeed a good plan Laura.

LOL, ah well, no need to think further than you have to love. Although I used to be obsessive about planning next weeks meals.

Plans? What are plans?!

No count yesterday but I think it was pretty good:
  • Breakfast: salami, cheese and cherry tomatoes
  • Lunch: prawns & feta cheese salad
  • Dinner: gluten free sausages, poached egg and salad with roasted veg
  • Snacks: milk in tea, cheese & Atkins bar

Went to the gym again too, and put all my weights up! :D

I'm starting to wonder if my weight loss might stop as I am gaining muscle - must remember to focus on the tape measure too so I don't get disheartened if that happens!

There is a guy in the gym who is basically physical perfection - unbelievable muscles, no fat on him... Obviously as a woman I don't want to look like that, but it did kind of inspire me to think, if you put your mind to it you can look how you want to. It's getting difficult as 11lbs down people are already starting to say "you look fine, you're slim enough" etc - but I'm going to keep at it for another few weeks I think.

Hey there Hooya, I think it's up to you and how you feel and etc.. is when you should stop. people will always make comments but it's how you feel with your new body and etc.. :D

Also you will gain more muscle working out which meand you will get heavier as muscle is heavier than fat but also you'll lose inches. Considering I was very active with sports and running and etc.. I liked have the muscles and I still looked liked a woman. I still have some muscle mass now..

You are so close now hooya, well done love.

Thanks Jim - yes I can feel it getting closer now! 8lbs, maybe more or less depending how I'm looking!

I've started to think about maintenance and how I want to do it... decided that bread and pasta will have to be a once-per-month thing, if at all. I'm feeling too much better to let it go for the sake of sandwiches!

Hooya I'm so happy for you that you are 8 lbs away from goal weight. I'm already thinking about maintence and I have almost 23 pounds to lose... I messed up last time not preparing for maintence but this time I will be ahead of the game..

Choose a maintence that you know you can do for life. Ive looked in the maintence threads and there has been some great posts on there including some from our local VIP Jim :D

I probably don't have bread more than once a week Hoya, and that's always toasted brown wholemeal.

Potato's once in a blue moon, usually as chips if I've been out on a binge.

Pasta very rarely, ditto rice and then it's the brown wild stuff.

Cakes and sweet stuff, never!

Hah, look like we posted at the same time morenachica. Local VIP indeed. LMAO.

Cakes and sweet stuff, never!

Must admit that's the bit that makes me nervous! I think I need to be able to have sweet things sometimes, I was thinking of maybe having them only every few weeks, and only on gym days where I do cardio... I'd like to be able to eat more than I do now, but will need a pretty serious gym regime to avoid putting the weight back on!

hooya I think having the sweets on your workout days is a great idea.. at least you know that you have burned a lot of calories at the gym and maybe have a bigger calorie deficit to be able to eat somthing sweet. they say calories in vs calories out is the key to losing weight..

Yeah, I guess I can always count the cals if I need to.

I've been thinking about really getting my body fat % down and upping my resistance training - but gosh there is so much to think about! Eat every 2-3 hours, have 6 small meals per day, eat protein within 2 hours of training... how am I supposed to remember it all!!?

Hooya that is a lot to remember. I guess once you start doing it, it'll become a routine and easy to remember.

You'll get your body fat percentage down for sure especially if you are working out and etc...

You are so close to your goal and you'll get there...

Ooops, been a couple of days since I posted in here, I'm getting a bit lazy about counting up all my eating! Also out of ketostix so I may not be in ketosis - must buy more!

I'm hitting the gym really hard now, there most days either doing weight training, pilates or cardio (the last one is my least favourite!). It does make it so hard though, if I work 8am to 7pm, then gym til 9pm, then find myself at home having dinner at half 9, knowing I have to go to bed soon and do it all again!! How you folks with children manage is beyond me!!

x

Went to bed hungry yesterday, despite getting through:
  • Breakfast: mozarella and parma ham, raspberries
  • Lunch: 2 chicken legs, cheese & salad
  • Dinner: 2 beefburgers, cheese, fried egg & salad
  • Snacks: pepperami, milk in tea, nuts, cheese
I didn't even go to the gym yesterday, why so hungry? :confused: Anyone any tips on their most filling Atkins foods? :)

Morning Hooya, I just had loads of sausages and chops fried up and ready to eat cold as snacks love.

I think you're right Jim, cheese as a snack isn't really filling me up, I need to be a bit more creative in my snacking!

Love cold sausages... though I always find it difficult not to just eat them straight away LOL!

Back