Atkins with one eye on the calories!

I know love. I don't do it now, but I always fried up a whole pack of sausages at a time, same with lamb chops we buy bulk so there were 10 chops in a pack, I'd fry them up as well and keep them in a plastic tub in the fridge for when the munchies struck late in the evening.

Trying to have a really good low-carb day today!
  • Breakfast: parma ham & mozzarella
  • Lunch: chicken salad
  • Dinner will be: Pork belly & salad (can't WAIT - pork belly, yum!)

Day off the gym today, back tomorrow...

x

I have to cook as I go, cold cooked sausages in the fridge are a temptation, yet hard boiled eggs are not. Sausage & chops are more yummy.

Right, booked a short holiday to Tuscany before I start my new job - means I have 3 weeks to get to goal before I go!

Really, really nervous about weigh-in tomorrow! You know when you just don't feel like you've lost any? :sigh:

x

Aaw thanks folks!

Sadly weigh-in didn't go in the right direction, with a 1lb gain (my first gain), but my "measure-up" did - my thighs are definitely shrinking :D

I suppose with 5 days per week at the gym, 3 of which are weight training, I should expect some kind of muscle gain?

I know that as long as my bottom keeps getting smaller I shouldn't complain, but gosh it is more fun when the scales show a loss too :eek:

Morning all.

Morning!

Was a bit grumpy after weigh-in, but then put my tightest skirt on and it's starting to get loose! And after a tasty breakfast of parma ham and mozarella, I'm all cheered up? :D

Good feeling isn't it love. :D

i read you eating the mozzerella all the time, how o you cook it?

I don't cook it, good mozzarella gets a bit too stringy when you melt it!

Quality slices of cold mozzarella and some tasty salami or ham.... YUM! :D

I love cold good mozzarella. Had some with tea last night. Yum! you've got to get the balls in liquid, not the hard or grated stuff.

Hooya, have you tried getting a nice piece of fish - oven proof dish, tear the mozz into chunks, add a little oil, some herbs and a few halved cherry toms - oven at about 200 for about half an hour - the mozz melts, the fish cooks in the mozz milk and the toms go really sweet. lovely with a green salad!

Ooh sounds yummy! I will tell the other half, I don't cook, he does the lot :D

I agree about the good stuff - I have buffalo mozzarella just now, gorgeous!

We usually have it as part of a tomato salad - alternated slices of mozz and beef tom with a little olive oil, basil and black pepper.

Hope you enjoy the fish dish if you try it. X

Hello!

Cheat-free today - nothing like a disappointing weigh-in to keep me honest :D
  • Breakfast: parma ham & mozzarella: Carbs 0.3, cals 154
  • Lunch: salad, cheese & prawns: Carbs 6.71, cals 412
  • Dinner: sausages & salad: Carbs 4.05, cals 248
  • Snacks: milk in tea, pistachio nuts, salami: carbs 5.4, cals 202
  • TOTAL: Carbs 16.46, cals 1016
xx

Hi all, haven't been in here for a while, things a bit hectic (no excuse I know!!)
Just wondered how everyone is finding the "low cal" Atkins approach. Officially it's not supposed to work but I got back on the Atkins plan and although I can easily sustain my weight I can't seem to lose much even on 25g carb per day. So I wondered if I should try what you guys are doing. Let me know if you think it works and if so, what lower cal items you are eating i.e. cheese?
Thanks
Sue

Hi Suzie, I'm eating loads. Have a look at the "What are we eating" Thread, many of us post our daily menu love.

Hi all, haven't been in here for a while, things a bit hectic (no excuse I know!!)
Just wondered how everyone is finding the "low cal" Atkins approach. Officially it's not supposed to work but I got back on the Atkins plan and although I can easily sustain my weight I can't seem to lose much even on 25g carb per day. So I wondered if I should try what you guys are doing. Let me know if you think it works and if so, what lower cal items you are eating i.e. cheese?
Thanks
Sue

Hi Sue - I'm following an Atkins-based plan of 20g per day of carbs max (i.e. induction level carbs) and limiting to between 1000 and 1500 cals per day. I do this because I would honestly consume too much if I just followed Atkins, and because as my BMI is already quite low, my body is hanging on to its remaining fat stores! I'm also a bit dubious about some (not all) of the science behind ketosis and weight loss, so I don't buy that I could eat loads and still lose!

The good part is, I'm not really eating all the 'rabbit food' or low-fat options I'd usually go for on a calorie controlled diet - I'm mostly just following Atkins but keeping an eye on the calories. So I'm eating plenty of mozzarella, cheddar cheese, salami (my personal favourite), fish, sausages.... it's just that instead of eating the 4 sausages I want, I'll have 2! Looking on the site here I think my eating is pretty similar to everyone elses.

Pure Atkins does seem to work for most people, and I do envy them not having to count up everything, just the carbs!

Hope that helps :)

I eat loads. LOL.

Back