Atkins with one eye on the calories!

LOL Jim!

Yummy food today, here goes:
  • Breakfast the usual mozz & parma ham (Carbs 0.3, cals 154)
  • Lunch: sausages & salad (Carbs 6.44, cals 260)
  • Dinner: tuna steak & salad (Carbs 4.34, cals 389)
  • Snacks: salami, cheese, blackberries, milk in tea (Carbs 6.5, cals 123)
  • TOTAL: Carbs 18.22, cals 1116
Take THAT, flabby bottom! :D

x

LOL, morning hooya, and I bet you don't have a flabby bottie at all love.

He he thanks Jim!

Gosh I am craving sushi today - with all the yummy Japanese rice! :( I've been having one carby meal a week (to prepare me a bit for maintenance, as I do plan to reintroduce a few carbs) but since I didn't lose last week I'm not sure I should have my carby meal this week!

Am trying to go with 5 or 6 small meals today instead of 3 plus snacks... it was quite nice to have my 'first lunch' at 11am! Does mean I seem to spend a lot of time eating though! :D

Wednesday's tasty treats:
  • Breakfast: Atkins bar (carbs 1.9, cals 219)
  • Lunch (1): Tomato & mozzarella salad (carbs 1, cals 130)
  • Lunch (2): Tomato & pepper prawns (carbs 3.4, cals 140)
  • Dinner: Chicken, cauliflower, broccoli & cheese (carbs 6.1, cals 640)
  • Snacks: Brie, brazil nuts (carbs 1, cals 380)
Off to the Proms tomorrow so might enjoy some sushi before it.... hmmm can't decide! :)

Sashimi rules! LOL

hey there. i've been reading through your diary. you are doing so so well!! good luck in getting to goal before your hols :D

abz xx

Thanks Abz!

I'm in a bit of a danger zone at the moment, already well within the healthy BMI, but I'm going for very slim and fit - but it makes it harder the less you have to lose!

Not sure I will make the 9st target as I'm putting on muscle... but we'll see!

if you get to the size you want babes, then the weight doesn't matter. i'd happily weigh 15 stone if i was a size 14 muscular person instead of a size 18 fatty one :D

So true - most athletes have an 'obese' BMI because of their muscles - but I wouldn't exactly call an olympic rower obese!

Yesterday was a bit naughty, too much food and I didn't count, but here it is:
  • Breakfast: tomato & mozarella salad
  • Lunch: tuna mayo, cheese, egg & salad
  • Dinner: Garlic prawns, steak & bearnaise sauce, salad
  • Snacks: brie, too many cashew nuts :eek:
Ketostix were a bit pink last night, but I have been trying to get more water so maybe I'm still in ketosis....

Gym tonight - love Friday gym, I feel so virtuous!

honey, if the ketostix go pink AT ALL you are in ketosis. the colour of the pink is based on how dehydrated you are. really you should be aiming for a pinkish colour because it means you are getting enough water in you. the sticks can't go pink if you aren't in ketosis as you wouldn't have ketones in your urine otherwise...

you're doing great.

abz xx

honey, if the ketostix go pink AT ALL you are in ketosis. the colour of the pink is based on how dehydrated you are. really you should be aiming for a pinkish colour because it means you are getting enough water in you. the sticks can't go pink if you aren't in ketosis as you wouldn't have ketones in your urine otherwise...

you're doing great.

abz xx

Oh great, thanks! I knew that very dark meant dehydration, but I thought that a very pale pink maybe meant I wasn't in ketosis.

got the place to yourself then love. :)

I used to love going to the gym on a friday night! I just went to the pub after!

Am quite liking my maintenance idea of 'carbs only on gym days, and only one carb meal per day'. Should be a good incentive for me to stick with the gym!

Rather negates the effect then Jar LOL

I suspect you'll find maint easy then Hooya.

I wasn't low carbing back then - just working hard enough to earn a drink afterwards!

Had carbs with dinner yesterday - felt pretty weak in the gym after quite a harsh week, food-wise, so it felt like the sensible thing to to! Now the race to get back into ketosis.

Off to the gym again this morning - I only left it about 12 hours ago! :)

Back