Atkins with one eye on the calories!

hey guys. well i've been to tesco and found some decaff filter coffee of all things!! so we'll see, it's doing it's thing at the mo. doesn't look as dark as normal coffee... and i got a wee bit of cream to go in it too. woo.

Good for you abz.

Funnily enough they didn't really Hooya, not for a while anyway, the funniest thing is people who hadn't seen me for a long time, they'd look, look away and then look back, classic double take. LOL.

i bet that was a fab feeling jim :D

the decaff was ok, it was rather weak so looked more like tea, but it tasted ok, so woo. ha.

Hello! I am too bored to count my cals and carbs much these days, but here goes:
  • Breakfast: Goat's cheese, parma ham and cherry toms
  • Lunch: Smoked mackerel & salad
  • Dinner: Cheese omelette
  • Snacks: Cheese, atkins bar
Early dinner (cos of the footie - Scotland game was at 6) and late gym seemed to work ok, until we got home and realised it was already quarter to 10 at night!

Morning hooya, with only 6lbs to go you should be in pre maint now anyway love.

True, I should probably have a look at the Atkins book as I haven't in a while!

I'm wondering if I should amend my goal or not - it's difficult since I'm aiming for size rather than weight, and I can't tell how much muscle weight I'm gaining...

I know BMI isn't that good a scale but I truly think you may be at goal and need to start adding in some carbs. I know you are having carb days now love. Maybe you are even in maint really.

The problem is, I still want to lose some body fat - it was measured at over 19%, and I'd like to go down to maybe 16%. Obviously I have to do it safely and slowly (hence only losing a lb a week, if that!) but I'm not quite where I want to be yet....

I think I might stick with it until I go on hols on the 24th, then try a more maintenance diet and see if I can keep replacing fat with muscle through exercise.

It's tricky to get this right isn't it! I have set the bar very high, I want to look fan-bloody-tastic, but I want to do it healthily too :)

I suspect you probably already look bloody fantastic love. :)

Hello again, not posted here for a while... Just been getting on with maintaining and nothing interesting to report! Well done Hooya on your progress. I reckon you're looking well buff by now! I am a complete wuss when it comes to the gym so good for you! But at the risk of sounding all naggy and boring, are you really sure you should be aiming for 16% fat? Don't go all Madonna on us - 19% is really low and healthy for a woman isn't it? The last time I was measured I was 32% (scary), and was about 10 and a half stone then - so I can't imagine I'm any less than about 25% now. Perhaps concentrate on how you look and feel rather than the number? OK lecture over now...

Thanks all, such kind words, I am blushing :eek:

Hello Miss Macaw! Don't worry, I saw those pics of Madonna in Grazia the other day - inspiration it ain't, she looks all sinewy and scary!

I do know what you mean about focusing on the numbers, the problem is I'm a targets kinda gal, so it helps the more of them I have! When I started, my goal was to be a fit healthy dress size 8, but I've already revised that - I'm fairly slim now and would apparently need to drop another 2.5 inches of hip to get into an 8, which is probably not going to happen (unless I want to look a bit scary!).

I look very healthy now, not scrawny at all, and I still have a layer of belly fat I'd like to get rid of! But I know I have to be careful and that some fat is healthy (and nicer for my OH, if you know what I mean ;))

I will post some pics in a couple of weeks before holidays maybe - but don't worry, no veiny arms for me! :)

I look forward to seeing your pic's love. :)

Promises, promises.... I put together a plan last night for my eating and exercise over the next few days (OH is out of town for the weekend so I have plenty of me time!)... but I'm already wishing I could ditch the plan (gym then small dinner) and go for home for a movie and bigger dinner, and an Atkins bar as a treat! :eek:

I do try not to eat the bars because of all the horrid additives and sweeteners... but they are such a nice treat!

A pretty good day today, have been eating a lot lately so tried to scale it back:
  • Breakfast: Goat's cheese & avocado omelette
  • Lunch: Broccoli, salad and pepperami
  • Dinner: Meatballs with tomato sauce and cheese
  • Snack: Atkins chocolate bar
  • Scores on the doors: Carbs 13.8, cals 1179
Need more veg tomorrow! :)

Don't think I'll have lost any weight this week, I think I am building muscle though... might have to revise my target as 9st could be a bit too much if I keep working out!

Really good day today, managed to keep to my limit:
  • Breakfast: Goat's cheese & avocado
  • Lunch: Pepperami, salad and nuts
  • Dinner: Burgers, cheese, avocado & salad
  • Snacks: Nuts
  • Totals: 16.84 carbs, 1130 cals
So apart from 1 day with sushi and frozen yoghurt, I've been within the atkins rules all week, and only went above 1400 cals twice in total - so if I haven't lost actual weight, I'm going to revise my target. New target will be a 36in hip I think... let's see what weigh-in brings!

Well done Hooya n good luck for wi :) I cannot believe you manage to do all that gym work etc on so few cals n carbs... I think i'd quite positively die.

Thanks Claire! I think 'little and often' eating really helps for the gym - as long as I have a good proteiny snack an hour or so before I go, I've been fine! I could still murder some crisps and chocolate most nights, but it's bearable!

I also bought a new cute pink water bottle and some new gym gear, which I'm ashamed to say has helped - ridiculous that having new gym things has helped me to go more, but there it is! :D

Back