Atkins with one eye on the calories!

Morning all!

Lost 2lb!! Well surprised and pleased with that!

I've also just realised that it takes me above the 1 stone mark loss-wise, so it's a proper celebration!

Measure-in shows a teeny decrease in my hips, they are now under 37 and sneaking towards my next goal of 36!

I did my fake tan last night (OH is away so not here to complain about the smell, LOL) and it was so nice to see so much less fat on my thighs and tummy as I did it!

Reactions: abz
Morning, well done love, that is really good news. :bliss: 1 stone is a positive feeling isn't it love. :D

Morning Jim and thanks!

Yup, 1st is a nice milestone to reach :D

Going to be a tough week as I'm off to Stockholm tonight, and it's my last week in my current job, so lots of leaving lunches! Knowing I've had a good loss should help me stick to it!

x

Well done Hooya!

Wow thanks Jim, abz, Jar and LM!

Not gonna lie, it was a tough week in the gym, and watching what I ate but soooo worth it! :D Glad to have managed a 2lb loss with one night off as well :D

Better late than never Laura. :)

Hi Hooya
Congradulations on your loss .....
You should treat yourself to something really nice..
I was reading your posts about all your gym work you really have been working hard ...i am same height as yourself and aiming for 9st too ( currently 10st 5.5lbs) so a bit to go do you think watching the calories helps with the last few pounds....
or increasing your activity any tips?

Michelle:)

Hi Michelle - thanks!

A bit of calorie counting plus Atkins seems to be working for me, albeit I'm being a bit more relaxed with my calories some days, especially when I'm in ketosis.

My interpretation of Atkins is that the basic calories in minus calories out equation is still true, but that dropping carbs below about 20g ups my metabolic rate, allowing me a few more precious calories!

If your stats are similar to mine when I started, you'll find that your body isn't really keen to shift the weight - so I'm just trying to help things along by tighter calorie control and very regular exercise. I do think lots of short (30-45 min) gym sessions is benefiting me more than a few long ones - I have bags of energy and find myself looking forward to it more!

That's now though, I do go through 'I hate the gym' phases! :)

I've always hated Gym work Hooya, even in the Army when doing weights was mandatory almost. I did enjoy sports though, Squash every day, Rugby training twice a week and a game once a week, running was fun as well, though not having to carry a backpack full of wet sand. ;)

I did some canoe stuff in the army Laura, I wonder how much a kayak costs these days, We've got loads of Canals, rivers and lakes around here.

Another gym-o-phobe here! I'd rather spend the money on a good quality piece of gym equipment and do it at home, personally. Split between the two of us, it is probably cheaper than a year's gym membership. I don't want to be gawped at while I exercise, and trust me I *would* draw stares if I went in my scungey cycling gear! (It takes a proper leathering, between the sweating, the bike oil, the road spray and the wind and rain.) Not keen on spending my money on overpriced trendy gym outfits either.

we have a kayak school down here in chelmsford and there is a scuba school at one of essex's shopping centres.

We also have a lovely park for walks or cycling.

We are lucky enough to live within a 100 yards of Sutton Park, it's a beautiful place.

Sutton Park

Oh, Thanks laura, I'll see about getting that sorted.

LOL Laura, thanks. I might just buy one of these, I've been looking at them on line. It'll be stange to sit on one, rather than in one. how is the stability?

Back