Atkins with one eye on the calories!

Oh I would have been lost without the gym the first time I started dieting, because I was on a hormone treatment and couldn't loose weight dieting at all! I lost inches at the gym went 4 times a week for 3 months and lost only 2kg but a lot of inches. I was in a panic thou I was getting married and when I ordered the dress I was 1.5stone lighter sooo if I had not lost the weight/inches i'd have had to buy a new dress lol as it happened they actually had to take in the dress!
So ya I believe in the gym and it makes me feel good once I do go hehehe. However I used to love canoeing but have no place near me here and the river has a stong current i'd end up in the next town in a right panic hehe

Hello all!

Just back from Stockholm, where I did enjoy some Thai curry and rice, and some potatoes on the plane - I'm finding my carb-day difficult though, always feels like I'm opening the floodgates and will be found at the bottom of a giant bag of crisps, drooling and clutching my stomach!

I envy those of you who enjoy kayaking and outdoor exercise - I've always hated it! It must be so much healthier than an indoor gym! I've always been wierd like that though, I really love sitting at my desk - so I guess I'm just one of those people who like confined spaces :rolleyes:

I'm the same Hooya! Our gym is tiny though pity cuz it's makes it harder because u have to wait for ppl to finish with the machines. Sounds like u ate healthy carbs anyways so your doing well! What was Stockholm like? sounds cool hehe

Morning, OOOOOOOOOOOOOOH Sweden, I hope you enjoyed an Akavit Hooya.

I've been looking on line at those Kayaks Laura, I might just invest in one next summer, most of the water round here is flat anyway, all lakes and canals so unless I really take it up again they'll do fine.

I agree Lara, our Hooya is very motivated, it's great to read her posts. :)

There is a local kayak club here Lara, I might join as they have their own kayaks just to get back into practise before I buy my own. about 20 years ago the boy and I did a 2 week kayak/camping trip down the danube, now that was fun!

Hello

Thanks for your kind words, it's nice to think people see me as motivated, I'm so used to being laaaazy! :D

Sweden is lovely, everything just seems to work well there and they have a much better work / life balance than here in the UK! Plus they like to eat lunch at 11.30am which appeals to me!

I did make it out of bed to the gym this morning, as I have a team dinner tonight. Mmmm steak....

I take it you were over there on business Hooya?

I take it you were over there on business Hooya?

Yes, one of my nicest clients! I've been out there 6 times in the last couple of months and love Stockholm.

I'm leaving the company in a couple of days and they asked me to do one last trip for a handover - so I had to do very little except introduce the new guy - fantastic!

It's been great to take advantage of winding down in my current job and get to the gym etc, I wonder how I'll fit it in once the new job starts... likely to be back to 12-14 hour days I expect!

ah yes, it's always hectic in a new job until you learn all the ropes Hooya.

Hello!

Gosh I could get used to this winding down at work! Had lunch and dinner out, though maybe I should cut back on the steaks:
  • Breakfast: Tomato & mozzarella salad
  • Lunch: Sirloin steak & bearnaise sauce
  • Dinner: Steak tartare, Cesar salad
  • Snack: Brie
Had forgotten how yummy steak tartare is... though I realised it probably has worcester sauce and other naughties in there, so might delay my re-entry into ketosis :(

Morning Hooya, and the bearnaise sauce is probably naughty as well :) looks like a lovely day's eating to me love. :D

Oops I thought bearnaise was ok - just eggs and butter and cream? I've eaten it a bit on the diet and seemed to stay in ketosis, but then I don't have very much of it when I do so maybe that's why...

Another leaving lunch today... maybe a nice salad and cheese this time...

I found this Hooya

Nutrition and Calories in Bearnaise Sauce

Water content (grams per 100g) 5.7
Calorie content of Food (kcals per 100g/3.5oz) 362
Protein content (grams per 100g) 14.06
Fat content (lipids) (grams per 100g) 9
Ash content (grams per 100g) 11.5
Carbohydrate content (grams per 100g) 59.74
Dietary Fiber content (grams per 100g) N/A
Sugar content (grams per 100g) N/A

I have been reading your diary with interest... not only b'coz of having one eye on the calories (which I know is a necessity for me) but also b'coz of the kayaking... we are just back from France where we spent some time kayaking down the dordogne & seem to have caught the bug... especially my 5 year old boy who is now desperate to have kayaking lessons. An inflatable kayak seems like a good option but I'm finding it really difficult to locate lessons for children under 16.

Hello all

Well yesterday was my last day in my old job - and I'm not going to lie, there was some non-carb-non-calorie-counted eating fun!

Going to work extra hard in the gym today but given I've had over 2 days off this week, I expect a STS or a gain this week!

Then off to Tuscany for a few days where I will be working out but am not going to control my diet... It's only 5 days so I'm thinking I can't do too much damage!

Then going to come back and start some serious training! :D

well babes, a holiday is a holiday :D maintainers gain on hols, and then just lose it again when they get home. i see no reason why we can't do the same :D

abz xx

Hooya you've been doing good on your diet and working our and etc.. I'm confident that you won't ruin all the great work you have been doing.. You'll be aware of the foods liek I was and just didnt give in to eating liek a pig for 3 weeks while I was on vacation. I even lost 3 pounds which I was just looking to maintain..

Back