Atkins with one eye on the calories!

Thanks guys! I'm only going to be off it for a week, will probably gain a bit, but want to be philosophical about it!

Being in a bikini for a few days should remind me I still have work to do anyway! :eek:

Being in a bikini for a few days should remind me I still have work to do anyway

Photo's!! LOL

you've just reminded me jim. i took proof i wore a bikini photos to put on here and i haven't posted one... i have no idea where they are now... hmm.

OK, off you go and find them then abz.

Hello

Back from an amazing holiday in Tuscany then Verona. Everything was fantastic, so relaxing!

I had a complete break from the diet, which was nice in a way, though god I did feel rough - proper carb hangovers and some impressive bloating - I looked a few months preggers half the time!! :eek:

I haven't weighed in and don't plan to for a couple of weeks as I don't think it will help me at all! However I did some good thinking and some research on holiday and have decided to go for it with a proper weights and cardio programme to see if I can really achieve my potential... pretty excited about it and have spent some of today devising my programme! The drawback is I won't be able to follow Atkins in the same way I have been, as for the strength training I'll need more carbs.

Will anyone mind if I stay on this board though? The help and support is invaluable and will help me stay off the bread! :D

Welcome back Hooya.

I dont mind if you stayed on this board. I was just inquiring about an OWL Forum within this forum because I'm not on induction anymore and have added more carbs back to my diet. It would be nice to hear others stories and post about their OWL. This board has definitely been a source of support and motivation for me too..

Good luck with the pumping, Hooya! We wanna hear about how you get on... I guess your diet won't be a million miles different from Maint anyway. Do you have a carb limit in mind?

Thanks guys!

I didn't really have a carb limit specifically, though generally I'll only be having carbs with one meal a day, usually breakfast or lunch, and will be having more fruit and nuts than on Atkins.

I probably should read up about maintenance as I think you're right LM, it could end up being pretty similar!

The other thing is I'll need to eat more lean meat and less processed meat - out goes my beloved salami :(

And I'll be having a wee bit of dark chocolate too - apparently it's full of antioxidants so is good for muscle repair :D

Hi darling, Hooya, have a look at the GI diet, My maintenance eating is very much like that love.

Hey folks

Well I've been a bit lazy about posting here, probably for a good reason - have been eating a bit too much of late. Nothing too bad, but just nothing that will help me get to my goal body either!

I've reached my usual plateau - sneaking into a size 10, and not quite bothering to go the extra mile. I'm loving the new training programme, but the bottom line is I won't see the benefits of it unless I can drop a bit more body fat.

I'm eating great during the day but just not sticking to it at night... just need to give myself a kick up the bum I guess!

Right, sorry, moan over! :eek:

Don't beat yourself up Hooya. You know when you are within those 10 pounds of your goal weight the harder it will to lose. ;)
You are doing great with your training program and etc.... keep it up... a size 10 is great. You know the average size for a women is a 12 or 14 I can't remember for the UK but in the states its a size 14. We are normal sized women. These women on TV and stick thin arent your average woman and plus over 80% of them starve themselves or have unhealthy diets. Just because you are thin doesnt mean you are healthy. I know plenty of women who are thing and unhealthy. You are a size 10 and healthy and thats what counts.. You go girl :D

Hooya, you've worked so hard to get to where you already are. Maybe you should have a bit of a break and enjoy the fruits of your labours for a while before launching into another punishing programme? Have a month or two enjoying Maint, your new figure and all the extra things you can enjoy. You deserve it! Your toning-up challenge will still be there in a couple of months' time, when you're ready to go back to it. And when you do, I'm sure you'll get the results you want.

Really claire a size 16? so that tells you that we all are normal sizes. negative -0 and size 0's are hollywood sizes and these glamour girls with the fake boobs, lips and etc.. That's why I ike the celebrities like Charlotte Churchill and Beyonce's and etc.. who celebrate their curves and have no desire to look like a broom stick or lollipop.

LOL at broomsticks n lollypops! :D Hahaha.. I have no desire to be one of those sticklike gals n think it would be pretty darn impossible with these damn hips lol. But yes, i'm sure i read somewhere that 16 is the uk average these days so it never fails to amaze me when so many people say they're fat etc when they're 10's. My mate was like that n i wanted to slap her with a smelly wet fish.

I also reckon the clothes sizes are getting bigger in some stores compared to even a few years ago. My grandma agrees with me on that. You're right though, it must mean most of us are overweight. Not for too much longer though!! :D

Laura I didnt think about that and you are right and made a good point. We do need to be more in shape. With food being so rapidly avaliable and fast, people who have busy lives and constantly on the go, fastfood and microwavable and processed food has become the tend which isnt a good thing.

Back