Attempt numero 1 billion....

x Nee x

Gold Member
Hello all,

Thanks to some ecouragement from kae, just wanted to post to say Im thinking of everyone and hope all is doing well.

I am on the diet but really struggling, keep hitting real lows and not sure what to do next. Seems whatever I do, nothing makes me feel happy, If only I had enough money to buy a new body hee hee

I just have so much to lose and whether I look at the small stages or the ones in the far distance it doesnt seem to be helping

Take care everyone

Hopefully I'll get my act together soon and will try to keep posting, even if just to vent emotions

hey lady!!!

good to see you back!! so sowwy to hear u have not found your mojo!

have u been back to see the doc? You could ask him about reductil? i dont know ins and outs of it but u could google it and see what u think? apparently it blocks brain signal thinkin about food!

keeo ya chin up lovey!!!

speak soon love katie
xxxxxxxxxxxx

Hey Nee, sorry to hear your struggling just now. I would recommend going back to your GP - reductal is supposed to be very good, the only prob is that it can raise your blood pressure slightly - so would depend on what your blood pressure was like before starting it if you would be prescribed it or not.
You could ask in the reductil forum on here how they are all getting on with it.
I dont think anythings easy ..... its such a hard slog! 'but every long journey starts with a small step' cheesy i know but keep telling myself that hehe
Take care sweetie xx

Nee - i'm totally understanding where you're coming from! i too am struggling - i've been on xenical for 5 weeks and have lost very little weight! my life just seems to get in my way! as i'm on the pills i've cut crisps/chocolate out of my diet and i'm struggling to follow the slimming plan in conjunction! i think thats my problem - too many carbs maybe? definately not enough exercise - i know that! i have lots of slim fast in my cupboar but have yet to take that plunge! i'm always too hungry !! Never fear chick - we're all here and we're in the same boat or have been in the same boat! i feel like i'm sinking fast - but i'm trying x

I'm right there with you Nee. It's just such hard work isn't it? Especially if you're feeling low anyway - that's certainly not the best time to be thinking diet and exercise plans.

But so long as we don't give up completely we haven't failed have we? Just try to plod along and I'm sure things will improve. Well I'm hoping so for me lol.

Nee!!!! You are a naughty naughty girl...what have i told you about being AWOL.??!!

When you are struggling, thats the very time you need to post lots, there are peeps to support you, and it may help inspire you and move forward.

Take care hun and POST POST POST!

yeah neeee listen to us & come on here when your struggling it will pick you up.

I suggest you go see a doc and explain how you feel they might have new suggestions but until then dont give up , i found my first month the hardest you just need to break out of the cycle and you will xx

following doctors appointment...

Well, managed to get into the doctors last night and didnt quite turn out as had hoped!

I will say though, he was really nice and sympathetic. Basically, I explained how i am feeling, what I have tried, what I think I am suffering with due to being overweight and my understanding and want of surgery or something to help this happen.

He told me that he agrees surgery is the best option, and agrees I am severley overweight, but also that I am overweight but in general good health ie -blood pressure is fine, not diabetic etc...

I ended up crying and saying I just dont know what else to do and the doc explained that I can copy the diet of someone who is on a gastric band but would have to be with major will power and obviously no operation involved.

It was so nice to see a doctor who generally seemed to be bothered and actually was quite encouraging as one of the last doctors I had seen in the past, laughed in my face when I queried surgery.

So not sure what to do next but I might try to get a better understanding on the food intake and vitamin supplements that someone who has had surgery and see if I can follow the route just without a reduced stomach :)

Also was not prescribed any medication again, as he feels the pills are not benefiting me and in general doesnt have much faith in them

Well, managed to get into the doctors last night and didnt quite turn out as had hoped!

I will say though, he was really nice and sympathetic. Basically, I explained how i am feeling, what I have tried, what I think I am suffering with due to being overweight and my understanding and want of surgery or something to help this happen.

He told me that he agrees surgery is the best option, and agrees I am severley overweight, but also that I am overweight but in general good health ie -blood pressure is fine, not diabetic etc...

I ended up crying and saying I just dont know what else to do and the doc explained that I can copy the diet of someone who is on a gastric band but would have to be with major will power and obviously no operation involved.

It was so nice to see a doctor who generally seemed to be bothered and actually was quite encouraging as one of the last doctors I had seen in the past, laughed in my face when I queried surgery.

So not sure what to do next but I might try to get a better understanding on the food intake and vitamin supplements that someone who has had surgery and see if I can follow the route just without a reduced stomach :)

Also was not prescribed any medication again, as he feels the pills are not benefiting me and in general doesnt have much faith in them

ooooh sounds like you had an interesting chat with your doc!

How many cals did he suggest you have then? did he give u any info about what to eat on a pre op diet? Did he refer you to any one ie a deitician?

Sorry bout all the questions hehehe

is he gonna do a follow up appointment to see how u are?

speak soon hun and take care
xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I am happy with his suggestion, but there is no check ups planned, I suppose its all down to me now.

I am meeting with a group on Sunday with are for people who have had or are going to have the WLS so i can chat and find out more etc and am going to research it myself....thoroughly

I suppose I am looking at it as having the operation but without the operation itself so treating it as I have what they have but without the pain of it hee hee

Only thing is... where do I post, I love it in this section :(

yeah defo post here!

i neeed to know how u r!!!

who r these people u will be meeting? feom minis??

No not from Mini's but its an official support group for obesity surgery, and luckily its about 5-10 mins walk from mine, andits a 2 hour meeting

xx

ooooh nice one! where did u find out about that then?

you'll have to let us all know how it goes!

xxxxxxxxxxx

Just through searching for information I found the BOSPA site which had some info, then some people said about it on here too (but in another section)

I will keep you posted xx

Well, the last 2 days have been pretty damn good for me.

Feeling more in control again, still need to keep my sensible head on but feeling so much more positive :)

Have read up on a lot of the post op diet info and for the first month its basically liquid intake & mushy food, and slowly increases from there on.

My thinking right now is to eat a reasonable amount of food and keep the calorie intake as low as possible and work it from there, with exercise and so on

Just to avoid concern and stuff...

1, I really struggle with breakfast and struggle to eat much before 11am - even though I know its a good meal to have.

2, I am aware of starvation mode etc, but this is through discussions with my doc' and research to try and make this work in a way that we are happy.

So yesterday, I had...

Go ahead bar for lunch.... 168 cals & strangely was satisfying enough and I felt comfortable for around 4 hours

Dinner - 2 cups of Butternut squash.... cut into chunks and roasted... tastes like parsnips YUM! 80 cals
2 quorn Sausages - 120 cals
1 good sized handfull of mixed veg - 28 cals

snack - medium banana -116 cals

Total for the day = 512 cals Whoop

Today

Lunch -
Apple nutri graiin - 130 cals (although have to say was pretty vile and therefore not too hungry following eating it hee hee

Dinner -
2 Handfulls of veg - 56 Cals
1 Slice of the best ham ever - 30 cals
1/2 quorn sausage - 30 cals
2 cups of Butternut squash - 80

Snack
Musli bar type thing (with chocolate on it yummy) 116 cals

Total Calories = 442

All in all im really happy with this,

I feel I have eaten enough and its only now my tummy is thinking fooood .... foood....food but its 12.30am and in need of sleep and normally I just eat all the time so good times!!!

As long as you and your doc r ok with the low amount of cals then that is fine!

All im gunna say is VARIETY!! :) your diet needs more variety hun! first day looked nice second was almost a mirror image of the first! You might run the risk of getting bored if u stick to the same stuff qll the time!

sounds like you are right on track! And good on ya mrs! its nice to hear you up beat again! And remember to post lots!! It does you a world of good!

have a fab weekend!

love katie
xxxx

All im gunna say is VARIETY!! :) your diet needs more variety hun! first day looked nice second was almost a mirror image of the first! You might run the risk of getting bored if u stick to the same stuff qll the time!

Yeh I know variety is good indeed, I bought some butternut squash and hadnt used it so am doing that then will try some other things.

But have to say Butternut squash is well nice, u should try it :)

i have bought one many times but im afraid to say it stays in my fridge that long it is no longer edible!

will buy one next time i do a big shop! :)

love butternut squash!
in aus pumpkins (not the orange ones you use for halloween) but nice ones are pretty much like any other normal veg....
try mashing it... its good if you dont wanna have so much mash potato, you had half and half.. YUM...
roasted it yummy, and butternut squash soup is delish!!! and well there is a pumpkin pie (sweet) which is nice too but i doubt very much if the cal and fat intake would be allowed to be consumed!!!

great that you are finally upbeat again love!!
its nice to see... im a little down about life in general and i think i just need to slap myself out of it!!!!!

Back