Attempting the diary thing again (not strictly dukan)

Ahh if only there were fancy blokes. Actually i'm glad there are not while I'm a fat sweaty mess.

I'm not as achy as anticipated so will need to work harder next weekend.

Monday - blurrrrrrgh
PV day
B From frais, flavoured with coffee and sweetner. tea w/ skim milk
L Chicken leg, turkey pieces, cherry toms, pepsi max
D lean pork, eggs, asparagus, cherry toms
No exercise other than walks.

So not the best of weeks, my team were told we are being made redundant on Monday to be replaced by the Mumbai team. A bit out the blue to say the least.

Stayed on the wagon first day, second day not so much(got taken to lunch no good options, not enough resistance strength) back on weds, thurs, then yesterday not so much, was my last day and my parents came to take me to dinner.

Gym this morning wasn't as good as last week but everything hurts! 15min cross trainer, 3 diff upper body resistance machines. An hour later my legs are still wobbly so I must have pushed a bit hard.

On the job front had 3 phone interviews and have 2 in person next week, so I'm hopeful I'll have something by the time my gardening leave ends.
I thought I'd be able to do lots of cooking and catch up on laundry with an empty house but my week is filling up fast.

Plan to keep as low carb as I can but for now back to cheaper fattier meat, lots of eggs....

Sorry to hear your bad news but glad you're hanging on in there diet-wise x

Oh Jaq I'm so sorry to hear the news, but it sounds as if you're being very proactive and are already in demand!
Take care of you - stay around, won't you - and remember that a lot of frozen meats/fish are far cheaper than the fresh equivalent...

Thanks all.

Jo I only have a top of the fridge freezer shelf bit. Will be lots more tinned tuna, eggs and smoked fish as I should be able to cook lunch.

First in person interview done, 2 more to go, its exhausting and difficult to keep each place straight. Hopefully someone will want me quickly and I'll be able to enjoy the rest of my gardening leave and be able to use my payout on things that are not rent and food.

Food today was um protein bar with coffee, more coffee, burger minus bun and chicken, not ideal, but not terrible.

sorry to hear about your job... ive heard of a few ppl getting their notice just now :(

1 week into the jobsearch, a bazillion calls, 30+ applications, 3 phone interviews, 2 in person, 3 online tests, a couple of rejections and have 2 more in person and 1 more phone interview to do this week. Its been seriously manic.
No gardening in this gardening leave, but I have made a start on the laundry :D

Just about on the low carb wagon, its really hard with my schedule being so off and changing all the time.
B didnt happen
L 3egg and smoked salmon omelette (mmmmmm - then realised no phone reception in the kitchen, bugger)
D sliced chicken, salad veggies, turkey pieces - using up the lunch supplies I didnt use last week.
Hope to slot in some cooking on thursday.

How are things Jaq? Do I recall you once considered moving to London for work (or am I muddling you with someone else)?

Yes i wanted to move back to london before but decided to stick it out here, now nothing to stick around for :D
2 london interviews monday, both sound good.

Working tuesday then so far rest of next week is clear.
Its been so hard this week with my schedule changing daily.
Hoping I'll be sorted soon and able to get back to cooking etc.

I never knew you were londoner Jaqys :) complete with cockney accent? :) xx

p.s. hope the interviews work out - every cloud a silver lining eh xxx

I can't imagine that Jaq has a cockney accent!! It's funny actually, when I meet someone for the first time from Minimims, some don't sound as they do in my head when I read their words!! haaaaa!

I lived in London for three years before moving here... crazy fantastic place :D

So sticking to plan became a distant memory. But I'm shaping up and on day 2 and all okay.

Been to the gym yesterday and today, my limbs are about to fall off so I'm in mcds enjoying a black coffee and free wifi. Hoped to go during the week but i cut my hand last week and it's only just been okay again.

No good news, had some so so interviews, 1 disaster and 1 really good, but I should have heard about the next round for Friday and didnt. Will chase tomorrow.

No cockney accent, am a westcountry lass but don't have that accent either, London feels like home though.

This week have a call about a job at my current place Monday, a phone interview tues, an in person weds, networking event weds eve and Inspiral carpets Thursday. So not quiet. Will try and do 2 gym sessions and lotsa cooking.

Hope alls good here, have been trying to keep up sporadically.

great to see you posting Jaqys :)

fingers and everything else crossed for you!! - week sounds hectic - try and find some "chill" time :) (((big hugs))) x

The upside to being off work and on a diet, I can cook 2 meals at lunchtime, cheaply, and not worry about getting in the kitchen in the evening, or dong all my prep at the weekend,
The downside, I'm in the house in the morning(used to leave first) and can smell everyones breakfast of toast. Arrrrgh.

I'm a westcountry girl too but have made London home for nearly 5 years now. I love my weekends in the country but couldn't imagine not living in the city now.

I also have the problem of sharing the kitchen - batch cooking tends to be easiest but I don't have much freezer space to store what I make.

Not having much freezer space and not wanting to tie up the kitchen has made things harder.
Being off now helps a bit, annnnd then I book an extra interview, have nothing preped :cry:

An okay interview today, though not sure the 30mins or so I was in there justified the 6 hours I'll have spent on a coach by the time I'm home.

Had a good ish low carb day, steak veg and salad for lunch, chicken for dinner, but had a lovely cappuccino which wasn't skimmed milk.

Tomorrow I plan to have a big lunch as I'll not get dinner, steak and eggs(steak from freezer from when I wasn't redundant), 2 red meat days in a row. Ah well better than giving in to the temptation of the cup cake shops.

Spent an age in whole foods looking at things I can't have (or afford, £7 ready meals, bizarre) and wishing I had half their tofu selection locally.

Hope your journey pays off, and a job offer is on its way x fingers crossed.

yeah seconded :) after putting in 6.5hrs of travel effort you totally deserve it - hope you mentioned the travel ;) it's super kudos against someone who just walked around the corner! x

Thanks muchly, I'm still not technically unemployed so trying not to stress too much.

Someone who is local won't have the hassle of a move so might be better.
Anyway a job I thought was toast has let me know they're still interested so that's good.

Today's interview I don't want but it was pretty much the first that showed an interest when I was saying yes to everything.

I'm happy with my resistance this week, tonight's networking will be a challenge, but I think I'll be okay.

Back