August Money Challenge

Yep it will, and I'm making the most of it, I've told DS & DD there'll not be any money left when we 'go'!!!!

Off to Morrisons today with my £5 off meat & fish voucher from the sun.

Usual 3 for £10 wi now be 3 for £5.
Got a couple of vouchers. Might have to shop twice. Haven't read t's & c's yet!

Used two vouchets by going to two different cashiers!

Got a whole chicken
2 packs of lamb chops
Twin pack of bacon
Fish pie mix
Gammon joint

Don't have a car so had to use my trusty trolley!
Will be going back tomorrow as I've still got two more vouchers. Gave two to my son.

Really want some mince and they didn't have any. Paid £10 for the stuff I got so not doing too badly :)

Don't forget to use coupons or vouchers, we need a new toaster & in Tesco's the other day & OH spotted a nice red one which would look good in our kitchen, but it was about £48:eek: and seeing as I don't like stuff on the work surface it seemed a tad expensive, so I didn't buy. Anyhow, I got an email from Tesco reminding me my vouchers were expiring soon, so I went online & used their 'boost' voucher thingy & bought a red, 4 slice toaster for £4, bargain, I pick it up tonight!

We are going camping the weekend and meeting with friends so the kids can go on the leisure park at Brean and I have used my clubcard points for that :) I don't let the loyalty cards tie me to the supermarkets and still use Aldi/Lidl etc but the odd shops still mount up!

Hubby and I got round to looking at our budget for the first time in ages last night and I really need to get a grip now and probably try and work more hours where possible....especially if I want more holidays!

We need to look at our budget for this month as we haven't had time yet. Mortgage payment is higher To cover extra interest during our changeover period so not going to be a fun month.

I've put the cash bf gave me towards bills aside for our holiday and I'll only dip into it if absolutely needed - but got a feeling it will. Sigh.

I don't use certain supermarkets just for points but just save them where & when, I'm saving up Sainsbury's ones so I can use them on an easyjet flight!!! just don't shop there often enough so could be a while.

I think I could do a review of my spends for next few months to take into consideration my spending lately!

I kept a log of everything I was spending for 2 months and was amazed on how much cash I was losing on little things. I save an extra €80 a month now just by tightening up a little!

The Sun Newspaper on 7th Aug has the Morrison's fruit & veg offer again where you get £5 worth with no minimum spend. Last time I did this I bought 5 newspapers and stocked up on tons of fruit and veg that lasted me ages using those green veg bags to make it last. Hope it helps you all xxx

10589856_10152153017961595_1439144396_n.jpg

I think food is so expensive, isn't there a cheap family foods website, I'm sure somebody once posted something like that on here.

OH remembered to buy me The Sun so that's a saving, it will go in the holiday tin though for our Trans Siberian trip, whenever that may be, lol.

My friend uses this website. She saves a fortune on shopping now as she has a family of 4 plus a dog.
Everything is close to the sell by date I believe which is why it is so cheap. xxx

The biggest online seller of close to, and past, best before date food and drink. | Approved Food

On thanks for sharing, will register later x

Fab, OH went to the local shop to get The Sun yesterday, picked it up, went to pub, sat down to find voucher only to find no page 18:eek:, he went back to shop to find the other Sun papers also had page 18 missing, obviously the owner had taken them, little sh1ts!!!

Can`t believe people can be so mean:(

Back