August Starters **May contain food talk**

Hi Babs and Polly... yeah - it is f-r-eezing today. I am wrapped up in several layers with the blow heater on max - so i'm actually starting to feel too hot. Went to the cinema last night - why do they always insist on air con in cinema theatres??? My fingers were blue when I left! Grrrr.

Well done on your 2lb loss Babs! That's ace! Youl should do yourself a ticker - it is quite cool seeing the distance your little thingamee travels as the weeks go by - I'm about a third along mine - it's a nice feeling :D

Good reasons Polly - thanks for posting! xx

you're absolutely right anna, hopefully ticker will work and its really inspiring to see how far its moved already.
not certain on my target yet, my llc said today to just see how i look and feel as the weight comes off, i think this will be better for me than setting a specific weight.
polly i found it really good to see my before picture now as it showed me how different i look already so that helps me to see realise how much difference a couple of stones makes. and just think the smaller we get the more noticable every lb lost will become.

4lbs loss for me last night, bringing total lost so far to 37lbs!

And 20 inches lost!

xx

Wow Polly!! That is INCREDIBLE! 20 inches??? I think I've lost 8.5 in the same number of weeks as you... crikey!!

I'm having a great week this week- the first few days trying to get back into ketosis were tough - I was craving EVERYTHING and thinking about giving up - but I am back in my stride now and feeling optimistic about the future!

Only 3 days til WI on Sunday night - fingers crossed!!!

xxx

I'm glad you're feeling better about everything Anna :D

I had a lot of inches to lose, probably more so than you do, so don't worry and compare yourself. When you're the size of a truck it's gonna come off quicker! :D

Very best of luck for Sunday - I'm sure you'll come back with a vengance :sign0151: and have a stunning loss! Fingers crossed for you and so pleased that you're feeling good about things again :D

xx

Hello girls!
Just a quick post before I toddle off to work! Well well done on the loss and the inches Polly, you're doing soo well!! Am quite jealous really lol!

So good to hear you're well and truly back on the wagon Anna, and am sure you'll have a brill loss tomorrow!!

Have a brill Saturday everyone xxx

3lbs loss today at WI, total is now 37lbs or 2 stone 9lbs!! Can really really feel the difference in myself and especially in my clothes now! Am hoping to lose another 5lbs in the next two weeks so I can hit 3 stone in foundation, even though I'm in F for 12 weeks rather than 14... would be well chuffed if I could do that!!

On another note... warning: I'm about to talk about food....
I made homemade beefburgers for hubby and daughter tonight... they smelt sooooo good and looked soooo delicious and tempting... but I busied myself with tidying while they ate and then glugged loadsa water... now have put the leftover burgers in the fridge and am not remotely tempted to even taste one!! Yaayy!!

Hope you lovely ladies are having a lovely Sunday xx

Well done Sweety - we're on the same amount lost at the moment!

I am going for the 5lb mark this week - it's a long shot but would take me to the 3 stone point as well :D

Very well done for avoiding the temptation, food can smell soooo good sometimes!

xx

Well done to everyone on all their losses. I missed my week 8 weigh in last week (I was at a conference in Dublin). I;m pleased to report that i survived the trip without cheating so I'm plodding along to week 9 weigh in on Wednesday. :)

Woop! Well done Guy - that's quite an achievement, especially in Dublin!!

Good luck for Wednesday - I'm a day behind you, my weigh in is on Thursday night.

Fingers crossed for everyone :D

xx

Woooooop woooooop!! I LOST 6LBS LAST WEEK!! Thank goodness! I was about to throw myself off a tall building! Hehe :D

Feeling amazing today - and I've just had to re-do my signature because I'd completed all my goals for the first two months. YEY!

Only 10 to go to hit the three stone mark in foundation... I am determined to do it! I just had my Week 10 weigh in - so does that mean I've got four weeks of abstinance left, or three... I am so confused, lol...

CONGRATS Polly, Sweety and Guy on your losses so far - brill news.

Oh, I am in SUCH A GOOD MOOD! :D

x

WOOP WOOP!!!

Well done Anna - it was all worth it in the end eh? ;)

You'll be on week 11 now then - so this week and 3 more to go. You will fly another stone by the end of foundation :D

Well done girl, greatly deserved :D

xx

Well done Sweety - we're on the same amount lost at the moment!

except you're about 2 weeks behind me!! lol! I really really want to hit 3 stone... am crossing everything in hope lol!!

Anna, WELL DONE!!! losses like that make it all worthwhile dont they!! onwards and upwards.... or rather downwards eh!!

Late to Furum - Started in Aug

Hi everyone:)

I started LL in Aug, but only just found this forum. I'm now in week 11 and have made a decision to continue into developers. Why.. well ofcourse I am still fat! However, should be ok to move into management by around the end of Jan. :rolleyes:

So girls, I am panicing already, and need so sane person out there to tell me what to expect. I fear that the weight will come back and want to know if there are any sucessfull people out there that have managed to maintain the weight loss over a long period of time, and tell me how they did it????

H

Hi Forever Hopeful and welcome to our August Starters thread! :D Good to have some fresh blood, we're all starting to get sick of the sight of each other (JOKING!).

I am in week 10 (I think - get so confused) and am also going to continue into Developers for another three months - had six stone to lose in total, so probably looking at around Feb before I move to Mgt. We've got a pretty similar journey by the looks of it.

How have you found the programme so far? You should get a 'ticker' (the picture thing that counts down weight)... so motivating... google Ticker Factory and do it that way!

Try not to panic - I am not the right person to ask as I've not been there, and don't know anyone else that has done LL - but if you start a new thread on the main Lighter Life page asking the question, I am sure you'll get loads of answers.

A lady called Blonde Logic is a bit of a legend on this site - she started Route to Management a few weeks ago, so - again - she'd be good to ask - but I'm sure you'll get a reply from her anyway, she is fab!

Just keep telling yourself that the weight WON'T come back on, because you are going to CHOOSE for it not to. Weight isn't some mystical force that grabs you and clings to you without your permission - if you put on weight, it is because you have chosen to put too much food in your mouth and the wrong foods at that.

Personally- I have mostly craved 'real' food - i.e. veggies, meat etc - nothing sugary or naughty - and I am starting to get really excited about taking control - I'm going to show that pesky food who is boss!!

Anyway - i've rambled quite enough - welcome again, and let us know how you get on... what day of the week is your weigh in?

A x x

owww waaaa!! thats a prince phrase i like to shout when very excited. lost 5lbs this week, i'm over the moon after my 2lb last week.
i'm bloody loving this diet!
hows everyone doing??
babs
xx

wow you're whizzing towards your target Babs - only 16lbs to go - you'll be there in no time!!!! well done!!!!

Morning gang. Well done to everyone on their losses so far. I had my week 9 weigh in last night and lost 12lbs. That includes week 8 too as I was away. So that's a total of 57lbs (4 stone 1lbs) in 9 weeks.

As happy as I am I still need to nuckle down. I'm missing my week 10 weigh in as I have to go away with work again! It's not the time to get comfortable.

thanks sweety, tho dont really know what my target is yet. i just put that as a goal. that loss would take me to 11stone, i'm 5ft 5" so think i'm going to try for 10 stone or just under.
when i started this i just wanted not to be so big, now that i'm getting on well with the diet i'm thinking perhaps to aim a bit higher and actually go for being slim. this will mean continuing through xmas which i'm thinking might be better long term, coming out of abstinence just before xmas could be too tempting.
well done to you too.

babsx

Back