August Starters **May contain food talk**

Thanks. It's all a bit of a blur to be honest. There were a few weeks where it dragged like hell though. I'm still in denial i think....

Sometimes I feel like I'm gonna wake up any minute.....

Guy said:
Sometimes I feel like I'm gonna wake up any minute.....

I know what you mean! It's bonkers isn't it?? Hehe.

I really do feel like I've just started again... got my head screwed back on, and loving the excitement of the idea of losing again... properly... no more of these crappy half pound here, sts there... I'm going to do this - just watch me go!

Polly - so so pleased you're back on it... this August thread was looking a little bit sorry for itself!

A xx

I know what you mean! It's bonkers isn't it?? Hehe.

I really do feel like I've just started again... got my head screwed back on, and loving the excitement of the idea of losing again... properly... no more of these crappy half pound here, sts there... I'm going to do this - just watch me go!

A xx

it is weird. I never put much stock in this whole 'head catching up with your body' before but I'm really suffering with it now.

and i have every confidence if you Anna. I'm sure you can succeed. I;m sure you just need one or two weeks under your belt (lol) so you can get firmly back on track.

Spend a lot of time in the bath. I used to do that when I struggled. Makes inpulse eating much harder if you're in a pool of water! I get by with the 20 minute rule alone now but I still have my moments. We're only human after all. :)

Human? Are we? :8855:

I've put on a godamn frig firking stone since I stopped LL - so after a little chat with my LLC last night, I have decided to do LL Lite refreshers. Should be starting at the end of the month. This bloody fat is coming off once and for all. :mad::mad:

Rant over :D

Thank you for your welcoming me back - even if it is to make up the numbers on the August thread! :p

Hahaha - awww, don't say that - we are pleased your back... you may have left for a while, but I think we should all be very proud of ourselves that we are still going... everyone else is missing in action - but we're still fighting the fight... and we will succeed!!

By all means keep us up to date on how you are on here - but I'm struggling big time at the moment, so can we not have any food talk (you lucky b**ch, getting to have a meal, hehe)? There is a new LL Lite thread on the main LL page, at the top by RTM. :D

You're going to do brilliant mon cherie... can't wait to see the results :)

Guy - morning!! How are you today??

Anna xx

(PS I emailed Sweety through Facebook yesterday but still no sign - really hope she is ok, bless her - anyone heard off her?)

Morning. :)

My last week in abstinence is a bit of a pants one to be honest. I;ve been struggling for the last 2 days. Been getting some hunger pangs for some reason. I had all 4 of my packs quite close together the other day (cos I forgot to take two to work) so I don't know if that's knocked me out of ketosis or not. I don't even know if that's possible but I guess having the 530 calories close together could have spiked some sort of physical response.

To top it all of my scales haven't really moved since weigh in and I'm pretty constipated at the mo (TMI). I've never really suffered with that much until now. Still, only a few more days to go. I'm sure I'll lose this week still but I guess knowing that RTM is less than a week away is making me eager to get going.

How you getting on? Still firmly on the wagon?

Morning. :)

My last week in abstinence is a bit of a pants one to be honest. I;ve been struggling for the last 2 days. Been getting some hunger pangs for some reason. I had all 4 of my packs quite close together the other day (cos I forgot to take two to work) so I don't know if that's knocked me out of ketosis or not. I don't even know if that's possible but I guess having the 530 calories close together could have spiked some sort of physical response.

To top it all of my scales haven't really moved since weigh in and I'm pretty constipated at the mo (TMI). I've never really suffered with that much until now. Still, only a few more days to go. I'm sure I'll lose this week still but I guess knowing that RTM is less than a week away is making me eager to get going.

How you getting on? Still firmly on the wagon?

Guy are you drinking enough water, it sounds like you are suffering from fake hunger and the constipation is a side effect of this diet if you are not hydrated enough.

Put your mind at ease you can fall out of ketosis, you need to have carbs in excess for that to happen. if you are still worried get to a pharmacy and buy the ketostix so you can check.

Anna- I saw your big bro video very funny and good luck with it, you know we will be watching what you eat in the house :)

Guy are you drinking enough water, it sounds like you are suffering from fake hunger and the constipation is a side effect of this diet if you are not hydrated enough.

Put your mind at ease you can fall out of ketosis, you need to have carbs in excess for that to happen. if you are still worried get to a pharmacy and buy the ketostix so you can check.

Yeah I drink loads. Generally 5 litres a day. I'm sure I'm still in ketosis but having my packs so close together still could have caused a blood suger spike in comparisson to the consistent level I've been used to over the last few months.

In reality it's probably none of these things. I'm probably just having an off day. It's certainly not the first and I'm sure it won't be the last....

dont worry the packs contain a certain number of carbs it wont be enough, my councellor said it dont matter how you fit them in just make sure you do.

Besides doing aitkins before this i know that i could eat whatever and whenever really. So long as you dont go over 30 carbs you are ok and you are not doing that on the diet.

But you know what you have done so well im looking at your stats and im impressed!

Hahaha - awww, don't say that - we are pleased your back... you may have left for a while, but I think we should all be very proud of ourselves that we are still going... everyone else is missing in action - but we're still fighting the fight... and we will succeed!!

By all means keep us up to date on how you are on here - but I'm struggling big time at the moment, so can we not have any food talk (you lucky b**ch, getting to have a meal, hehe)? There is a new LL Lite thread on the main LL page, at the top by RTM. :D

Hahaha - I promise no f**d talk - and I'm only taking that option because it's slightly cheaper. The OH eats for England, so the shopping bill hardly changes anyway!

I thinks I shall stay around here and keep bumping the old August thread up :D

Morning Augustus peeps. I still refuse to let this thread die!

Had my week 20 weigh in last night and lost 4lbs. That's my final weigh in of development and takes me to a total of 109lbs or 7 stone 11lbs. First day to RTM today! Eeeeek. I was organising my foodpacks last night and was stressing about not having enough before I realised I only have 3 a day now lol.

With a bit of luck I;ll shift naother 3lbs this week to make it 8 stone. :)

How is eveyone else doing?

Guy, you've done amazingly well, an inspiration to us all!!
good luck with RTM I'm sure you won't need it!

Well Guy, it looks like it is just you and I - unless Sweety manages to work out a way to continue financially... thinking of you, L...

So, I am now in my last 'offical' week of Lighter Life abstinance, before starting the Lighter Life Lite programme on Sunday 1st Feb. I am going to try my best this week and get some weight off before I start, but then again I've only got a little bit to lose anyway (between 14 and 21lbs, depending how I look/feel)... so should only be around 4 weeks on the programme.

For those of you that are 'stopping by' please note the new title of this thread - we are now poss likely to talk about food related stuff - nothing too graphic - we will save that for the RTM, LLL sections - but note that it may come up in 'essence' as both Guy and I will be eating bits and bobs soon and, as far as I know, are the only two August starters left 'active'.

Anyway - Guy - hope you're good, and catch up soon :D

xx

Hellooooooo! Yep, looks like it's just us two but this thread is our legacy. We can't let it die!

I'll be interested to hear the ins and outs of LLL as quite a few people have been asking me about it.

As for me I'm finding myself in the rather odd feeling position of still losing weight when I don't want to. I'll hit BMI 25 at this rate! A couple of people have commented to me that i look a bit 'skinny' and only this weekend have I started to see what they mean. I got out the shower yesterday and turned the light on in the bedroom (a pull cord above my head) and was pretty shocked by the ribs that greeted me in the mirror.

I guess I'm still losing cos I'm working out a lot more but one thing I've notice is that if you plan your meals and eat the right things, you can actually eat quite a lot of stuff for very little calories. I'm trying to stay under 750kcals a day as I'm only on week 2 of RTM and I'm eating something every 3 hours or so. As a result I'm actually struggling to up my calorie intake. Lol, ark at me rambling on when it's just me and you in here. I get to have fruit from thursday so that should help. I spose this is going to be a short lived thing as the glycogen stores will refill at some point. The way things stand right now I could put nearly a stone back on and still be happy with my weight. Guess that's not the worst position for someone to be in. :) Don't get me wrong, I'm not moaning or anything but RTM is quite difficult. A good difficult though if that makes sense?

Hello fellow Augusters!

I am still around for the time being, my OH and I have decided that I will carry on with LL for the next couple of months and then we will reassess the situation. The thing is we have savings but I am worried that if he doesnt get a job soon we will need the savings to cover the mortgage and bills for the next few months, and spending something like £270 on LL a month feels almost frivolous (sp) if you know what I mean....

So anyway, i'm still around.... i had my WI today (don't know what week no - have completely lost track lol) and I lost 6lbs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Am well chuffed and the good loss has given me a much needed kick up the backside, reminding me that I can do so well if I stick to it!!

I'm hoping to lost a couple of stone over the next couple of months, which would leave me only about a stone and a half away from my target, so it wouldn't be too bad if I had to leave at that point....

Oh btw, don't worry about food talk, doesn't bother me... I cook dinner every day for OH and DD, and watch almost every cookery programme going lol!!

Guy you have done sooo fantastically, 8 stone sounds almost surreal....!!

Anna, good luck with LLL and pls stay around.... I need you for inspiration my fellow Auguster lol!!

Take care peeps xxx

Back