Total Solution August starters?

I had restless legs last night too and now they are really hurting - like I have done loads of exercise (which I haven't lol) I have had this in the past when I have lost weight quickly, but I have resisted the temptation to weigh myself so far as I used mums scales to get my start weight and I won't be back at her house until the weekends so trying to be good lol

Half a vanilla shake for lunch, got the other half to have hot later on. Preferred the vanilla to the banana tbh. Mushroom soup for dinner and thought this was really nice. Had it with black pepper and tasted much better than I anticipated!

Drinking plenty of water and needing regular loo trips as a result. I work in the community so that could get interesting!

Hope everyone has a good evening x

Head still thumping but had an active day in the garden since the weather was nice - came in at lunchtime for a sit down, to eat a bar and have a couple of painkillers.....and fell asleep, again! Can't believe how tired I am, hopefully that'll shift soon. :(
Had the Vegetable soup for dinner and it was actually really tasty, like real soup - bit of black pepper as always.
Katt, stick with the black tea - I had a mug earlier and actually quite enjoyed it so hopefully you'll be the same.
Hope you're all having a good evening! :)

evening all! just back from swimming, and geeeezus i need a hell yeah. coz i did not have any food, my kids all had chippie for tea, it smelt so dam good. i nearly gave in and had some chicken breast, but i figured i have no willpower if i give in on day 3. i think the way forward is to have the bar in 2 halves, the exante bars still aren't doing it for me but the bl bars, can u have 1 per day? as ur only bar? coz if so i will buy in bulk! i do not know what the tesco bars are like, but if anyone has tried them, lemme know. next order will be bars and soups. i am CRAVING something savoury, gets bad when u almost lick ur other half for a bit of salt eh?!hehe

Hi tinker, how is day 3 going? I feel really positive, belly rumbling but apart from that all is good. Do you weigh everyday??

Last edited:
I just bought some Tesco ultra slim bars, but they say they have sugar in the milk chocolate coating, so not sure if that's ok... they were listed on the 'other bars' sticky, but i know people freak out about citric acid in diet coke, so why would sugar be ok? *confused*... if anyone can shed light on this pls let me know.

TX, just had a look on the ingredients list for the exante bars. There is sugar in the choc orange one. Sugar in the choc chip. Perhaps they are ok then?

Hi everyone..Just completed day 3! I have not stopped all day! I have so much energy, but when I sit down I could fall asleep sitting upright! I have had to remind myself to eat! The only time I have felt hungry is after I have eaten a bar. I wonder if it induces cravings for me as they are quite sweet? I am still in ketosis which must be keeping me cool especially at night when everyone seems to be suffering with the heat.

There are some great posts on this forum. It is interesting to read how people are experimenting with new things and finding they like things they never thought they would like. I know from doing LL that my tastes have changed. I just love a peppermint tea now, something I wouldn't have even considered a year ago.

Good luck everyone!

Well done on day 3 finished Motherof2. Speaking of new things, just had half a pack of vanilla shake made with hot water and a tsp of coffee. OMG....absolutely lovely! Still really hungry though, my tummy has been making weird noises all day! I can't wait for ketosis to kick in.

a thinner me said:
Well done on day 3 finished Motherof2. Speaking of new things, just had half a pack of vanilla shake made with hot water and a tsp of coffee. OMG....absolutely lovely! Still really hungry though, my tummy has been making weird noises all day! I can't wait for ketosis to kick in.

It is good isn't it?! That is my morning saviour, half a vAnilla shake with hot water and well i love coffee so my big mug gets 3 spoonfuls! Half a bl bar for breakfast, half a pack vanilla and other half of bl bar then the chocolate was a hot choc this evening that was alright, a bit weak but it sorta got there! And a diddy cup of hot water with a tsp of bullion in. I so needed chicken earlier, but didn't :) i'm gonna start writing down meal ideas for aam week soon though i know it!

Eek, I ended up having a meal in place of my shake tonight. I felt so nauseated today. I felt like I just couldn't drink enough water... no matter how much I drank... and I felt sick thinking of eating a soup or shake. I couldn't even make myself have either one. Finally in the evening after having nothing all day, I had a [food]. Then I was able to eat a tesco ultra slim bar. I wonder why i am feeling so ill? I am going back to shakes and soups tomorrow, but I don't want to keep feeling sick...

Last edited:
I felt sick the first day I tried it - which was saturday, but I realised I was doing too much for the amount of cals I had - so I had to eat too and started on monday fresh and told myself it was a day off I needed so maybe you have pushed yourself too hard? I also have had four packs each day this week as I figured going straight to 600 cals was probably not a good idea based on the saturday trial. I am finding it hard now though to have the fourth pack but today I had the bar at night instead of in the day and it made me feel hungry too which was odd although it did tatse sweet and full of butter which made a difference from the first time I had one lol

The chcoloate shake is still horrible, tried it hot with coffee was not much better lol so I hope it improves! You are all doing great and inspire me to keep going ;) can't give advice on the other types of bars as I don't have any!

yeah, not sure what the deal is. I just totally lost my appetite yesterday. I made sure to only drink coke zero, so the [few carbs] were the only thing that was really 'bad' from what i ate. I'll go back on the packs tomorrow. if i keep feeling sick, maybe i will substitute my third pack in the evening with something and see if that helps... I don't know :( I went from being really hungry on day 2, to day 3 feeling so sick i couldn't even eat my packs. i wasn't even exercising :(

Last edited:
:( hope you can find a solution that works for you - you are already doing so well by not giving up - stick with it girl we are all here for you :)

Morning all you gorgeous people how is day 4 treating you all? Hope your all good I'm very excited I've just ordered my bumper pack of shakes woop woop I shall be starting Tuesday and just think you will have all has your 1st weeks weigh in and be feeling fab and I'll just be going through what your all feeling now boo :-( ha ha hope your all good today xxxx

Sent from my iPhone love n hugs Kel xx

Hiya kel! I feel fantastic today. The double strength coffee helped mind! I cooked for the kids and it didn't bother me as such, just trying to up the water as i don't think i had enough yesterday. Had some soups come in the post too so gonna have one at tea time :)

Hello ladies, hope day 4 is going well for everyone, could someone please advise which fibre sups I should take?? I did leave a message yesterday on this thread but was totally ignored so hopefully I will get an answer :)

Oh sorry hun! I didn't see u there! Fibre wise, i am not sure, not needed any as yet. Nit had any issues. Do we need to be taking extra? I thought 3 packs made all the rda of everythin up. I could well be wrong though. Again sorry u got ignored, was not intentional.x

I'm starting Exante Total Solutions today! My bumper pack arrives in 3 hours but I'm trying not to eat til it gets here because I want today to be my start date..

I've lost a stone this year going to the gym and eating well and I've found the gym is doing nothing now- I tried a full-on diet a month ago, all protein and cream cheese to build muscle up and was in ketosis for about 9 days and after the initial off-feeling I felt great! My body switched over really easily but I couldnt cope with all that meat (used to be a vegetarian) so now I'm hoping Exante can shed the unnecessary fat around my legs, bum and tum! Once that goes I'll get myself back into the gym but I hear it's not good to work out too much when youre on such a low calorie intake.. How soon do your energy levels hike back up?

Anyways- just wanted to say hi to everyone and say I'm a newbie and starting today and I'm sooooo excited =D

Lol lol, no worries lovely! Well I think I might need to as not been to the loo yet, sorry if tmi! Yes the packs do give us all the RDA. I have searched the site but seems lots of different info re fibre, think i will go to chemist and ask. Im glad that you are finding day 4 much better I was starving this morning but feeling good now!! Cant wait for the first WI :)

Back