ayembee's diary

day 17 saturday 30/09

Thanks Mini, I was going do a post on furry tongue's lol, but mine is feeling more normal now,

I did a post here yesterday and somehow computer lost it and I couldn't be bothered to retype it.

Well, I have had some good days, been very busy and have just got on with the ssing, but the scales haven't moved for a few days, probably because I messed about with my water intake and I am constipated too, I am going to take a tablet before bed tonight and hopefully something will shift in the morning, I have ordered some phyllisum husks as recommended on here and they should be here soon.

I had inlaws for dinner today and I debated whether to tell Ma in Law about doing cambridge diet, but in the end decided not to as I really couldn't be bothered defending the diet yet again and being told how daft I'm being wasting money we can't afford, and why don't I do what jean down the road does and walk 3 miles a day for 6 months and weighs everything she eats and lose 3 stone etc etc ,
so I told hubby not to mention diet and I decided to have a meal ( chicken and cabbage) they had sheperds pie and homemade rice pudding to follow,

I thought I had got away with it, while they were eating the rice pudding ( with nice brown skin) but no nutmeg ma in law had to point out it was missing. I cleared dishes and loaded dishwasher, I heard ma in law say ' she's determined to stick to her diet this time then? no rice pudding' my big mouth hubby says 'yes she's doing really well, thats the first meal she's had in 3 weeks'
and there we are I had to explain about the shakes and soups but I never mentioned the cost and yes she really did tell me what jean down the road does to lose weight, much more natural than what i'm doing of course.

I peed off with myself, although I enjoyed my dinner, it was delicous, I should have just stuck to my guns and had a soup. because I have such a craving for a huge pizza with black olives and anchovies and a chocolate bar, having that meal has just made me crave food.

I am going to have another shake, that will be third pack today, I hope I got that right three packs plus a meal? or should I have had two packs plus the meal?
I have only had 2.5 litres water today because we were out and about all day till about 3pm.

day 19 monday 02/10

Very hectic day at work, but diet going well, I had 20kgs of diced chicken delivered (at work) this morning and struggled to lift it and put in the fridge! it was a huge big bag, it just made me think what 44lbs of fat looks like, so anyone who has lost 44lbs or more well done!

My phsyllisum husks arrived today and I mixed them with half a strawberry shake and some hot water, it was ok but don't think I will do it again, not sure, I will try it in soup tomorrow.
I have had 2 .5 packs and 4.5 litres water so far.
The scales seem to have stayed around the same since last thursday, I'm hoping they move downwards soon

Day 20 (!!) tuesday 03/10

God we're in october already.
I am starting to get worried as scales not moved, well only a 1lb since last thursday, I really hope the weight loss doesn't slow down to a pound or two a week.
I am constipated though, I had some phyllisum husks yesterday and still nothing so have taken a laxative to get things moving, my stomach feels bloated and uncomfortable.
I have been drinking warmish water all day.
I know I probably shouldn't jump on the scales every day but when they were moving downwards it was giving me motivation to carry on losing and I have been there and done the disappointment of waiting a week before weighing and losing little if anything.
I just want to keep the momentum going and the weight coming off! I admit it I'm obsessed.

I will try and drink loads extra water tonight.

day 21 weds 04/10

Long long day today, been at work from 6.20am to 9.30pm with 1 hour off which I spent in the hairdressers having a cut and blowdry which was nice.
I only got to drink 3 litres today as I was so busy.

I have a new incentive to stick to this diet and shift some weight, our works christmas party is a dinner and dance at Hampton court palace on dec 15th, I normally dread these events but am actually looking forward to this one because I am hoping I will be much slimmer and will look fab in a new frock for a change instead of a long shirt and black trousers and feeling huge.
The laxatives sorted the bowel problem now just about to have some p husks to keep it going.
please god the scales show i've lost something in the morning as it's weigh in day tomorrow.:eek:

Hi ayembee,

I hope you are drinking enough water?

As lack of water can cause constipation as well.

You did well to manage your mother in law and you will show her come Christmas:D

There is only one time to weigh if you must and that is first thing in the morning before you drink anything and on an empty bladder.

The scales can drive you mad if you let them as it is pointless weighing during the day as water weighs very heavy and you will be all over the scales...

IF your sticking with your diet 100% it will work out about 1 stone a month about...this is the guidelines for women and 1 1/2 stone for men.

The weight comes off differently on everyone and even from week to week...

As time goes on I find the tape measure is very good as you do come down in inches as well and this can happen dramatically from time to time as I find the skin shrinks back into place...

It is good to do nice things for yourself like getting your hair done etc.

Leave the scales alone...it is a bit like a watched kettle never boils:D

Love Mini xxx

I'm in the 13's!

Day 22 Thursday 05/10

At last scales moved down 2lbs to make me now 13st 13lbs!
Never satisfied wish it had of been a bit more. the tape measure hasn't changed since last week I checked.

I am stuggling to get my water intake back to 5/6 litres, I think it's because it's cold, I have been warming the water and might get some of the flavourings next time.

day 23 friday 06/10

I was fine all day, drank 4litres warm water while at work and had 2 packs, then had to do a big shop at tesco after work, I felt very faint coming out of tesco and I ate 2 slices of cold meat (Chicken 25 cals per slice) drank more water and felt better, I got home put shopping away got the tea on and then I blew it, I ate a slice of cold pizza, I wish I hadn't, I don't know whats wrong with me, well I do actually it was probably all the food I can't eat at tesco and feeling deprived, I keep telling myself it's only while I lose this weight then I can have the occasional treat and eat real food.
I probably knocked myself out of ketosis now?
I feel so depressed

Hiya hun, dunno if u have knocked yourself out of ketosis (since I'm only on day 6 I would have no idea!) but you have done fantastic so far..forget about your slip up and move on hun, tomorrow is a new day and I'm sure if you drink gallons of water you'll manage to flush it all out!

Last edited:
Day 24 saturday 07/10

Thanks kazz, I felt so bad yesterday and very guilty, I'm not going to let that happen again, It's only food for god's sake why does it have such a huge pull.
I am still in ketosis, I checked so I can count myself lucky and learn my lesson.
I'm going to go shopping soon and see if I can fit into anything nice (and cheap!) the sun is shining and it looks like a lovely day.
I'm feeling a bit down, my daughter came home this morning begging for a lift to work cos she was running late, I moaned cos i wasn't even dressed yet and she said stop it mum I have to tell you something,her tone of voice made my heart beat jump and my stomach was in my mouth, she said her friend has been diagnosed with cancer, he told her last night and she has been upset ever since, he's only 21 and this is the best bit of his life he has plans etc why does it have to happen now etc.. he has sugery next week and they will know more.
He's young and strong, so fingers crossed for him and his family.
Every now and then something happens to make me realise what's important in life and what's trivial.

day 25 sunday 08/10

We're going out today for a wander around, heading to brighton, but no lunch for me, shame, it's a lovely day and I look nice for a change, I bought a new top yesterday and new shoes only cheap and cheerful but it does give you a boost, with my new haircut and my old black size 16 jeans that fit again, I feel better again.
I shall resist all temptations of the seaside! I am taking a soup and a shake powder with me and water in case of desperation so I have no excuse to fail, only problem is I won't drink as much water away from home because of the loo situation.

still day 25 sunday 08/10

Had a lovely day in Brighton walked for miles round the lanes and up the pier, new shoes gave me a blister on my little toe though.
I didn't eat a thing, food, food ,food everywhere god it was tempting, hubby had fish and chips and I made him walk and eat them cos it was too much to sit in the restaurant while everyone was eating, looking stupid with nothing to eat pretending I wasn't hungry! that would have been too much too bear.
So I had my shake in the car on way home and a nice peppermint tea too.
Popped in to see my sister on way home, she hasn't seen me for 3 weeks and couldn't get over how much weight i've lost both her and her hubby say I look the best I've looked in a long time with the new haircut and all, so that was nice.
Just having my soup now and I added two drops of hot pepper sauce to give it a zing.

ayembee i SO admire you for not pinching any of hubbies fish and chips
if you can resist that then you can resist anything!
way to go...!!!

ayembee how good are you! the smell is amazing. I read somewhere someone said when they smell good food they take a deep breath in and smell it and then enjoy that smell and move on. I do that and really enjoy smelling food, I know it sounds weird but it works for me instead of constantly trying to avoid food.

Anyways hope you have a good day, Gemma x

day 28 tuesday 10/10

Loads of temptation today at work,
I made blueberry muffins, baked some bread with fresh basil and parmesan in it and made pasta with pesto and black olives, Mmmm just some of my favourite things,
it's no fun being surrounded by food, never mind, just because it's tasty doesn't mean we have to eat it does it? (or so I keep telling myself)
I cooked more pasta bolognaise for the family when I got home, I know now when I eventually reach my target and start to eat again, my portions will be tiny, never again will I eat huge platefuls of food,
I am determined to get this weight off and learn how to stabilize and maintain.
I haven't felt great today though, tired and cold and it's TOTM to cap it all.
Thanks Gemma and Slushy, It wasn't easy to go out for the day and not think about a lovely lunch somewhere and a nice glass of wine, but I have to learn somehow to not let life revolve round food.

start 15st 8lbs
week one - 2.5lbs 15st 5.5lbs
week two + 1 lb 15st 6.5lbs
week three - 3 lbs 15st 3.5lbs
week 3.5 -3lbs 15st 0.5lbs cut out carbs

started cd ss thurs 14th sept weigh in day will now be thursdays not mondays

week 1 -8lbs 14st 6.5lbs
week 2 -5.5lbs 14st 1lb
week 3 -2lbs 13st 13lbs
week 4 -4lbs 13st 9lbs
51 lbs to go

Day 30 thursday 12/10

I am so pleased, 4lbs off this week! makes a total of 19.5lbs in 4 weeks ssing, I'm staggered, can't wait now for the next 4 weeks to pass!
I am so excited too because I'm doing AAM from tomorrow and have planned my meal and replanned it over and over, I am having turkey done on the george forman grill with brussell sprouts, I don't know how many sprouts I'm allowed to have, prob 4? and I ordered mousse stuff and choc bars and water flavouring from cdc so life is really going to be more varied for a week at least :D :D :D

Day 31 friday 13/10

I'm in heaven!:D :D :D

I had a soup at lunch time and just had my dinner, turkey with brussell sprouts and a broccolli floret with a caramel bar for dessert, I have been drinking fizzy water today with the berry flavouring and I love it, I'm so happy it's not just a one off and I can do it all again tomorrow!
I will save my shake for before bedtime.

day 33 sunday 15/10

Have had a good weekend so far and am loving being on AAM week, I had chicken, sprouts and bit broccolli and a bar to follow for dinner,
I am going to my sisters for sunday lunch today, she knows what I can eat.
I have been playing around on the ideal weight calculator and have found that I need to be 12st 12lbs to finally move down to overweight and not obese, that is 8lbs away! that is a BMI of 33, I have BMI of 34.4 at moment, it was BMI 40, so it is coming down.
9st 7lbs and a BMI of 24.4 here I come.

day 34 monday 16/10

not a bad day really, just couldn't get rid of a nagging headache,
I had soup for lunch, turkey, courgette and a mushroom done on the george forman grill for dinner with a caramel bar for dessert, and i'm having a choc mint mousse later.
4.5 litres water and i'm having at least another 0.5 litres and nettle tea.
I read someone elses post about flappy knickers and it made me laugh because mine keep falling down too, I bought 2 new pairs in asda today, size 14 and was stunned to find they actually fit,
I seem to be a mis match of all different sizes, size 14 knickers, size 16 jeans, size 18 work trousers, (now too big but 16 work trousers too small) some size 18 tops too small, some too big!
I actually only have 2 pairs of jeans which fit right now, everything else is too big ( i'm not complaining, it's wonderful)
Im holding out till I really am forced to buy more clothes.:)

day 36 weds 18/10

I had tuna, mushroom & courgette, for dinner last night all done on the GF grill with a toffee bar after, God I love those bars, I am having turkey tonight.

I might be a bit mad or just hopeful but I am going on holiday in feb, somewhere hot, prob Goa and today in matalan i bought some summer tops in the sale, all half price and all size 10 & 12 and a lovely white cotton sun dress for £4.
Just have to get to a size 10/12 now!

I am looking forward to stepping on the scales in the morning for weigh in day.

Back