ProPoints Azwethinkweiz (Sarah)s new food diary!

I went to Bury college for a levels ... then University of Manchester for nursing degree xxxx

What are A levels? Like our Leaving Cert I suspect? "College" here refers to uni or ITs or places like that. I went to an institute of technology for my degree. I loved college even though we had long hours and I had to work part time most evenings. It was more fun than my job right now... There's no craic anymore!!

Sent from my Galaxy S using MiniMins

Sarah a levels are like your leaving cert :) I did them at my grammar school in 6th form but you can go to college and do them too. Xx

starkissedx said:
Sarah a levels are like your leaving cert :) I did them at my grammar school in 6th form but you can go to college and do them too. Xx

Oooh I see. I thought maybe they called secondary school "college" or something lol?! :p x

When I say college it would be like the bit after secondary school but before Uni! Think you can also do like hnds etc at college too tho. Not 100% xx

*Claire-Bear* said:
I went college and got some alevels that was a waste of life coz i didnt need em for uni (health & social care, psychology)...... and then I friggin hated uni - altho mine wasnt cushy like lots of students who have like 8hours in uni ...... hehe:rolleyes: ... mine was 37.5hour week in placement (the wards) and about 20hours a week of studying, there was always an assignment to do and you had to beg your mentors to fill out your paperwork ... you were kicked off the course if you didnt get good attendance .. and i met some right *****y nurses along my way so i cried on every placement ... so i can safely say i dont miss uni one little bit ... even gettin my cap n gown was boooooooooooooooring .. haha! oh and to top it off, you were payed £500 a month to study ... but coz you had to work so hard there was no time for a p/t job .. i was alwaaays skint ... fun times xxx

Arrrrrggghhhh I know this feeling!!! Just going into my 6th year of Uni... And hopefully the last.. I'm sooooo skint it's unreal... Paying mortgage and bills on a 3 bedroom house on my own... I'm sure it will be worth it in the end!! Spend most of my spare pennies on fruit and veg and currently trying to empty my freezer and cupboards to start again when I'm rich!! I do 40 hours a week placement and 15 hours a week part time work... Exhausted... I barely have time to study never mind add up ww points!! :)

Rant over lol :)

cheekychick81 said:
Arrrrrggghhhh I know this feeling!!! Just going into my 6th year of Uni... And hopefully the last.. I'm sooooo skint it's unreal... Paying mortgage and bills on a 3 bedroom house on my own... I'm sure it will be worth it in the end!! Spend most of my spare pennies on fruit and veg and currently trying to empty my freezer and cupboards to start again when I'm rich!! I do 40 hours a week placement and 15 hours a week part time work... Exhausted... I barely have time to study never mind add up ww points!! :)

Ranting is good for the soul I think! Hope you're doing ok, sounds like a tough time hon!! Good for you sticking at WW in the middle of all that xx

Just a shame ranting doesn't make you richer ;-)

What are you gonna do in uni hon? I loved college. Best time of my life lol!! xx

Can't say I know what tangy toms are unfortunately. I thought of another one I like though. Snaps! Nom nom.

i'm doing physiotherapy :) whoop whoop cannot bloody wait, ano its gona be hard but should be soooo good :D

Mmm M&Ms... they are so frickin addictive. I love the crispy M&Ms in the blue bag? I could devour a whole big bag of those!! ;) xx

yeps crispy M&Ms are the best ever!!! ate a giant bag over 3 days last week :/ oops

I study literature :) going into 3rd year soon! X

oooooh coolios :)

I went college and got some alevels that was a waste of life coz i didnt need em for uni (health & social care, psychology)...... and then I friggin hated uni - altho mine wasnt cushy like lots of students who have like 8hours in uni ...... hehe:rolleyes: ... mine was 37.5hour week in placement (the wards) and about 20hours a week of studying, there was always an assignment to do and you had to beg your mentors to fill out your paperwork ... you were kicked off the course if you didnt get good attendance .. and i met some right *****y nurses along my way so i cried on every placement ... so i can safely say i dont miss uni one little bit ... even gettin my cap n gown was boooooooooooooooring .. haha! oh and to top it off, you were payed £500 a month to study ... but coz you had to work so hard there was no time for a p/t job .. i was alwaaays skint ... fun times xxx

ahahahaha physio placements are gona be like that :/ ah wells xxx

Oooo, are u training to be a doctor? its so hard isnt it? i was soooo friggin glad to leave uni and start on the salary i did .. i felt soooo rich coz i was so use to livin off 20 quid a week if that ..... good luck to you, itll all be worth it in the end :D

*Claire-Bear* said:
Oooo, are u training to be a doctor? its so hard isnt it? i was soooo friggin glad to leave uni and start on the salary i did .. i felt soooo rich coz i was so use to livin off 20 quid a week if that ..... good luck to you, itll all be worth it in the end :D

Is the salary good then? Should be considering how hard the work is!! X

Sarah .. i started off on 21.5k ... im now on 23k - been a nurse 1yr :D ... come out with about 1500 a month then if do nights n weekends can be as good as 1900/2000 a month :D .. eeeee

Anna, yeah i should imagine it will be .. but i should imagine physios do mon-fri 9/5 so itll be all good for you lol xxx

*Claire-Bear* said:
Sarah .. i started off on 21.5k ... im now on 23k - been a nurse 1yr :D ... come out with about 1500 a month then if do nights n weekends can be as good as 1900/2000 a month :D .. eeeee

Anna, yeah i should imagine it will be .. but i should imagine physios do mon-fri 9/5 so itll be all good for you lol xxx

Ah hon that's pretty good (personally I think you deserve even more, I think docs and nurses are amazing). I only earn 23k (that's in euro) and ireland is fairly expensive so you can imagine my dilemma. If I moved to dublin I'd earn about 35k...

WOW! you so need to move! yeah we are pretty underpaid but i suppose i shouldnt moan when loads of ppl have been made redundant and that .... plus it keeps me bein able to shop shop shop lol xxxx

Sarah, I'm gong to follow your diary now so I can see what you do with your 18 additional points on Wendy!! You are a day ahead of me so I can nick your ideas! :D:D

dizzydawnie said:
Sarah, I'm gong to follow your diary now so I can see what you do with your 18 additional points on Wendy!! You are a day ahead of me so I can nick your ideas! :D:D

Hahaha. I actually got mixed up and used 1 too many today... Thought it was 3 and it was 2 so I'll use 7 tomorrow instead and then stick to it rest of the week. I can use those 18 by having a nice big dinner and some choccie for a treat and maybe a latte with brekkie! ;) xx

starkissedx said:
Congrats on your loss missy :) x

Thanks chick :D xx

Back