ProPoints Azwethinkweiz (Sarah)s new food diary!

Hi hun
Odd of Sean, obv he thinks he's helping but mayb a ploy also x hope ur ok x well done to.u n ur mum ur run!!
Well dun on the interview x x ;-) wen is it?

doctorwhogirl said:
Bit weird about people giving me money too. I've been working part time since I was like 13 and all the way through college so I'm used to being financially independent!

Although now I've started saving for a house I'd be more than happy for someone to give me some money for that...or better still....an actual house!!!!!!!! :p

Same as me, started working at 13 and been in work ever since so I'm a bit odd about money... I don't mind giving it but I hate taking it!!

Wishbird007 said:
Hi hun
Odd of Sean, obv he thinks he's helping but mayb a ploy also x hope ur ok x well done to.u n ur mum ur run!!
Well dun on the interview x x ;-) wen is it?

I dunno what he thinks he's doing to be honest. He'll say it's an act of kindness but I wouldn't be comfortable taking it anyway.

It's on Monday hon... Eeeek!! X

Sent from my Galaxy S using MiniMins

Eeeeeeww what a creep.

Sarah fab news about the job interview when is it?

I know lol! I feel like just shouting at him to leave me alone sometimes!! Christ..

Thanks - it's on Monday so gotta get studying for it (Software interviews involve a lot of technical questions rather than the whole "if you were an animal, what animal would you be?" sh1te lol!). Freaking it a bit because I REALLY want the job. It's down the road from my house, pays more and I think the change of environment would do me the world of good!! x

It would definitely do you the world of good. Just one thing I always remember in interviews is to keep eye contact and open body language don't cross your legs or fold your arms. I've learnt these to be key to the interview techniques.

Eye contact is so hard for me - it's hard for me to look _anyone_ in the eye! I'll have to really try to do that one hehe. I never know what to do with my arms and legs in an interview - all my limbs seem to be uselessly in the way lol!

Eye contact is so hard for me - it's hard for me to look _anyone_ in the eye! I'll have to really try to do that one hehe. I never know what to do with my arms and legs in an interview - all my limbs seem to be uselessly in the way lol!

Ha ha.. That last bit made me giggle..
Do your research about the background of the company etc and yer technical jibber jabber (hee hee) and you'll be fine..
I'm awful at eye contact.. Especially with strangers!! Just I suppose try not to look around the room as if you're bored and they're wasting yer time.. Feet together, hands clasped together on yer lap :)

I'm the same with limbs. The more I think about not crossing them the more I wanna cross them.
I'm sure you'll be fine. Your an extremely clever person and you know your stuff.

Good luck with the interview! Sounds great but remember it all happens for a reason of you don't get it there's something else for you

Baby-belle said:
Good luck with the interview! Sounds great but remember it all happens for a reason of you don't get it there's something else for you

That used to be my motto until this week:)

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Thankd Frances, I'll try to remember feet together and hands clasped in my lap. My hands are always cold and clammy when they try to shake my hand too because I'm so nervous.

Only thing now is I have nothing to wear to it lol - my trouser suit is too big. Sigh! I really don't have a lot of money to spend shopping on an interview outfit for a job I'll probs end up not getting :(

Also... in all seriousness girls - do you think my job at the mo are going to mention to this job that I've been off with depression? I am back 4 months but is this something that will mean I'll not be able to get another job anywhere else? Is it something I'm supposed to mention to prospective jobs?? I don't really know myself...

Thankd Frances, I'll try to remember feet together and hands clasped in my lap. My hands are always cold and clammy when they try to shake my hand too because I'm so nervous.

Only thing now is I have nothing to wear to it lol - my trouser suit is too big. Sigh! I really don't have a lot of money to spend shopping on an interview outfit for a job I'll probs end up not getting :(

Also... in all seriousness girls - do you think my job at the mo are going to mention to this job that I've been off with depression? I am back 4 months but is this something that will mean I'll not be able to get another job anywhere else? Is it something I'm supposed to mention to prospective jobs?? I don't really know myself...
Ooh.. Toughy.. Not sure if they are allowed to mention it TBH.. Think there may be some law that they are legally only allowed to comment on your work and how good/bad you are at your job.. Tho reliability may come into it.. But I mean... On the whole you've been reliable.. You were off sick for a bit but majority of the time you're there, on time and do your job so....
I would advise that if they ask about time off/sick leave you be 100% honest with them.. you don't want to lie and then have them find out from your current job...

Ooh.. Toughy.. Not sure if they are allowed to mention it TBH.. Think there may be some law that they are legally only allowed to comment on your work and how good/bad you are at your job.. Tho reliability may come into it.. But I mean... On the whole you've been reliable.. You were off sick for a bit but majority of the time you're there, on time and do your job so....
I would advise that if they ask about time off/sick leave you be 100% honest with them.. you don't want to lie and then have them find out from your current job...

Yeah I will just have to be honest and tell them I was off for 2 months earlier in the year if they ask. If they don't ask, should I tell them? Considering my treatment is ongoing at the moment, is this something that I should mention. I'm finding it hard to know what to do/say and starting to worry and have the urge to call and cancel the interview :(

azwethinkweiz said:
Yeah I will just have to be honest and tell them I was off for 2 months earlier in the year if they ask. If they don't ask, should I tell them? Considering my treatment is ongoing at the moment, is this something that I should mention. I'm finding it hard to know what to do/say and starting to worry and have the urge to call and cancel the interview :(

Not unless it'll affect yer work. I wouldn't anyway.
Or hold the info (unless asked) until ter offered the job...

Lol I doubt I'll be offered the job - this is all hypothetical in case I keep looking for other jobs after this interview goes belly up :p

They can only say positive things in a reference. I would echo that only tell them if you ask. We have recently just been interviewed for our own jobs so I can totally empathise. You don't necessarily need a suit...just something smart. Look confident, smile, eye contact, sit comfortable. If you have a glass of water infront of you and you need to think about the answer take a sip of the water. It's a great stalling technique. Always think before you speak and make your answers clear and concise. Our interviews were all competency based so tell me how you have dealt with this so try and think of a few examples of when you have gone above and beyond your work or good examples of work you have done just incase. Read the job description thoroughly and match an example to as much as you can - just in case.

With regards to the being of sick if they ask tell them, be honest about what happened and why and that shows a lot of character and heart that you have dealt/dealing with the depression and by being confident shows you have a strong personality. I personally don't think they will ask though. Good luck x

They can only say positive things in a reference. I would echo that only tell them if you ask. We have recently just been interviewed for our own jobs so I can totally empathise. You don't necessarily need a suit...just something smart. Look confident, smile, eye contact, sit comfortable. If you have a glass of water infront of you and you need to think about the answer take a sip of the water. It's a great stalling technique. Always think before you speak and make your answers clear and concise. Our interviews were all competency based so tell me how you have dealt with this so try and think of a few examples of when you have gone above and beyond your work or good examples of work you have done just incase. Read the job description thoroughly and match an example to as much as you can - just in case.

With regards to the being of sick if they ask tell them, be honest about what happened and why and that shows a lot of character and heart that you have dealt/dealing with the depression and by being confident shows you have a strong personality. I personally don't think they will ask though. Good luck x

I know that my manager thinks I'm a good worker. And my boss says my work is good and they don't want to lose me (if I get this job I'd leave though).
I'm very bad at interviews. Being confident is going to be really tough but I'll try my best. I'm quite shy and embarrass easily. I get flustered. I really don't want to mess it up which makes me think I definitely will hahaha!!
Good tips.. I have no job spec to work off because the frickin agency never got back to me with it *sigh* so I'm gonna read up a lot on the company. I think the fact that one of my previous colleagues is now working there might work in my favour (I hope).

Thanks for saying it shows character but I think it would be a dealbreaker for a new job because they'd be afriad I'd go off sick again or something.

OH I also have 2 weeks holidays booked in Sept. Not sure if this is something I need to mention to a prospective job?

I don't have many smart clothes (my job at the mo I can wear any aul duds - I am a software developer after all so no one sees us :p). Would a black dress be ok (not a fancy thing, like a tunic type thing). Heels or flats, does it matter? AAAGH I'm nervous!!!!

Lol I doubt I'll be offered the job - this is all hypothetical in case I keep looking for other jobs after this interview goes belly up :p

Positive thoughts for positive results.. Repeat this until you leave the interview.. Obv don't speak it out loud whilst in the interview :p ha ha
I know that my manager thinks I'm a good worker. And my boss says my work is good and they don't want to lose me (if I get this job I'd leave though).
I'm very bad at interviews. Being confident is going to be really tough but I'll try my best. I'm quite shy and embarrass easily. I get flustered. I really don't want to mess it up which makes me think I definitely will hahaha!!
Good tips.. I have no job spec to work off because the frickin agency never got back to me with it *sigh* so I'm gonna read up a lot on the company. I think the fact that one of my previous colleagues is now working there might work in my favour (I hope).

Thanks for saying it shows character but I think it would be a dealbreaker for a new job because they'd be afriad I'd go off sick again or something.

OH I also have 2 weeks holidays booked in Sept. Not sure if this is something I need to mention to a prospective job?

I don't have many smart clothes (my job at the mo I can wear any aul duds - I am a software developer after all so no one sees us :p). Would a black dress be ok (not a fancy thing, like a tunic type thing). Heels or flats, does it matter? AAAGH I'm nervous!!!!
Black dress will be perfect.. If you're not used to heels, don't wear them to impress.. A nice kitten heel maybe?

Agree black dress perfect and whatever you are comfiest in. I'm a heels go so my killer heels give me confidence - especially when I go to court which part of my job entails.

You should tell them about your holiday and given notice periods and things it will probably just mean you start when you are back :) believe in yourself is honestly the best bit of advise. If you know you can do the job then sell yourself. Might be worth speaking to the person you know if you can for any tips on her interview/people/company.

Actually the black dress might be a bit short - I can't remeber. Not even sure it still fits :eek: Wonder where i could get nice interview clothes that aren't a fortune! I don't wear heels much but I want to look good and professional so I might wear a pair on the day. I've just been forwarded info on the company and the job spec there a little while ago so at least I have something to work off now!! Gotta freshly dye my hair this weekend too so it looks decent and shiny. Hopefully I can match my skills to the job and put my confident mask on when the day comes!! I'm very nervous though.

I can't remember what my notice period is... oh no!! How do I find out without straight up asking my boss - I don't want him to know I'm looking at another job just yet :( Crap!

Back