Back again, hoping third time's a charm

hello :) sounds like you're doing a great job, I'm not really properly sorted for my 800, but I will be soon.

weigh in day today, no change this week, still fighting with those late snacks, so a couple of days have been nearer the 1000 cals mark. I have not been sleeping well & struggling with the 16/8 window. I am feeling quite bloated and retaining fluid, probably my lupus flaring. i hope not as an increase in steroids would be a nightmare. Still think i can hit goal tho, hoping for a 2lb loss this week. I've also ordered a Seated Elliptical Trainer and some resistance bands, found some gentle seated exercise videos on YT, so going to start those and build up slowly. Only 1 week left on 800 so when my calories go up i think the weight might follow for a bit eek.

Last edited:
Yep, I found the evening snacks to be the worst thing for piling on weight.

I think you can continue 800 longer if you want to (check with someone professional tho) I did the blood sugar diet before and many people did it longer. I hope your Lupus stays at bay.

I think you can continue 800 longer if you want to (check with someone professional tho) I did the blood sugar diet before and many people did it longer. I hope your Lupus stays at bay.
Hey chilli, i didnt know that but i looked it up and as you said its ok with professional advice. i have noticed that any weight loss diet im on slows to a crawl after a few months, i think my body just adapts, I cant do much exercise either, so to fool my body for a bit im thinking of switching up to 800 every other day & slowly build up some gentle exercise. my lupus flare maybe a stress response so the most i can do is at least try to maintain for a month or 2 then i can repeat another 6-8 weeks @ 800. im hoping this way the snacking wont undo what i've achieved so far. im expecting the initial water gain when i switch but if it gets out of hand i'll just start another round of 800 early

sounds like a good plan, sticking to the right sort of food whilst increasing calories should help long term too. Sounds like you've done an amazing job despite the challenges, 63lbs off is fantastic!

I agree, you have lost 20% of your body weight which is amazing.

Weigh in day is here again, and after a lot of discipline this week I lost 3lbs, some of that was the fluid gain i think, definitely less puffy this week. This brings feb overall weight loss to 6lbs, certainly was a struggle to even achieve that this month, but this last minute woosh has saved it so ill take it.
I've umm and ahhh over whether to just continue at 800 or to give my body a break and maintain for a bit. In the end decided on a compromise, so back to alternate days with 2 weeks @800 every 6 weeks or so and a monthly goal of 5lbs losses. Just taking it slower and seeing how it goes.

Weigh in day 1lb loss this week which Im happy with as this is my first week of switching back to alternate days. its taking some getting use to upping my calories while trying to still keep my carbs low. Im continuing to keep to under 50g carbs on my 800 days and under 75 on my higher calorie days. i've been managing about 1300 but would like to increase it to 15/1600 and still lose at least a 1lb a week. I only have 2 meals a day plus a sweet treat or savoury snack in my IF 8 hour eating window and want to keep it approx 20 -25% carbs 30-35% protein and a moderate 40-50% fat. Still slowly building up my seated exercises, 5 minutes feels like a marathon with my health issues atm, but hoping to get to 10 mins a couple times a day at least.

Last edited:
Well done Dee!

I'm the same as you with the chair exercises, I can't manage to do loads, but it's a tortoise and hare thing eh, and focusing on the fact that it WILL improve - 15-20 mins a day over the last week and I am already feeling a slight improvement. I'm liking the More Health Life and the Yes to Next videos on YT.

Sounds like you're doing great, and definitely be tortoises rather than hares. I'm more sloth like today mind you!

Decided to have weigh in today as tomorrow is a no count day gonna be having wine & chocolate and meal of choice with no carb restriction. So 2lb loss this week, the weight gain from increasing my calories every other day didnt happen which is really great. the weight gain from this weekend will be another matter but we'll see.
Happy mothers day to all :)

Apologies in advance for this very long ramble.

Weigh in day and 1lb down after a mid week wobble. I was ready to throw in the towel after a referral i've been waiting on for 6 months to the tier 3 nhs weight management program got lost and had to be redone. This was part of a gastric band referral made in early 2020, although I wasnt that keen on surgery due to my health issues, at that point I was feeling desperate about finding a solution to my weight issues. This was part of the reason i started this weight loss journey last Aug as i knew i was going to get some additional support to continue and then maintain my weight loss. They offer an option similar to the Newcastle Diet & fast 800 which is 800 cals for 12 weeks, and then a 3 month program teaching healthy eating and up to a year or more ongoing support . My version of that while i was waiting was the fast 800 and returning to this forum for my support and yes it has worked for me so far, but i was crushed when i heard that my referral had been lost especially as im now under the 40+ bmi needed to be eligible and inching closer to the 35+ bmi for which diabetics can be considered. I've been here before many times, lost a lot of weight, ran out of steam, then regained it back and more. sorry to ramble but i was in a very bad place for 2 days, comfort eating going way over my calorie limits. Then I paused & looked at my progress so far & realised i only needed a 1lb loss to achieve a 5 stone/70lbs weight loss and be half way to a healthier BMI. So here I am after knuckling back down for the past 4 days and seeing today that i had undone any damage and even lost 1lb. Im happy about my achievements far, especially since I also heard that my blood glucose is the lowest its been in years, but torn on whether i should tread water and wait and see if im accepted onto the program all the time panicking about whether i'll lose my motivation and start going backwards in the meantime<sigh> But for today Yaaaaaaaaaaaay 5 stones goneeeeeee :)

Last edited:
Back