Back again, hoping third time's a charm

Thats brillant Dee. Well brillant about how far you have come and you acknowledging that. Tough about the referral getting lost, but you have achieved so much yourself. You have lost a quarter of a person, a great avhievement.

Last edited:
that's amazing to have lost 5 stone well done Dee! I hope you get on the list I'm not convinced they will be able to help teach you anything you don't already know but having the support to stay motivated might be great :)

Dee you rock!!!! 5 stone lost is a huge achievement, and you should be really proud of yourself!

I'm also so chuffed to read that you pulled yourself out of the comfort eating (which was completely understandable in the circumstances) and have focused on the bigger picture - that's so brilliant.

Big hugs, you've got this hun!

Hey Tipperary, Chilli & ladyfelsham. Thank you all for your supportive comments. This is why I love this forum, when your going through a wobbly patch. there are fellow dieters who knows the ups & downs of any weight loss journey. Who acknowledges your achievements even when we don't always see it ourselves (we can be our own worst critics) and supports you through your bad days without judgement, helping you to keep on pushing and boosting your motivation. It feels such a long road at times, and there are hurdles and potholes that life throws at you to make you stumble and want to give up, but Im feeling better about the referral, whether i get it or not i'll just keep on moving forward on this second half of my journey. :)

Brilliant! Congratulations on shedding 5 stone. I can't wait to join you. I look forward to following the rest of yr shedding and then your staying at goal.

Weighed in on Monday had a 2lb loss. weighed in again today for my end of month tally no change worth recording , making total losses for March 6lbs. My goal is 5lbs a month but a lb either way is still on track towards my next mini goal of 220, might be a little optimistic, but a good challenge. I'm happy with my progress & feeling more settled, so hoping to nudge into the 16 stone bracket this time next month, fingers crossed. :)

Other Non Scale Victories:
Spoke to the diabetic nurse and my doctor yesterday and my blood glucose and blood pressure have both improved. The diabetic nurse was quizzing me about my 12 week fast 800 low carb plan which may account for my lower BG and has cut my diabetes meds dosage in half and my doc did the same for my BP meds, seems fitting for being just over my halfway to goal mark, im am so relieved its going in the right direction and im rattling less.

Last edited:
Fantastic news Dee, especially being able to halve your medication, what a massive step forwards!

You're doing fantastic keep going!

Fantastic news that yr diabetes meds have been cut. Well done!

It’s amazing that your meds have been reduced, what an achievement. Well done!

Brilliant news Dee that all your hard work has paid dividends. Great that medication has been reduced. I hope felt like I did 2 weeks ago when they stopped my blood pressure medication I was so over the moon. Dr praised my weight loss.

Well its been a roller-coaster few weeks gaining and losing the same few lbs. 1lb up again this weigh in, making a total of 1lb loss so far this month.😞 I've been slacking on counting my cals and carbs or even keeping up my 16/8 IF. those extra snacks adds up.

At least there is some good news, I have been accepted for the NHS tier 3 weight management program so that will add an extra level of support and accountability for the next year all done via video calls and group sessions. It will also enable a quicker route to physio etc if needed. so im breathing a sigh of relief as this month has shown me how easy it is to lose motivation and backtrack especially when life keep throwing those curve-balls.

So im getting back into my 8 hour eating window, kicking off with a couple of weeks of fast800 to get me back in the groove. This time I'm mixing it up with a couple of those 200 cals meal replacement shakes/bars ( 'new you') with a 400 cal high protein low carb meal a day. Aiming for under 60g carbs & 80g protein daily, might be a tall order on so few cals. but we will see.

Hope the program helps and you can get back on track, but at least you're a little less than a month ago, and you haven't gained. How often are we sat here a month down the line 3 or 4 lb's up.

Well its been a roller-coaster few weeks gaining and losing the same few lbs. 1lb up again this weigh in, making a total of 1lb loss so far this month.😞 I've been slacking on counting my cals and carbs or even keeping up my 16/8 IF. those extra snacks adds up.

At least there is some good news, I have been accepted for the NHS tier 3 weight management program so that will add an extra level of support and accountability for the next year all done via video calls and group sessions. It will also enable a quicker route to physio etc if needed. so im breathing a sigh of relief as this month has shown me how easy it is to lose motivation and backtrack especially when life keep throwing those curve-balls.

So im getting back into my 8 hour eating window, kicking off with a couple of weeks of fast800 to get me back in the groove. This time I'm mixing it up with a couple of those 200 cals meal replacement shakes/bars ( 'new you') with a 400 cal high protein low carb meal a day. Aiming for under 60g carbs & 80g protein daily, might be a tall order on so few cals. but we will see.
I am pleased for you that you have been accepted by the NHS tier 3 management programme. I am sure the added support will help. I know when was giving up cigarettes I went to a group called new leaf it kept me accountable and I had the support I needed to kick the habit.

I just looked that up - it looks really sensible. I'll ask my GP about it and exercise referrals. I could do with some physiotherapy and help getting moving again.

Thank you all for your supportive comments, yesterday was a good start, I've decided to record these 2 800 cal weeks here and hope my IBS don't protest too much @ the high milk, egg and sweeteners content in these New You products.

Mon 26/4
@ noon I had a NY chocolate shake to break my fast , only 135 cals and tasted yummy
@ 3pm a NY caramel crisp bar 127 cals not so yummy but edible and a babybel light 50 cals
@ 6pm had some cornbeef hash made with cauli rice instead of potatoes 365
Then just before 8pm a skyr light and free yogurt, love these, 14g of protein for only 81 cals and a NY apple & cinnamon biscuit 38 cals.
Totals 796 cals 51 carbs and 75g protein

Not exactly the way they suggest, but having done 12 weeks of fast800 with just food before i don't feel i need the discipline that just having 4 meal replacement a day gives you. So its gonna be mix and match keeping to my macro goals within a 8 hour eating window.

@Ali, Good idea if the support is out there, go for it every little bit helps, i'll keep you posted on how it goes.

Its been a week on my fortnight of 800 cals ( so much for recording them all lol) im 3lbs down and just nudged into the 16 stone bracket YaY. Its been a very long time since I've weigh that. so I've lost 6lbs for April.
The shakes on the whole have been nice, the bars not so good but a couple of them was ok. The porridge I tried was lovely and it was nice to be able to include it and still stay under my daily carbs, but the jury is still out on the impact on my blood glucose, so i will test before and after on the remaining 2 i have left.
My IBS behaved fairly well thank goodness for that, grumbled a little but not enough to consider avoiding continual use and i found them convenient with only have to put any effort into my one meal a day.

Back