Back in the ring to take another swing....

Clarabow

Silver Member
First day back in the ring to have another swing at this VLCD malarky.

Introductions. Clara, 42 year old, stats at present 20st 7lb.

Been around the track with a VLCD before, successfully lost about 6 stone. Went back to my old eating habits and regained the weight. Had a brief return last year and lost 3 stone. So lesson of the experience is that I can be quite successful in loosing weight but haven't cracked the keeping it off bit, this time however I know where the battle begins for me.

Drop on by to say hello, great listener and need all the support I can get x

Welcome and Good Luck Clara

First day is going well thanks. Cant get over the amount of variety there is to choose from or how nice they taste. Get into ketosis and I'll be a happy girl :)

Hi Clara, I am sitting here waiting on the keto fairy to arrive myself after a weekend off, I think she's late though!!

I find the plan quite enjoyable and way better than other VLCD's, of course this place is brilliant too.

Here's to a great 100% day xxxx

Good luck Clarabow - I'm on day 3 am hoping for ketosis tomorrow but have read it can take up to 5 days so will be there by the weekend hopefully!

Head in the wrong place in May. Dithered with Slimming World for a while,first week after bank holiday weekend I had even put 3lb on. Confirmed to myself I dont have the patience or confidence in this healthy eating malarky, especially when I have significant ammounts to loose. Will need to address this when it comes to re-introducing food. On a VLCD I can loose weight however, quite quickly and reliably.

So given myself a shake, had a good think and am three days back on plan with Slim and Save. Starting to feel ok and in the zone. Weigh in day tomorrow, so we shall see how I get on.

Onwards and Downwards x

Welcome back Clara :) I'm back for a second stab at losing the weight. I've now gotten to the point where I feel I can achieve the goal I've set Myself. I'm taking it 1lb by 1lb and counting every day as day 1 ;) it works for my ickle brain ~lol~

I am also making a very big effort to keep track of the cals I have per day and honestly its the ONLY way to go for me. I have packed up a days worth of packs in little bands and just go through the day 1 pack at a time. I have also managed to get back to exercising...(5k run from nothing) was a tad silly but lesson learnt painfully!!!

I'm doing cycling now and getting the weight off consistently and steadily which is giving me the confidence that I WILL be able to keep the weight off this time round!

Also I'm blowed if I'm gonna be doing another diet like this again lol that being said I couldn't do a SW or WW just yet as I don't do well with portion sizes.

Good Lucky honey x x x

Thoughts from April Last Year.

Something I wrote Second Time Round in April 2011.

"In a very determined place this time round. I have painful arthritis in one of my knees and with the weight I am finding it hard to walk on occasion. I refuse to be stuck in a corner unable to move so the weight is comming off. END OF! Pain is a great motivator, but the thought of being helpless and not able to walk is even greater. One of my greatest fears was to be the fat lady in the corner so overweight she cant move. I will not let that happen, while I have breath in my body to do something about it.

Lighter life is the only way that I have found to reliably and consistenly shift a large amount of weight. I have tried every diet under the sun and loose a stone maybe two then I drift off. First time round I lost 5st, an unheard of achievement for me. I was lighter than I had been for 20 years. I found it a strange place to be in as I had a lot invested in being the big, bouncy, outgoing personality that I had created to keep me safe. I was very active in the Big Beautiful Women community and used to go to loads of social stuff, where the larger lady was adored. Being not a bad looking larger lady I had plenty of attention;) lol I found it very hard to cope with being slimmer. Loosing so much weight felt traiterous tomy firmly held belief that that Big is Beautiful, as I do believe Big is Beautiful as there are some stunning larger ladies out there. Curves are where it is at! Damn it that I wasn't born when Rubens was around I would have been the heigt of fashion. I could have been carried around in a sedan chair with hunky, burly porters, my bad knee wouldn't have been a problem.

Unfortunately however, to my cost I have found big isn't always healthy, and as I have got older health has most definitely become an issue I can no longer ignore. I'm finding that a lot of my friends from the BBW scene are facing the same issues. Many have had gastric bypasses and gastric bands, to varying degrees of success I have to say. Operations are not the quick fix that they are touted to be and some of the after effects are life long and quite unpleasant. So while I can do it this way I will do it this way and hopefully sort out my shocking relationship to food along the way. I firmly belive that until I get a better grip on that any weight loss option is doomed to failure. Did you know you can put all your weight back on even with a gastric bypass ?"

Second time round I lost 4 stone, then lost my way. Tried to restart in May, not happening. Seem to be in the Zone for day 3 so far. God willing I shall learn from the last two forray's into weight loss and will loose and then keep the weight off. So as the diary says ,,, "Back in the ring for another swing .... "

Onwards and downwards :eek:

Cooking with gas now, tracker sorted :D

Good luck Clara x I ve found s&s to be the nicest vlcd because of the variety of choice :)

Day 6
Ketosis well and truly here, thank God for that. I always feel so much better when I have got through the first couple of days. Generally feel really well on a high protein diet. So the question is why on earth do I go back to old patterns of eating which make me feel ill and tired. Surely there can be no comfort in that type of eating ?

First weigh in showed a loss of 1/2 lb a day so 3lb, not bad for a mid way weigh in. Started to see a bit more of a whoosh on the scales this morning.

Happy days
:D

Survived a rubbish day in work and a Friday night ,,, whey hey ! Roll on the weekend :)

My first day today.... to start on a friday was tough lol

Glad your well in ketosis. good luck xx

Well done Leeds, should be back in ketosis after the weekend for you. You've done well so far was that on Exante ?

Wotcha KatieRose, thanks for the post in my diary. Yes I cant believe how nice slim and save is, the flexibility and the choice is amazing to be fair. Has been little hardship so far.

Onwards and downwards x

Have found your diary! Look forward to following your progress xx

Sent from Jo's iPhone using MiniMins

Well if I do half as good as you, I'll be chuffed x

Survived a Saturday night ! Whey Hey .. go me ! Lol

Weekends are a particular struggle I find myself looking for food even though I'm not hungry. Allowing myself an extra pack seems to be helping me keep within boundaries.

Onwards and downwards x

I too find weekends the hardest if on hungry or feel like I am I ve been having extra veg . Here s to a good Sunday :) x

Survived the weekend, pleased with that. If there is a time when I am more likely to cave it is at a weekend. Definitely looking for food when I was not hungry, need to sort that out.

Sneaky weigh this morning and scales are looking good
:)

Back