Bailey's blasting off - Gotta start again :)

Well Done hun!! Hood Luck for tomorrow :)

I mean Good Luck for tomorrow. Hate these smart phones for all spell check and all that.Carry on...

Awww didn't realise she was still quite young :) glad you had a good sleep too! I often can't sleep but usually it's typically when the kids are having a good night and the nights when i actually sleep are the ones when they keep waking up!

Yeah she's just turned 14 months and only learned to toddle in the last couple of weeks. She's my first so it's all a bit of a learning experience! It's not been at all like what I expected, and I was really ill just after she was born, but we got through it and we're doing well now. I love her at this stage, I found the baby bit very frustrating and hard, but as she gets more independent I'm really enjoying it, I can't wait til she can talk. Lots of people said to me that it's a nightmare when they can walk but I love it.

Well it's 1pm, I've had 2 cups of coffee, 750ml water and a strawberry shake. Just spent 2 hours in a meeting, so couldn't drink too much water, can't keep leaving the meeting to go for a wee! So no more meetings now but I need to get on with some work. Water bottle at the ready. Hope everyone is having a good day xx

I'm the same, the older my two get the more i love it!! they are 3.5 and nearly 2. I've always wanted lots more children but not sure if I can face the baby stage again - which sounds terrible... but oh well! i think it's fab when they can walk and talk my 3year old amazes me every day and no tantrums or anything anymore as he can express himself with words - whereas sometimes when they are younger they get upset and frustrated as they can't tell you what is wrong! xxx

Oh Sage I know how you feel. I really want another so that my daughter isn't an only child (my partner has older children but the youngest is 18 years older than our daughter so they're never going to be close) but there are so many issues with that. The first being that I can't afford full time childcare for 2 children. I pay £650 a month for one, I could not afford £1300 a month for two :( I don't want to give up work because I would go crazy at home all day and I love my job and my career but I think I will always regret it if I don't at least try for another. But then I worry because I was so so poorly after having my baby, I got the whole post natal depression except mine was anxiety and panic attacks and not being able to sleep, and I ended up in hospital where they medicated me wrong and sent me into psychosis. It was horrible and I've had to have counselling to get over the fact I was hospitalised and they made me poorlier as now whenever I struggle to sleep I get so anxious and panicky I think I'm going psychotic again and I'm going to end up hospitalised again and I'm so scared of that it makes the anxiety and panic worse! And I'm not an anxious or panicky person, I'm practically horizontal I'm so laid back so it was incredibly scary and I couldn't cope with that again :(

I could wait until toddler was at school but I'm already 33 and OH is 46 so we don't have all the time in the world, and I don't know whether in 4 year's time I'll want to go back to the beginning with a new born, I'd rather get the baby stage done!

Oh what to do :( I'm struggling to afford everything at the moment and we only have 1! Am trying to sell my car but it's not selling. Dunno what to do or think.

Oh I'm so sorry to hear about everything you went through! I'm currently doing a project on better information to be given to mums about postnatal mental illnesses - i.e. creating a pack to give when they leave hospital of loads of resources for them but also a special leaflet for the partner as they are usually the ones that recognise the signs first (especially puerperal psychosis) etc. A subject very close to my heart.

I started trying when my eldest was 9 months as the older he got i knew i wanted at least another child and wanted to get the postnatal period over with ASAP which is why they are quite a close age gap!

Well I am really p1ssed off! Haven't weighed in for 4 days so I excitedly get on the scales to find that despite sticking to less than 800 kcals a day I have not lost any weight in fact I've gained 1/4 lb :(

I've drunk loads of water, I've been in ketosis the whole time, I have eaten little bits of protein but that's been like 2 baby bels or 1 egg or something. Last week I went a bit mad on peanuts so this week I've stayed away with the exception of probably less than 10 I nicked off OH.

I have been basically doing WS and they say you can still lose plenty of weight a month on that so why can't I? So f&@ked off today it's unbelievable! I can maintain my weight eating food! Why am I bothering to do this when I'm not even losing weight??

Hey hey hey calm down hun!!! If you are not losing weight it doesn't mean you are not losing inches. I been through all this, don't give up on this.From now on start checking your inches as well.so good luck.Stay positive. Check you later after work stay strong till then take care.

Thanks Harry. 1.5 cups of coffee, 1 vanilla shake and 1 litre of water down so far at 12.41pm, and now my system has just screwed up and I might lose all the work I've done this morning, I can't save it and I don't want to discard it and it won't let me commit the changes so I'm hopping mad because the error message it's giving me doesn't even make sense! One of the software developers is looking at it for me now.

I'm away from tonight for 3 nights with the toddler, so I won't be able to weigh in until Sunday morning so I'll keep plodding on til then and see what happens. Hopefully a big drop! But I won't hold my breath.

Thank God you are doing so well I thought u r going to give up after ur comment. Stay Focused hun, and try not to check ur weight every now and then.Sometimes you start thinking that you are not losing enough so just give up.Start measuring your weight once a week and at the same time of the day.Good Luck!!

Hi bailey, dont give up!! you are doing so well it will be a different story when you next WI just stick with it, i know what you mean about sticking to it and not showing straight away on the scales it can be so disheartening but wait and see what happens with your next WI i am sure you will see the difference x:)

Hey Bailey, sorry that your weigh in wasn't so good :(

Have you tried going a week or two without weighing in? I think sometimes its better for you brain!!!! I hope you see better results next week hun xx

I think you're right Sage, I think I'll leave it til next weds to weigh in. I don't feel like I'm losing weight :( I was on a training course at a training centre in Manchester today and I'm back there again tomorrow. I'm not hungry but I don't feel like I'm in proper ketosis either? I've had 2 packs today and 3 decaf machine coffees with milk (I can't drink it black) then stupidly I went for a walk to the Xmas market and ended up buying a piece of cheese. Had a few mouthfuls cos it's only protein right? But then I reached my senses and chucked it in the bin! Why did I even buy it? I wasn't hungry! Silly behaviour :(

I haven't had anything else. I avoided the biscuits and the cakes and my mum's cooked tea this evening and now I'm glugging my water. I still feel like I'm doing my best with this. I haven't touched a carb in 2 weeks now. Haven't fallen off the wagon and had takeaway! I just need the weight to come off now!

I'm hoping you get a nice surprise with your next weigh in hun, when i did the diet in the past I'd find that I had a good week after a bad one... if you see what i mean? As long as I stuck to it.

Hope your doing well other than that xxx

Try to stay away from weighing machine for week or so.you know after first week everyone lose about 2 pounds per week.Good Luck for ur training hun.Try to concentrate on ur training. You will be amazed with ur weight lose after one week.stay focused and try to avoid that protein nibbling.I know it's only protein but it has calories in it and we don't need extra calories. Try to increase ur water intakes, whenever you feel hungry drink water. (The more you drink the more you shrink)

Thanks guys. Well I haven't nibbled on anything. I have had 3 milky coffees but I'm not going to beat myself up over that. Had a TESCO bar this morning - one of the meal replacement ones, and had a banana shake at about 5.30pm. Still got one pack to have. I've drunk plenty of water too. And my trousers are falling off me :)

Wow fantastic your trousers are getting too big!!!! :D xx

Wow that's good news, see I told you.Well Done you.Carry on...

Well I didn't manage to stay off the scales. Weighed in this morning on day 19 and I've now lost 9lbs. So 9lbs in 18 days. That's not great is it?

Why is it so slow? How come others lose that and more in their first week? Anyone else also finding it slow going?

I did actually have a minor blip last night, the first time. Went out for drinks and nibbles and had diet coke, but also had a few crisps and a piece of ciabatta bread. OH got takeaway when he got home so I had brie slices with his left over chips. Was nice to taste something! Back on plan 100% today. No nibbling on anything. I'm not hungry this morning so I guess I haven't knocked myself miles out of ketosis. Just having a nice glass of water. I'm so bored with water!

Back