Puddings Baked Blackberry Cheesecake (0.875 syns a slice)

Kwise1

 THE WISE ONE 
I have been rummaging through my cookbooks and I stumbled across a section called low-fat cakes and bakes. This is delicious and at only 7 syns for the whole cake ( 0.875 syns a slice ( 1.75 for 2 pieces - accurately measured - rounded up would be 2 i guess) . I am sure for a few more syns it would be worth crushing up digestives to make a base:)

Serves 8 - preheat oven to 150 C fan/ 180 C / 350 F/ Gas 4.

Spray frylight to coat a 7" sandwich tin

6oz low fat natural cottage cheese
5oz fat free natural yogurt
1 tblsp plain wholemeal flour (3 syns)
5 tsp silverspoon light granulated sugar (2.5 syns)
1 egg
1 egg White
Finely grated rind and juice of 1/2 lemon
169.5g blackberries (1.5 syns)
Some extra blackberries to serve

Place cottage cheese in a food processor and blitz til smooth.
Add yogurt, flour, sugar, egg and egg White and blitz.
Pour into a bowl and add lemon juice and rind and blackberries. Stir until mixed well
Pour into tin
Bake for 30-35 minutes or until it is just set.
Turn off oven and leave for a further 30 minutes
Run a palette knife around the edge and turn out cheesecake ( I push down using a large tin to balance on)
Decorate with fresh blackcurrants and serve.
Yum

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Attachments

• image-3309877421.jpg
    image-3309877421.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 1,006
  • image-3827865072.jpg
    image-3827865072.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 502
Last edited:
Hi Val

It tasted like proper cheesecake , not too sweet and not like sweetener!! Nice and fruity and very yummy. Very quick and easy to make which is a bonus.

I am thinking if adding a base of 4 crushed digestives- what d'ya reckon??

Kx

Technically as you are baking it you would need to syn the fruit so it will be higher in syns than quoted. Also SW don't work in fractions of a syns other than halves so you need to round up accordingly.

Hiya

Blackberries have been synned - they are 1.5 syns in the recipe when cooked. Thankyou for the advice- I do round up when putting on my diet sheet, so leave it up to the individual to count it :)

It is yummy!!

Circes said:
Okay - great!

I have edited the recipe to include the syns by each synned food to help.

Kx

mmm this sounds yummy will definitely give it a try. Thanks for the recipe.:)

mmhhh..that sounds really nice..!!wonder what it would be like with quark..

The quark worked fine, the cheesecake wasnt to my taste... I still need to get over the fact that its not going to taste like tesco finest cheesecake lol ( that being one of the reasons im on slimming world!!!)
Hubby loved it and has polished most of it off!! We used blueberrys as he loves them :)

nannis said:
The quark worked fine, the cheesecake wasnt to my taste... I still need to get over the fact that its not going to taste like tesco finest cheesecake lol ( that being one of the reasons im on slimming world!!!)
Hubby loved it and has polished most of it off!! We used blueberrys as he loves them :)

Try it with cottage cheese - it's so much better than quark !

Kx

Back