• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Ball/Evening Gowns??

Cambridge Diet Counsellor
Hi Ladies,

Just wondering if any of you have any suggestions as to where I can get a nice ball gown from? My oh passes out of the police in January and I need a dress to wear. Now not knowing anyone else I don't know what the other girls will be wearing so I dont know if it is a long dress or any dress type affair.

I've seen a beautiful one in Karen Millen but it is only knee length - do you think this would be ok???

I've looked at the usual Karen Millen, Coast, Monsoon & Debenhams but I fancy something a bit different!

Any ideas??

N xxx
Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

Loving the Cambridge Diet
Ebay is the best place.

Also there are some Sellers in China and India who do eveningwear made-to-measure, which are fabulous. I know folks whom have bought from them and the dresses have been stunning. You choose your style and the colour and they make it up for you - the prices are astonishingly low too.

Longing 2 b a yummy mummy
Hey Nathalie,

I always look on ebay too, as I have had a few dresses from china/hong kong and they have been lovely and a fraction of the price...:-
31bf_10.jpg ce2b_1_bol.jpg christmas dress.jpg

These are 3 I am looking at for christmas, all made in the far east...

I love that first red dress it's stunning!!!! I would love to wear something like that, but 1) I have red hair, so a big no no and 2) I don't have the figure yet!!!!

I hired a full length ballgown last year for a Royal Engineers do and it was beautiful - got lots of comments. It was really unusual - cost me £70 to hire but cost in the region of £500..

Do you have anywhere you could hire from?

I didn't want to spend out on something that I would probably only get to wear once especially if you do want something a bit unusal and different.

H xx

Loving the Cambridge Diet
The beauty of having a dress made is that it would cost less than £70 and afterwards you could still sell it on Ebay!!

Have you tried Coast - they had some fab bits when I was looking last week for my launch.

Cambridge Diet Counsellor
Yeah I did thanks Hanna, I had a good look in coast when I was there at the weekend but I want something a bit different as people always go to those shops. ALthough there is a gorgeous black one that I like hmmm decisions deicsion hehe...:)
TK MAX - absolutely fab you'll prob get 1 for about £40.

Going for Goal!
I have a ball gown dress you may have. I was going to sell my Bridesmaid dress. It is a dusky pink colour, and also comes with a matching shawl.
Email me if curious and i'll link you a picture. x x x