Ball/Evening Gowns??

Nathalie20

Cambridge Diet Counsellor
Hi Ladies,

Just wondering if any of you have any suggestions as to where I can get a nice ball gown from? My oh passes out of the police in January and I need a dress to wear. Now not knowing anyone else I don't know what the other girls will be wearing so I dont know if it is a long dress or any dress type affair.

I've seen a beautiful one in Karen Millen but it is only knee length - do you think this would be ok???

I've looked at the usual Karen Millen, Coast, Monsoon & Debenhams but I fancy something a bit different!

Any ideas??

N xxx

Ebay is the best place.

Also there are some Sellers in China and India who do eveningwear made-to-measure, which are fabulous. I know folks whom have bought from them and the dresses have been stunning. You choose your style and the colour and they make it up for you - the prices are astonishingly low too.

Hey Nathalie,

I always look on ebay too, as I have had a few dresses from china/hong kong and they have been lovely and a fraction of the price...:-
31bf_10.jpgce2b_1_bol.jpgchristmas dress.jpg

These are 3 I am looking at for christmas, all made in the far east...

Love

Nikki,

I love that first red dress it's stunning!!!! I would love to wear something like that, but 1) I have red hair, so a big no no and 2) I don't have the figure yet!!!!

Wow!!!

Nat

I hired a full length ballgown last year for a Royal Engineers do and it was beautiful - got lots of comments. It was really unusual - cost me £70 to hire but cost in the region of £500..

Do you have anywhere you could hire from?

I didn't want to spend out on something that I would probably only get to wear once especially if you do want something a bit unusal and different.

H xx

The beauty of having a dress made is that it would cost less than £70 and afterwards you could still sell it on Ebay!!

that dress is gorgeous think it would be better if it was floor length but either way it is fab.

Thanks I thought the same but I love the low back on it hmmm will have to see what it looks like, Luckily Im only 5"2 so it is at least knee length! :D

Nathalie

Have you tried Coast - they had some fab bits when I was looking last week for my launch.

H

Yeah I did thanks Hanna, I had a good look in coast when I was there at the weekend but I want something a bit different as people always go to those shops. ALthough there is a gorgeous black one that I like hmmm decisions deicsion hehe...:)

Natalie,
I have a ball gown dress you may have. I was going to sell my Bridesmaid dress. It is a dusky pink colour, and also comes with a matching shawl.
Email me if curious and i'll link you a picture. x x x

Back