Barb's slow but steady improvement diary!

fantastic barb!! a stone in four weeks. well done you!! and you've done it all sensible and have had the odd treat this week.

i think i'm back in the game. for one thing we have no money so i can't buy snackables and sweeties any more, but even so, i just don't have the constant hankering i have been having. still struggling with the having to eat for painkillers thing but i think it was a phase i just had to get through. hopefully over the next week i'll be able to lose a chunk of the extravagant amount of weight i've put on. i'm now 10lbs heavier than i was before christmas. bloody annoying since i lost half a stone of that already... but hopefully i'll get back to where i was over the next week. lots of water required!! and the exercise has gone up so it's all good for now...

abz xx

Thanks Abz and Mandy. I do feel pleased, in fact encouragingly I feel almost like I did the first week. Really inspired and excited, I think I had told myself for so long that I was useless and would never lose weight that i really believed it. I know now that I can lose weight, if I have a sensible plan and I STICK to it!
I actually do feel different too - lighter and better. I am excited at the difference the next stone will make and then the one after that.

I have a plan I can live with and determination like I've never experienced before. Four weeks into my plan and I am keener than ever. That is an absolute first!

Day 30, it's going to be a good one!

Not really Abz, the 37lb goal will take me to the lowest i have been in 20 years but I will still be around a size 18. I may want to go lower than that, technically i'll still be obese, which doesn't concern me too much, it's more about how I feel. I think I'll know when I feel right.

I put the 30April target end date to give me a definate time scale and also because we go on our Baltic cruise in early May and dieting will not be part of my life for that. When i get back i will either decide I'm happy as i am or I will set another goal and start and finish date.
I am consious that at 50 I will look better at a weight higher than I would have aimed for in my 20's, but exactly what I settle for is still
unknown. The nice thing with this plan is that I can live with it and when it comes to maintaing I can tweak the cals up a bit and hopefully stay the same. I think I will always do a bit of cal counting from now on. I am shocked at what, in my ignorance/denial I was consuming and I'm never going back to that.

i know barb. it's always terrible to count up what you've had on a day when you weren't thinking about it. i think i'm always going to have to consider it to some degree, which is depressing in one sense as it's basically remaining on a diet forever, but at the same time it isn't, because it will prevent me from having to do it all over again...

abz xx

Thats how I see it Abz - not having to do it again I mean. I see this as a job that wants sorting, bit like tidying out a cupboard and then instead of letting it get in a total state before I tackle it again I will keep an eye on it and tidy it regularly! Hmmm, sounds good in
theory!

A good day yesterday, finished on 1364, quite high for me during the week but we really fancied some wine with dinner, so we had some. Still well under my 1500 cal limit and so happily in control!
Day 31, I'm ready!

Thanks Clarri - can't quite believe it myself! But it's happening, I'm really doing it. Looking forward already to the next weigh-in, I love seeing my ticker change and adding a 'grinning smilie' - i'm such a child!

sounds like you are getting well ahead of us barb. i am not quite sticking to my 1000 cals limit, but i'm still under 1500. as predicted the sudden weight loss of yesterday is a thing of the past and i mysteriously gained 4lbs back today, so it was a scales blip methinks. still. i'm still going down... so hopefully i won't have a huge huge gain on weigh in day on monday, just a huge one :)

abz xx

Oh Abz, you can't gain on 1500, can you?

I'm in a good place at the moment and I am grateful for it. I know how quickly things can change though so I'm not getting cocky. I'm just chuffed that it's going well and that I am beginning to feel some benefits.

Good day yesterday - finished on 1481 - happy with that as it was a hungry day and i could have eaten way over 1500 but I didn't, go me!

Noticed a really good difference yesterday; went to Waitrose and you either go in the lift or climb 2 fairly long flights of steps. I always take the steps but am normally panting by the top. Yesterday i went up them quickly and easily, no panting. Thats the difference just one stone makes! Think what 2 or 3 will do! Exciting stuff!

DH continues to be so encouraging and supportive. He really believes in me and said last night that he is completely convinced I will achieve what i have set out to achieve. Thats a really good thing to hear.

so good to hear barb :D i had a bit of a blow out last night but when i weighed in this morning i seem to be the same so i'm just going to grit my teeth and carry on. but i can see that it was total self sabotage. so back on the wagon and even more strict than before. i have realised that i only have around four months before i have my final wedding dress fitting and damn it i need to be thin by then!!

abz xx

Don't be too strict Abz, that can end up as sabotage too. Just try your best and forget last night. We all ahve blips and you have had a lot of stress lately. That has such a big effect on all of us.

Love

Thanks Clarri - it's the thought of those Monday weigh ins that keeps me going!

Very good day yesterday, finished on 1288, which I am very happy with.
Woke up with that 'Friday Feeling' so will have to watch myself today. Already have the 'end of the week, lets celebrate thoughts going on'!

C'mon Barb, be a good girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

only a couple of days until weigh in barb. don't mess it up now :D you're doing so so so well.

did i tell you that it was your diary i first found when i googled and discovered minimins back in may or june? so it's your fault i'm on here at all :p

abz xx

Abz, thats brilliant, no you didn't tell me. I feel well chuffed now.

It's weird isn't it, how these feelings change daily. Sometimes I feel so strong and others, like today, I just can hardly be bothered.

My asthma is playing up a bit, which i put down to stress. We have had a really difficult year, since it started really, and I think it's getting to me. Every breath today is a bit of an effort. I feel like just laying down really and would like to be let off 'normal duties'. Not very likely!
We have 4 kids, they are all lovely in their own ways but have all been problems lately. They are grown up but that doesn't make any difference! They still come to us to sort them out. That on top of caring for my elderly parents whilst running 3 businesses; well it gets a bit much at times and today I feel weighed down.
Oh well, moan over, I guess everything will sort itself out. Meantime, i will try and take it a bit easier.

i'm feeling much the same today barb, although without the kids!! the world just doesn't like me much today...

Back