BaysideJ's Diary- one year on plan!!!!(most of the time)

BaysideJ

Starting over
Hi, thought it was time to start one of these as the motivation is waning and I think I gained this week ( didn't weigh in so don't know exact damage, my scales suggest 1.5 lbs)

I live in Kent with hubbie and 2 daughters. Work in a school so currently enjoying the holidays:)

I've started exercising more, walk most days, use treadmill several times a week and have started some toning exercises.

Just need to get my motivation levels back up as am going on holiday next week and I can feel myself slipping off plan.

Will do a food diary this week to keep me on plan as much as possible.

Two events for this week, daughters birthday and my wedding anniversary- meals out and party food eek!

Right, have done half an hour on the treadmill and 50 sit ups, and a few arm toning exercises.
had a yogurt for breakfast- not hungry after the exercise
lunch- feta cheese salad, mini milk (1.5) and alpen light(HEB)
snack - another alpen light and muller light.
Need to go shopping for more fruit.
Dinner- will make quorn chilli and rice and have taco trays (3 syns each)

The weather is pants but hope to go for a walk after dinner.Sunny now but keep getting torrential rain bursts.

It's great that you have started a diary Bayside ~ I love reading other peoples' diaries!! Well done on your exercise, that was a massive bike ride the other day!!

Hope you have lovely time on your anniversary and at your daughter's birthday party ~ enjoy xx

well, finished off yesterday with some melon , salt and vinegar popcorn(my daily odd treat- i love it and hate it at the same time!!) and a walk for about an hour. Had a 100% day but had 12 1/2syns which is quite high for me for a weekday.

Fab stuff! You will be just fine!

Where in Kent are ya?
x

In north kent right by the sea so great for walks and bike rides. Love living here as it's so easy to get to London too and we enjoy day trips there. Not too bad to get to Bluewater and Lakeside too:)

Last edited:
Im in Bexleyheath and I would live in Bluewater if I could lol - Im off there this eve with friend for dinner and a mooch lol
x

Im in Bexleyheath and I would live in Bluewater if I could lol - Im off there this eve with friend for dinner and a mooch lol
x

Have a good time:)

I'm being good so far today
B- Oats so simple with sk milk
L- mugshot, strawberries and a mullerlight
snack- mini milk

no exercise as yet- just a whopping pile of ironing done:(

ah, not so good now:( Went for a lovely walk across the clifftops to a nice pub and had 2 halfs of lager. Have now also polished off 2 glasses of wine, oh dear:(

well, just did a 20 mile bike ride , was great but the good old british weather had the last laugh and soaked us to the skin over the last 2 miles ( which were also uphill:( )

quiet day today. Been good so far;
B- Porridge
L- AH couscous, banana, alpen light
snack- another alpen light
D- will be stir fry with quorn chunks and noodles
saving my syns for wine with hubby later, he's gone fishing with my younger daughter.

Tomorrow is our 18th wedding anniversary so looking forward to a flexi night out.

Thanks Mary.

Well, I've added a couple of photos in my profile so you can see how I looked and look now, half way through this journey. I'm embarassed at how awful I looked really, but at least I'm on the road to a happier , healthier me now:)

Last edited:
Hi Gemma, weekend so so in terms of SW. Drank too much wine and lager:eek: But it was a good weekend, mainly good weather so went for a mega bike ride.

Have been struggling a bit with motivation; I'm on school hols at the moment and I always gain weight during holidays so it's a challenging time.

Off on holiday next week so looking forward to that.

Today is my 18th wedding anniversary so will be going out for dinner later:)
Hope you had a great weekend.

well, had a flexi night for our anniversary. Went to a chinese buffet, probably not the best option for someone that likes eating and was determined to eat what she wanted after 4 months of good SW behaviour:) Ate lots and had some wine too.
Sneakily weighed myself this morning and it's not looking good for weigh in tomorrow:(
So did an hour's workout this morning- found an old Rosemary Conley dvd on my shelf and did that.
Am going to have a 100% day today as weigh in is tomorrow and then I'll have 2 weeks without weigh ins due to holiday.

Hope everyone else has a great day:)

Glad you had a nice time on your anniversary Bayside, I love chinese buffets, so much choice!! All that exercising will pay off! Not long to your hols now, bet you are excited! You look lovely in your photos hun, you should be really proud of your hard work. Good luck for WI tomorrow xx

Thanks Mary, it's funny looking at the photos as there is such a difference but you don't notice it as much as you plod along.

I'm looking forward to the holiday, just a few bits and pieces to buy. Had to buy new clothes as my old swimming costumes and shorts were soooo big:)

Back