Beating the Bulge... once and for all

Cheers my dears,

It's a good kind of crazy. Went out for a friends birthday on Sat to Wahaca in Soho (so amazing I didnt care what I ate, just ate!!) Sunday I watched my old team play rugby then spent most of the evening in A&E with a friend who dislocated her knee. Monday at work I had to have a big meeting with my boss about a lady at work who'd been being an absolute b i t c h to me, and then that evening my mate came over from Belfast for work in London, so we went out for dinner on expenses as a way of her thanking me to stay. Tuesday lunch time my Dad had a meal opposite where I work for a retirement thing with his close work mates. Tomorrow evening there's a BIG retirement do in some army barracks in town, so this evening i've had to find an outfit, do my hair and nails so I can go striaght from work tomorrow night. Friday I may go to the pub with some rugby friends. Saturday night I'm seeing my best friend. Sunday I'll probably collapse in a heap.

IT'S JUST CRAZY!!

So I'm trying as hard as I can to stick to the plan where possible, but the lack of being able to pre plan has panicked me slightly. People have already started to see me looking thinner and I'll be damned if I give up now. I had a success express day today to counteract the two meals out. Just trying to get my head around tomorrow, I think I'm going to do EE and limit myself to one or two drinks when I'm at the retirement thing as I've work the next day.

I'm not good without structure - I'm quite the control freak!

Next week should be fine as I'll be back at rugby and I'm far enough into my work routine to introduce the gym, so with a bit of hardwork my losses should get better and my body a little trimmer.

Right need to straighten my hair and finish the nails, then bed time!

Hi Becca, sounds like you still have your head in the right place, even if life is getting in the way of the eating plan a bit! It is probably the worst scenario when we don't feel in control, but don't let that be an excuse for not trying to stick to plan. I've done that before - almost an 'Oh well, I can't help it, it's not my fault' excuse for over-indulging when there were lighter-syn options available had I looked for them!

Think about the difference between a planned flexi-syn day for a special occasion and an 'oh well, I'll just call it a flexi-syn day' excuse after poor choices... Hope that's helpful!

Have just read through your thread and you have some lovely food and lots of variety, which is great - the other trap I fall into too often is having the same foods, especially HEA and HEBs, all the time.

You're doing really well - stick with it! x

Okay, so amazing week over it's a bit of a bump back down to reality. But I'm glad, it means I can get back on track. I'm not going to feel guilty, I know that there will be times when this happens so it's just a case of dusting yourself off and plodding on again. I have a sneaking suspicion that Monday's WI won't be pretty, but I'll have to take responsibility.

The plan for tomorrow is to get up early and go to the gym, start as I mean to go on! Very excited for getting back to rugby on Tuesday, worried my fitness will be poor so getting on that ASAP. Might even fit in a 30DS session.

Thanks for that advice Spanx, can't say I followed it this week but that mentality is something I'd like to build on.

Happy Monday my lovelies!

In a cracking mood this morning, even though I scalded my lip on my coffee and my train was cancelled. Why is that I hear you cry?!, well I have somehow managed to lose half a flipping pound. Unbelievable ey??

But this does not mean that I shall be indulging myself like I "HAD" to last week, oh no no. This is going to be a 100% week with a couple of success expresses thrown into the mix. I'm back at training Tues and Thurs and have a game on Sunday. Therefore I will have to up my fitness in between other I'll be 'blowing out my ass' during the match.

Ergo, my aims for the week:
* Mon/Wed/Fri/Sat do half an hour of fitness be that Wii Fit, Nike training app, 30DS or the gym
* Write down EVERYTHING I eat
* Stick to 10syns a day, or 70 overall

Today is a Green day:

B: Mushroom and Spinach omelette. 1/2 grapefruit
L: Rice and Bean salad with mixed leaves.
2 Babybels (hex a 1) Strawberry mullerlight. 2 clementines
D: Veg curry
S: Banana. 2 alpen light bars (hex b 1) Slice toast (hex b2 ) Nutella (4syns) Highlights Hot Choc (2syns)

Weekly syns: 6/70

Syn update:

Didn't have toast and nutella as my hex b 2 and syns. Instead had a handful of mixed nuts that I finely chopped as a hex b in my fruit and yoghurt. Delish! Trying to be more inventive with my healthy extra's as I started to get bored of the porridge and alpen light bars!

Also at lunchtime I split pack of a caramel bunny's with my boss. So 5syns. Weekly syns - 5/70

Loving the positivity and the non-complacency given the loss after the naughtyish week! Just goes to show that boosting the metabolism and keeping on plan when you can obviously works! Well done Becca, so pleased for you! And sharing those bunnies is the way forward...there's no way I could resist the second one if it was just sat there!! Xxx

Brilliant post Becca! Looks like you've got yourself a plan there! Xx

I split the bunny mainly because my boss has increased my contract by 2 weeks as well as recommending me for a promotion on another project! Very exciting!!

Plan for today EE:

B: 35g porridge oats (hex b) with 150ml almond milk (1/2 hex a) and a chopped banana
L: Wholemeal pasta with tuna, peas and sweetcorn and a green salad, toms and beetroot.
D: Roast chicken slices, 2 carrots
S: 1 babybel (1/2 hex a) clementines, apple, alpen light toffee choc (3syns). Chocolate Aero Lamb (7syns)

Weekly syns: 15/70

I will probably eat more for dinner, but i'm winging it to training and always am starving by the time I get there. So that's just a snack in the meantime! Also trying to have a diff breakfast each morning to spice it up a little, don't want to get stuck in a food rut. On an exercise note, didn't manage to do anything last night, although I did walk an extra tube stop.

EE today

B: 2 rashers of bacon fat removed, scrambled eggs, grilled tomatoes and mushrooms. Berries and yoghurt tsp honey and granola (3syns)
L: Cous cous with chicken and a mixed salad
D: ??
S: Cherry mullerlight, clementines, apple, 2 alpen lights (hex b), Lindor Lindt egg (9syns)

Syns: 30/70

Went training last night, only made 45 mins as I got stuck on a train because someone was trespassing on the tracks. But it felt good to be running around and tackling!! Has given me a boost to try and do things when I get in from work.

On the syns, I had a tiny slice of cake last night because of a generally rubbish day, so I believe I am either bang on syns target or slightly over.

Had macaroni cheese for dins, so got in my hex a and kept within the syns. Until I made a cake for my friend at work, and probably ate about 2 tablespoons of buttercream. Oopsie. So no syns for me tomorrow to be on the safe side. And probably some extra situps and crunches.

Good day today, was 100% on plan. EE as usual.

B: 35g porridge oats (hex b) with 200ml almond milk (1/2 hex a) and blueberries
L: Veg soup. Babybel (1/2 hex a) Vanilla yoghurt and grapes
D: Tuna pasta with peas and sweetcorn. Vanilla yoghurt with dark chocolate and two clementines
S: Apple, carrots

Had an awesome FULL training session tonight, and a syn free day!! Resisted temptation to have an eat natural bar this evening as I know tomorrow will involve eating the cake I have made, and I'm going to White Chapel street market for lunch. Going to try and have a SF filled breakfast so I'm not ravenous by lunch time and get something very naughty.

Over and out.

Today's food. EE

B: Fruit and yoghurt with alpen light bar (hex a)
L: Chicken pad thai (syns unknown)
D: Fish pie with asparagus and mange tout
S: Cake, Apple, Starbucks skinny venti latte (milk as hex a), black forest fruit and muller vanilla yoghurt with chocolate

Think I'm all synned up for the week so will try and be as good as I can this weekend. Am going to the gym in the morning and have a match on Sunday. Sneaky peak at the scales this morning had me down 2 pounds so I'll be damned if I ruin that!!

Good day today. Managed a 30DS workout and kept low on the ol' syns.

B: Boiled egg and soldiers (1/2 hex b) berries and yoghurt
L: Veg soup with dark rye ryvita (1/2 hex b)
D: Lasagne al forno with philly & parmesan (hex a)
S: Caramel Snack a jacks (2syns) Homemade carrot and patsnip crisps

The recipe for dinner came from the latest SW mag, and was delicious!! I used turkey mince instead of beef and added some philadelphia light and parmesan to the topping so I would get in my hex a. Good shout by me! It tasted amazing. Also made a big old batch of lentil soup that I'll keep in the fridge at work so I don't have to worry about lunches in the mornings, also have alsagne left over that can live in the work fridge.

Off to get some shut eye now, match day tomorrow!!

x

Well tickle me pink and call me Aunt Nora, my scales this morning told me I lost 2.5lbs! Not going to lie, it gave me a fright and I did the step on step off thing. I am over the moon. So glad I stuck ot my guns and limited my syns once I'd fallen off the wagon. It probably had a lot to do with running around in the freezing cold for my rugby match yesterday, but I don't care. I can now call myself 13 and half stone! Incredible.

Massive incentive to do a 100% week properly this time around! No messing around with syns, sticking to the plan the way SW would want me to do it. I'll make sure I make my two rugby sessions and fit in at least 3 extra bits of excercise as that will be one extra than last week. I guess my loss goes to show how much difference doing a bit of exercise makes!

Really wanting another big loss for next week, although STS will be pretty magnificent. Reason being that 13st5 was the lightest I got to last time I did SW alone. I used to weigh over 15st and lost a lot, but obviously it crept back on. So to get below this milestone is going to be a pretty major one for me. To be so close to it feels insane, and I know I won't let myself down this near.

So EE week for me, no Success Expresses.

Today:
B: Bowl of fruit and yoghurt
L: Lentil soup & 2 ryvita rye (1/2 hex b) Muller clementine + choc with 2 clementines
D: Pork stir fry. Bowl of fruit
S: Alpen light (1/2 hex a) Latte (hex a +3syns) Hot chocolate with marshmallows (7syns)

Week syns 10/70

Back