Because I need to be accountable somewhere!!!

Sorry I missed posting before you left for holiday, but I hope you are having a fantastic time and will catch up when you are back x

Hi all :)

Well, I am back, and frankly shocked by the scales.
Although I was eating I made mindful choices and kept portions low but I have gained a huge amount of weight. I am really hoping some of it is just retention!
Hope everyone is doing well, trying to catch up with everyones diaries. x

I could well be just water.... and I think when we are away from our own toilets it affects our bodily functions lol (sorry for the input of too much information) ;)

YOU'RE BACK!!! It was so quiet without you :) I hope you had an amazing holiday. You're so brave weighing yourself as soon as you're back too. And you probably are retaining water, so worth weighing again in a few days once it's all flushed out your system. I'm sure it's not as bad as you think x

Welcome back! I hope your holiday was lovely! :D Don't worry about any gains, they will come right off within 2 weeks or so. I had a horrible two weeks food wise a few weeks ago, gained about 9lbs over that time, but it came right off within the first week, so don't worry :) It'll be mostly water x

I could well be just water.... and I think when we are away from our own toilets it affects our bodily functions lol (sorry for the input of too much information) ;)

Thankyou, I really hope so - and I understand EXACTLY what you mean!!! :)

YOU'RE BACK!!! It was so quiet without you :) I hope you had an amazing holiday. You're so brave weighing yourself as soon as you're back too. And you probably are retaining water, so worth weighing again in a few days once it's all flushed out your system. I'm sure it's not as bad as you think x

Yayyyyyy!!!
Feel like I have been gone forever.
I really hope it is just retention!!!! x

Welcome back! I hope your holiday was lovely! :D Don't worry about any gains, they will come right off within 2 weeks or so. I had a horrible two weeks food wise a few weeks ago, gained about 9lbs over that time, but it came right off within the first week, so don't worry :) It'll be mostly water x

Thankyou :) had a lovely time apart from the weather!
I am actually weighing 16lbs heavier! :oops::oops::oops: I am so ashamed, but so shocked as I was much much better than I would usually have been.
I have always been carb sensitive, I am also wondering if gluten is playing a part - with the underactive thyroid gluten can play a huge part in weight gain, so here's hoping that after a few days some will drop off! x

Do you know, I have really missed being on here, all the familiar faces.
Missed you all!!!! x

Thankyou :) had a lovely time apart from the weather!
I am actually weighing 16lbs heavier! :oops::oops::oops: I am so ashamed, but so shocked as I was much much better than I would usually have been.
I have always been carb sensitive, I am also wondering if gluten is playing a part - with the underactive thyroid gluten can play a huge part in weight gain, so here's hoping that after a few days some will drop off! x

I have an under active thyroid too and had no idea gluten could cause weight gain if you have x

I have an under active thyroid too and had no idea gluten could cause weight gain if you have x

From what I have read and understood it is to do with the correlation between hypothyroidism and other autoimmune diseases like celiac

"On the other hand, gluten can trigger systemic inflammation in the body that mimics stubborn weight gain. Removing gluten for good and healing the gut with a healthy diet can restore weight to healthy normal levels."

just one quote, I think it is just believed that going gluten free can help hypo symptoms including weight gain, I have only got this info from looking and reading a lot on t'internet! (not my dr who provided zero info!) x

Oh tell me about it.... I get pretty fed up with problems with doctors

I was only diagnosed around 2 months ago so it is all relatively new to me, never realised all the things it affected!!! Have you been diagnosed long? x

I've been diagnose for quite a few years.... but it was no surprise.... most of the ladies in my family have thyroid problems.... but most of them go the other way and loose weight... typical I have to put in on lol

Back