Because I need to be accountable somewhere!!!

That's amazing - you will be in the 14s in a couple of weeks, great news!

Good luck swimsuit shopping... can't say I envy that (although given my recent mishap I need to embark on that soon). Hope you find something you like... The Biba swimsuits from House of Fraser are lovely and quite flattering, but very expensive (although they often put them in the sale). And not suitable for waterslides if they are too big :)

Smaller goals really help! They are a nice thing to cross off my 'list' and make me feel like I'm getting somewhere! Yay for 14's being within sight! It's always a good feeling to break the next stone bracket, you're nearly there! :D

Hope swimsuit shopping goes well :) I haven't been in a swimsuit in ... I don't even know.... over 10 years? I'm just not brave enough. I really should take up swimming though, it's great exercise and there's a swimming pool and gym just 2 minutes away from my house :eek: I'm terrible! :rolleyes:

Thankyou, swimsuit shopping is not my ideal way to spend and afternoon but it is a means to an end.

I am very frustrated this evening, I am so blinking hungry I could scream :flamingmade:
I have eaten 2 dairylea triangles and a cheese slice but would like to eat the entire contents of the fridge!
95% of the time I can deal with this diet but on days like this it really gets me down. I just want to be able to eat like a 'normal' person.

Sorry, not a good day :(:(:(

Is there a reason you're frustrated and angry? It sounds a bit like emotional hunger, we all have these days. Have a think about what changed your mood today to see the source of that hunger.

While it could be genuine hunger, of course, an actual frustration at lack of normality. But, think about it this way, it's only for a little while. It really sucks right now, but given a few months time, you'll be able to do the things you want in confidence. You'll feel so much better at having achieved this and making a change. :) It's worth it. Ride through today as much as possible, you WILL feel better tomorrow.

I was frustrated because I was hungry, I tried all the usual tricks to make sure it was actual hunger and it was. But rode through it

Morning

Not such a bright morning this morning
Have done a mile on the bike this morning and some crunches, resistance work etc. If it stays dry we will take the dogs out later.
Have an exciting weekend planned of sorting out the shed, weeding and sorting through my partners clothes. Though its all movement and calories burnt!
Hope you all have a good weekend

Hi Natty.. I felt like that yesterday too. Dont worry about it too much. You wont have done much damage with cheese and you will still be in ketosis. Have a great weekend x

Thankyou and you x

Day started out ok today but has gone downhill...had a disagreement with my oh and he gets nasty when we disagree, says horrible hurtful things to just deliberately upset me.
Now we aren't really speaking.
I am staying strong and on plan. Despite wanting the ground to swallow me up.

Oh no! :( You don't deserve to be treated like that, from what I've seen in small bits around your diary, he doesn't seem to be very supportive.. Any idea why he's being horrible today? Any chance you can go out for a walk and take yourself away for a bit?

Oh no! :( You don't deserve to be treated like that, from what I've seen in small bits around your diary, he doesn't seem to be very supportive.. Any idea why he's being horrible today? Any chance you can go out for a walk and take yourself away for a bit?

If I try and talk to him about anything he doesn't want to hear about or have a discussion about feelings he gets nasty with what he says to me. He twists what I say and then makes out the whole thing was my fault!
Thankyou for asking, I didn't put it on here for sympathy just needed to say it somewhere x

If I try and talk to him about anything he doesn't want to hear about or have a discussion about feelings he gets nasty with what he says to me. He twists what I say and then makes out the whole thing was my fault!
Thankyou for asking, I didn't put it on here for sympathy just needed to say it somewhere x

This is a safe and secure space to talk about how you feel... We're all strangers in essence, but we do care. This forum isn't just about dieting, but about life too. Thank you for sharing these things, it can't always be easy. I just feel concerned that whatever is going on there isn't particularly healthy. His lashing out must have a cause that he might be too proud/scared to share. Usually men who act very self-defensive at anything have a deep vulnerability that they are reluctant to deal with. I am sorry he is taking it out on you, that really shouldn't be happening. Do you have any friends or family you talk to about this? Is there a way to approach him in a non-threatening way to see what the issues are?

Just remember that none of it is your fault, no matter what he says. Be strong. x

Have an exciting weekend planned of sorting out the shed, weeding and sorting through my partners clothes.
ha - I'm glad I'm not the only one who sorts my partners clothes. My OH has an awful habit of keeping every single item he's ever worn... including a scout uniform that probably fit him when he was 11 years old, and he refuses to let me throw away!!!

Sorry to hear you've having arguments with your OH though - I totally reiterate Minerva's wise words - we may not know each other in person, but hopefully being able to vent on this forum allows you to get out some of your frustration, and we are all listening and encouraging you in more than just the diet. Take care x

This is a safe and secure space to talk about how you feel... We're all strangers in essence, but we do care. This forum isn't just about dieting, but about life too. Thank you for sharing these things, it can't always be easy. I just feel concerned that whatever is going on there isn't particularly healthy. His lashing out must have a cause that he might be too proud/scared to share. Usually men who act very self-defensive at anything have a deep vulnerability that they are reluctant to deal with. I am sorry he is taking it out on you, that really shouldn't be happening. Do you have any friends or family you talk to about this? Is there a way to approach him in a non-threatening way to see what the issues are?

Just remember that none of it is your fault, no matter what he says. Be strong. x

I can talk to my mum and she seems to think it is because I am more eloquent than he is so when he can't think of something intelligent enough to say he resorts to being nasty.

Thankyou again x

ha - I'm glad I'm not the only one who sorts my partners clothes. My OH has an awful habit of keeping every single item he's ever worn... including a scout uniform that probably fit him when he was 11 years old, and he refuses to let me throw away!!!

Sorry to hear you've having arguments with your OH though - I totally reiterate Minerva's wise words - we may not know each other in person, but hopefully being able to vent on this forum allows you to get out some of your frustration, and we are all listening and encouraging you in more than just the diet. Take care x

Yes mine is the same, it can be threadbare and he just rams it in the drawer!

Thankyou for your kind words, hope alls well with you x

I can talk to my mum and she seems to think it is because I am more eloquent than he is so when he can't think of something intelligent enough to say he resorts to being nasty.

Mums are the best, glad you can talk to her about this x

Back