beccas diary

amelia slept a lot this mrn til bou 1.30 then has been awake a lot since.fin feeding her bou 45 miN ago n she aint settled since.i put her in her swing but she was strugging with wind so picked her bk up to wind her nshe kept fallin asleep on me so put her down in her moses n she moving about n making Noises but i wnt pick her up unless she crys.
im hoping she feeds around 12 n sleeps well through night
goin to gt the insulated bottle carriers from boots tomoz as be so mich easier through night and when go out anywer.saves running downstairs in middle of night to do bottle

Yes I do Hun or if 3 in morning to stop her crying I rock her and rock her as putting down that's rare thou she is getting clingy to me thou x

she done brill last night,she slept
9.30-1.30
2.20-6.30
7-10.15
i have been using just formula since mon night,n js expressed lil Bit yday bt dis mrn av wke up sore so jus breasfeedomg amelia to gt rid of soreness tjrn bk on formula rest of dy.
how lng dus it notm tkr for milk to dry up?

I'm still leaking a little and its been nearly 4 weeks. But mw said as long as I just leave them alone it shouldn't take too long so I'm not sure exactly x

spoke to doc today on fne and she sed they are going to leave the reopened cut to heal on its own and it will takw few months.
not happy with this as it cnt b safe being fully open down below

i think i goint to go to out of hours docs tmz n c what they say.jus gt a second opinion.
ive gave amelia Bottles al fay snd she oNly seems to now be taking 2oz at a time.fed her at 10 and i thought she wud maybe have more but she only took 2oz
Norm when they take less do they wake a lot sooner ? i wudnt no as only jus gone onto bottles

Yes get 2 nd opion I have had the same today well mor this afternoon/ evening she has been taking 2 I find if she's tired and has only lil bit she sleeps more but last night she had loads and woke every 4 hours so it depends I think what mood they r in I try make Amelia wait every 3.5-4 hours for a feed and I give her 3 oz in the day and more at night but to uggs been every 2 hours and 2 oz at a time I wonder if I get sleep tonight ????

xxxjessiexxx said:
Yes get 2 nd opion I have had the same today well mor this afternoon/ evening she has been taking 2 I find if she's tired and has only lil bit she sleeps more but last night she had loads and woke every 4 hours so it depends I think what mood they r in I try make Amelia wait every 3.5-4 hours for a feed and I give her 3 oz in the day and more at night but to uggs been every 2 hours and 2 oz at a time I wonder if I get sleep tonight ????

That seems really low to me, when teddy had to go hosp at a few days old they said 3oz every 3hr s and that was at 5days old I think he was on 4 or sometimes 5 by a month old and he's on 6 now at nearly 10 weeks old but he misses a night feed now x

when i was breastfeeding and givong amelia two bottles of formula during night she was taking 5oz bit since been bottle feeding her all day and night she taking diff amounts,still sumtimes taking 5 but mainly around 2 sometimes 3.she been asleep 10.30-2.30 aFter giving her 2oz n jus fed her 3oz,tried to givw her mre but she kept spittin it out
oNly tHing is after the 2-3 she dnt seem settled
also i bought the insulated bottle carriers to keep water warm so through night all have to do is add milk powder But got up gt bottle out of one n it cold

It might take her a while to get used to the bottle formula, or maybe she doesn't get on with the formula but I'd speak to your hv before changing your formula or anything, it does seem a bit low but she might pick up her feeds, if she's like that for a few days though I'd get advice.
I wouldn't be happy for them to leave your wound open either, surely it's open to infection and things? I really think you should get a second opinion x

amelia slept 10.30-2.30 again last night,had 5oz at 2.30 put ger dwn at 3.30 n at 4.15 she was struggling with wind and had filled her nappy so i changed her n gt ri of some wind put her bk down n she was unsettled making noises from 5-6 si cudnt sleep so brought her down at 6 as oh has to gt up for work at 8.jus started feedon Her at 7 and she only took 1oz so hoping she wnts bit mre veey soon

Back