beccas diary

Why wouldn't you give cooled boiled water? That's what babies are meant to have, your mw, hv and doc will tell you that x

I'm no expert I can just say what I've been told. My hv was here last Thursday and asked me if Naomi was having cooled boiled water but she won't take it. I never asked how much they can have if she would take it though and she never said.

mine told me not to give her any but i gave her an oz the other day and gave her an oz before as we went on long walk and when we camw bk she was so hot

amelia still geedimg a lot etc n still beonh fussy,this has been since sat. last nigHt she
slept 23.10-1.30
fed and slept 2-4
fed and slept 5-6.30
sje feedimg every hour n half to two hours at mo .whereas she was going four hours at a time

Naomi forgot what sleep is last night she slept 3.15am until 5.50am and she was awake for 18 hours yesterday. Now she's dozing and Jack's awake.

Yeah sounds like it, but I'm no expert but my hv did say they get more restless, hungry, all over the place and seem out of routine when having a growth spurt so I'm hoping this is just what Naomi is doing too x

also last few days she has only had one poop a day weteas she was having mre.is one a day enuf?
she seems to be straining all time as if she in pain and needs to go

She sounds like she may be constipated hun. So I'd say give her cooled boiled water but we've been there :) I'd ring your hv and just check its okay. If she is constipated then this makes sense for why she's so restless.

No, I mentioned this to my mw cos mil told me to do this. Mw went mad! She said it was dangerous and a stupid thing to do as can cause loads of problems, issues with diabetes etc. She was actually quite rude about it to which I explained this is why I was asking because I didn't know. Also I think the baby milks are quite sweet but she said its completely different to completely giving my child sugar. Tbh it wasn't something I wanted to do but hubby was winging that the only reason I wouldn't do it was cos his mum suggested it so I asked to prove a point

Yeah it'd be a lot easier if everyone gave the same advice, you tend to know what's best for your baby though so just do what you feel is best x

Back