Becktoria Brand New SF diary!

Hi Becks :0) glad you enjoyed the concert,3 hours is really impressive!
Sounds like you had alot of fun,am sure getting back on track will help with any weight gain that there may be,enjoy your day :0)

Hey guys, I've not fallen off plan, just very busy and desperately trying to salvage back some loss after the weekend! I have put on all I had lost! Hoping it will even out a bit before I go away with school on Monday.

Becktoria79 said:
Hey guys, I've not fallen off plan, just very busy and desperately trying to salvage back some loss after the weekend! I have put on all I had lost! Hoping it will even out a bit before I go away with school on Monday.

Fingers crossed for u beck!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins

Good luck getting back on it Becks you can do it! X

Haha! No not really! Lots of getting in lates this week and not so organised which means food disaster! Tuesday was a good day! That's 1 out of 7! Oh dear. Trying to start a fresh today, but have Manchester trip tomorrow evening and back Sunday, then on Monday it's the school residential and although I'll be very active there is apparently a lot of good food fed to you! I will probably be too tired to eat. Must do what I can in the meantime, I'm up the 3.5 I'd lost and I feel fat and ashamed of myself. It's so hard when there is so much going on though, but that is me making excuses for myself.
My friend at work is doing SW and she gained this week too so we are gonna give each other a pep talk.
Sorry I've not been on anyone else's diaries, I've literally been getting in after 7 every night this week or when not cleaning the house and doing my homework for uni! It'll be much calmer come a week Saturday!
Hope you are all doing well. X

Sounds like you had a fab weekend away! And lots of exciting stuff coming up. Please don't beat yourself up or feel ashamed about the gain. I know its frustrating, and certainly seems pretty harsh for a weekend off plan, but we always do so well getting back on plan and making inroads into those gains. I really do believe that is the main thing - the continued desire to eat well and healthily. Maybe concentrating on where you would be now after the last few months of veering off plan had to not been able to pull things back and get back on it. I know its frustrating not to feel like you are moving forward but at least you aren't overall going backwards to any real extent.

Long term scenic route. That seems the way for both of us.

Thanks atomic, I never really got back on track last week though due to general chaotic ness and lots of late nights! Then on Friday I headed to Manchester to see my friend sarah so food not so good and the obligatory cocktails of course! The only saving grace was that after the 3 hour train ride home last night I had a hangover from afternoon drinking so couldn't eat anything! Today I am planning to do as little as possible as I am going away on school residential for a week. I am dreading this. I have never been away from my boyf for so long and I am certainly a girl who likes her home comforts and glamour, a week in horrid clothing and no make up is difficult for me to contemplate. As is sharing a room with my colleague for a week! On the other hand it will be excellent for the kids and me and the boy are planning a lovely meal out when i get back on Friday.
I will not have control over meals but I will be being very active. I'm resigned to just accepting whatever is on the scales when I get back to meeting and then it's a clear run of no big things to knock me off plan til December. I am feeling stupidly fat though.

I think when a diet goes 'wrong' its easy to look at the past few days or weeks and think 'i've ruined it' but if you look at what you have achieved in total it is only a small speed bump to your goal. You have done so well. Just stay positive, don't beat yourself up. When you are ready to get back to it you will.
Dont worry about not visiting others diarys too. Well speaking for me, I don't post on peoples journals for them to post to me, I just got to know you all and like to keep in touch! But there are times when I have no time other than to update my own food diary. Then other times I have all the time in the world.

Hope this week is better for you :D

Thanks purple, I'm just annoyed as I'm the heaviest I've been in 18 months and it's frustrating to me. I feel like I'll never get there, I get so close and then gain again. Classic Yoyo-er!
I've had a bit of time to read people's posts and put up a comment. I hate it when I can't really get on though cos I like to know how people are doing. Are you keeping a food diary these days? I can't seem to find you. X

Just try and enjoy the time away best you can. And if you are doing lots of walking then that should offset most of the food being consumed. It certainly worked for me last week. One thing I find when I am away is that I don't have time to snack which really helps to limit the damage on the scales.

I concur with Purpled's advice about trying to see the bigger picture of what you have achieved rather than concentrating on the very very small (in the scheme of things) time you have spent off plan.

I don't like "roughing it" either. When we go walking I have been known to striaghten my hair and always have full make up on. Its doesn't always manage to stay on due to the wind and rain but I feel much better knowing that it was there at the beginning... I sometimes wish i was the sort of girl that could leave the house (or even her bed) without makeup but i am really really not and don't think I ever will be.

I am sure you will have that gain off in no time once you feel focused and ready :)

Agree about the being away don't stress lots of walking will help and the no time for snacking also keeps the calories down even if the actual meals aren't diet friendly.

Don't be too hard on yourself you can do this - it took me about 3 or 4 years from when I first started dieting to get to target - a very long and scenic route so don't feel like you are alone x

Hey guys I've have returned from the wilderness! I am exhausted! The days were great and I actually enjoyed many of the activities, going rafter canoeing on lake Windermere on a gorgeous autumn day was the highlight, although the zip wire was superfun too. I continue not to have any interest or desire to get involved in caving and was extremely cross with the member of staff in charge the night we were dropped of at a quarry 2.5 miles from the lodge and left with a crappy map to find our own way back with a handful of torches in the pitch black. This played up to many of my stupid anxieties and was extremely stressed about this although I tried to be cool for the kids, some of whom were scared too.
As for the kids they were absolute stars and exceeded my expectations completely. Very proud of them.
Personally the hardest part was not the activities themselves but the evenings, being away from home, having absolutely zero downtime and being in constant work mode. I had no more than 5 mins to myself at a time all week, which is something I think you take for granted. I relished an hour and half long bath when I got in!
So now I'll hang my head in shame... I've gained about 2lb. I am now more than when I joined SW a month or so ago and the heaviest I have been in over 18 months. I am feeling really p****d off about this and quite down and disgusted in myself. I am finding it all a struggle at the minute and not quite sure what steps to take next. I haven't really had much time to embrace SW for a sustained period of time so I think I will get back to meeting on weds, stay for meeting and get my arse into gear. I need to get back to gym too and counting on my boyf to support me with that one. We are going out for cocktails and a meal tonight so I think realistically Monday is going to be the day for getting back on plan. I CAN do this, it's just so bloody tedious going up and down all the time.

Hey Becks, welcome back!

Sounds like you got to experience some amazing activities while away, although reluctance about caving is entirely normal to my mind. Anything but is rather odd... It must have been really hard having no "down time", I've done similar service user holidays before when I worked in a high support mental health hostel and by the end of the 5 times I wanted someone to lock me up in solitary confinement just so I could make sure I got some time to myself! Dinner out and cocktails out sounds lovely and very much deserved.

Its frustrating about the gain but I think sticking to SW for the time being in a good plan. On the weeks when you haven't had things or events that have caused you to go off plan you seem to have lost when. And i remember you saying you now had a pretty event-free run at it after you got back from the pupil holiday? I am sure you will get where you want to be in time.

Hello!! In answer to what you asked a week ago (im a bit behind) I do have a diary. But I can't remember where. SF board maybe. I just follow subscribed posts so I forget.

It sounds like you have had a fun tiring week. Zip wire sounds good, I've always wanted to do that.

Don't worry about the gain. Maybe set yourself a target like its 10 weeks till Xmas, so you could plan to lose 5lbs or 7lbs by then. That way it's a nice gradual slow loss. SW is easy to stick to so glad your going back to that. Good luck and I'm sure it will all be fine.

Sounds like a lot of fun activities. And you have a plan of action to get back into things again so big well done x

Thanks for your messages guys. Getting ready for going out on Saturday was a huge effort. Nothing fit but fortunately I do have an old faithful dress that seems to accommodate the extra lbs. had a lovely night, in the end we opted for local restaurant and pub and had a grand time.

Sooooo today I get back into diet mode. I am also getting back to the gym, although my boyf went on Saturday and it is closing down on 10th November! I am not sure what I'll do then. I may have to venture to town for it if I'm serious about the fitness.

This is my food plan;

B- total 0%, 35g muesli blackberries, apple and banana

L- chocken and bacon stew I made yesterday

T- gammon risotto with Parmesan on top and rocket salad

The stew is full of veg so I think all meals have 1/3 super free. Will try to salvage what I can by Wednesday but am dreading stepping on their scales. Oh well.

Food plan for today looks delicious! Yum yum! Glad you enjoyed your weekend and hope today went to plan.

I've been pretty good and stuck to plan up until I got in and was ravenous and ate some ww biscuits sent up by my mam. Still it couldve been the huge galaxy bubbles bar left over from yesterday!
Risotto in the oven and I'm excited for it.
A funny day today, I'm extremely tired from the residential but my boobs have been hurting lots and cramps and kind of queasy, given I missed my last 'period' I kind of panicked and got another pregnancy test done but thankfully it was negative- we want kids but not just yet! I reckon my hormones are just playing up. I think part of me is searching for an excuse for the 6lb weight gain in 2weeks !
Early night for me I think!

Back