Becktoria Brand New SF diary!

Hey Becks, how have the last couple of days been?

Have you had much snow up there? A few of my friends that live further north have put some awesome pictures up of their snow. We had a very light scattering friday night (it started when we were on our way home from a night out which was very very cold! Brrrrrr). I love the first snow of the year. As long as it isn't still there on monday morning when I need to get to work...

Hey there, just a smattering of snow here, it didn't last very long. But yes it is cold.

I've had a bad couple of days, not food wise but I've not been on plan. On Thursday I was doing great but then in the afternoon I felt really exhausted, sickly and headachy so I went to bed at 6:30. I couldn't stomach anything more than special k bars and cereal.
Yesterday was ok but I was out last night and clearly drank far too much vodka as have spent all of today being sick. It's only now (at 9pm) I've been able to eat something and hopefully I'll keep it down. I'm really thinking that I have to properly quit drinking. I can't cope with the hangovers and I followed all my prevention strategies and stuck to proper vodka, not the cheap stuff. A fun night was had but today has been hideous. Thankfully I'm off this week so time to concentrate on making some good food like soups and stews etc.

Hope you are fully recovered from your hangover now and enjoying half term. I have been craving the week off for the last couple of days. Its just so dark and cold now I just want to be able to snuggle up on the sofa and read a book with a nice cup of tea. Have you got anything in particular planned?

Welcome back Sparkle! Yes I e been a bit tardy at updating and posting on here of late but decided that is going to change as this forum has helped me a lot over the past year. I'm now following (of sorts) slimming world after a 10lb gain over a few months, I've lost 4lb so far so hopefully it'll work.
I don't know much about exante but I'm all for whatever you feel you need to do as its your journey.

Right I'm making a fresh start again! I've actually not done bad as lost another 1.5lb on weds making my total loss 4lb in a fortnight but I've not actually managed to follow the SW plan for a full week! I had a good day on Thursday and then Friday was bad (pesky sweeties left over from lack of halloweeners visiting) and yesterday was a girlie cocktail day with a Chinese when I got home. But I am setting myself some goals for The next month. Not weight related goals as I get annoyed when I don't achieve them but goals for things I need to do. So here they are ( I might make this a thread if people want to join me);

Goal 1- stick to plan for next 4 weeks.
Goal 2- exercise 3 times a week.
Goal 3- avoid chocolate!

So these are the things I need to do. I think it will be hard but I'll get there. I haven't joined the gym as I think it costs too much so close to Xmas and on top of the cost of the gym you're expected to have at least one personal training session a month which costs £30! So I'm getting out my DVDs and getting my arse into gear!

Good news on the loss and I like your plan for the next few weeks. Its crazy that your gym expect you book in for a personal training session and put the hard sell on it - surely that's your choice! I did 30 day shred again for the next time in over 6 months last week and actually really enjoyed it. Sometimes its nice exercising in the comfort of your own home where you can just flop on the sofa afterwards. I don't tend to use my dvds much anyway bevause I feel bad if I'm not fully using my gym membership.

Not sure if I am eligible to join you on sticking to plan for the next 4 weeks as my intention is to deliberably NOT stick to plan 1 day a week... I'll join you on the exercising 3 times a week though. I retain my right to eat chocolate ;)

You can keep your chocolate but at the moment I think I need to give it a wide berth!

Today has been a good day

B- bacon medallions
2 slices wholeneal bread- hex b
1 tsp ex light mayo-1syn

S- banana

L- sweet potato, butternut squash and roasted red pepper soup

S- apple

T- roasted veg, chicken pieces and cous cous
Vanilla activia
S- hot milk- hex-a
Honey- 1 syn

Total- 2syns

Thanks Sparkle. I haven't made that particular soup in ages and it's lovely. Forgot how nice and autumnal it is!

Got the hairy dieters cook book from the book man and just made my first meal, Spanish chocken bake. It was lush and all free except the chorizo. The boy loved it too, always great to find nice easy recipes that he likes too!

Hi Becky I was looking at the HDs book in Asda yesterday its £7 there should have bought it! See you are a fellow Newcastle lass! Just rejoined here yesterday I've been faffing too long even though I'm a helper at class need to get back on track big time!

Going to read through this thread for motivation!

D x

Food sounding really good. Mmmmmm. I will have to have a look at the Hairy Dieters cookbook. I have only actually made the butter chicken from it as I am generally USELESS at actually following a proper recipe. I don't even end up following recipes for cakes.

You sound much more motivated though which is great. Hopefully it will pay off on weigh in for you again :)

Today been a wobbly day. Could not even look at soup for lunch and had a pasta and sauce rubbish dinner! I also may have eaten an aero Xmas tree! BUT I have done the 30 day shred so I feel a bit better about things!

I reckon the 30 day shred evens things out. And "wobbly" day is much better than "wobbled off wagon completely" so you have done well.

Well guys I'm say in costa coffee with a large hot chocolate waiting to rejoin my old ww meeting that I left over a year ago. After much thinking last night I've decided that SW isn't really for me. The fact that I've only really had one full week on plan since I first started in September was a big sway. I think its a good plan but personally find it so hard to stick to. I like the freedom of being able to eat , for instance a crumpet, withoit having to count it on my syns or weekly allpwance- with ww i can just reduce what i wat for tea. I know ww works for me and I know I can do it when i put my mind to it.
I also don't really enjoy the SW meetings. They last a very long time and I don't like my loss or gain being read out and having to talk about it, at ww I can talk if I choose but don't have to.

So I hate jumping from diet to diet but I think right now I need to be working with somethong i know well. I'm also looking forward to going back to this group. I wasn't keen on the leader of the group I joined when I moved, I felt she was quite patronising. Anyhow, I'm expecting a gain on last weeks weight but it's a new start so it doesn't matter. I've had a lot of fresh starts on the last few months haven't I? Oh dear. I feel very silly chopping and changing!

Welcome back to WW!! As someone who did SW for the best part of two years I definitely think WW is easier to fit your life around. I definitely feel like I can eat much more like a "normal" person on WW than I ever felt I could on SW.

Hope the meeting goes well. And definitely don't give another thought to the fact they have been a few "new starts" - the determination to keep making them is what counts. And finding something that works for you is the key thing, sometimes trying something different for a while allows you to see more clearly what you need.

Thanks guys. It was really nice to go back to my old meeting. The leader remembered me and said she was pleased to see me back and it's a small, friendly group. I really felt welcomed so hopefully that will help give me a positive start!

I was 3lb up on last week so my new ww start weight it 11.9. I'm not setting a goal weight for Xmas as if I don't meet it I feel p****d off with myself so the goal is still to stick to plan, albeit, a different one, exercise and avoid chocolate!

Wow! I feel super motivated today! I even got up early to do 30 day shred! My legs are destroyed for the day and I shall be moving like an old lady but at least I've done it! Hmmm we'll see if I feel like this by the time I finish at uni tonight!

Glad to hear how motivated you are feeling (reckon you must be if you are doing 30 day shred before work!)

How is the college course going? It's really exciting to be doing your Masters but being at work all day and then going to college in the evening must be a real killer.

You ain't joking! Tonight was very irritating. Just before I left work I looked at timetable and said this weeks lecture started at 6 and usually they start at 5 so I leave straight from work so it isn't so bad. But today I went home for an hour and it was so much of an effort to get up and go out again. Anyhow got there at 5:55 and lecture was halfway through! I'm home already! I wasn't the only one caught out, we'd been sent the wrong info. Ah well at least I can have my tea earlier.

Today's food

Day 1 26 dailies 49 weeklies

B- oatso simple cinnamon-3pp
Skimmed milk-1pp
Raspberries

S- banana
Grapes

L- ww bagel-4pp
Ham-1pp
Ex light mayo-0pp

S- tiny piece of cake (testing it for kids giving to slt staff tomorrow!)- 1pp
crumpet-2pp
Flora light- 1pp
Marshmallows-3pp

T- carbonara (made with quark)-4pp
Wholewheat pasta-5pp
Parmesan- 1pp
2x activia fat free vanilla-3pp

Total- 29pp

Weeklies left - 46

Overall pleased with today, could've avoided going into my weeklies but other than a meal with The boy tomorrow I've got nothing else to use them on!

Very good looking day! Very restrained and organised!.

Its a shame about the miscommunication about the lecture, hopefully you didn't miss anything you can't catch up with and as you said at least it meant an earlier dinner!

Back